Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Billetproof 2010 Schedule (some date/location changes)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choptop, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Choptop

Choptop

for the 2nd time:

I did look, but like you said.. you dont advertise. How is one supposed to know? Do you have any fliers out NOW that would indicate the date? Is it on any calendars (its not here on the HAMB or other online hot rod show calendars)?

Saying things like "our event was of no concern" and "seems you didnt take time to look" is jumping to conclusions.

I do make an effort to make sure I dont schedule at the same time or even close in time or space to other shows. But I have to be able to find info on the shows somehow. I asked around the area and no one mentioned your show...even people that live in Giddings.

I will be in touch with the promoters from here on out... but I cant read minds. ;)

Feel free to call me at 916-207-4645

2. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

i wouldnt sweat it any more. or do anymore ..splainin choptop...there are those that just refuse to be happy about change. or things they dont like.

And there are only so many weekends in the summer months up here in Michigan to even have a show..theres no way you could ever make everyone happy..or know everyones plans.

the Eagles had a cool song about it for those who are having a tuff time..called "Get over it".. wanna hear it?

3. no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:d

4. Classic_Crime_Inc

Classic_Crime_Inc

I was there two weeks ago and I must agree this is the best Deja-Vu in Michigan..defiantly some hot girls there!! most of which said they went to UofM which I thought was funny..since when do strippers go to college?

5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

its a line they all use...where have you been?:D

6. hotrodgary

hotrodgary

I seriously read all this... and after all this bs I have one question??

What the hell is churro?

-Gary

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Do you have a Costco by you by chance? If so, walk in and head to the snack bar and you can see them in a heated glass case right in front. You can buy one for one dollar. They are kinda like a long twisted donut thing with cinnamon. You do not need to be a memeber of Costco to go to the snack bar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Churro

8. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

[​IMG]

I love me some Churros..my wife makes them very often.

its a spanish thing..and she's from Peru

like HRLC says there like a Traditional ;)spanish cinnamon douhnut stick

9. Choptop

Choptop

We'll have them at the show. Tasty, tasty churro's.

you can thank Max from the Dragoons for starting the Billetproof Churro craze. ;):D

10. flat top austin

flat top austin

Hey is there going to be a pre-party or anything friday night before billetproof in chehalis Washington???

11. Choptop

Choptop

dunno yet.

we are working on a real humdinger of a Sat. night cruise though... a couple of bands, a burlesque show and some craft breweries selling their finest.

12. Remember when people attended car shows that were unique. and not held at a place that holds other shows there.It's like having a show or a cruise were they have a weekly cruise.people outside the mitten wouldn't understand, since summer to most last's longer than a few hours or day's.

13. Dead Pan

Dead Pan

a friend of mine told me i missed a really good show at Giddings this past year, so I'll be at the 2010 event and it'll be early june so it shouldnt be as hot as late july (fingers crossed)

14. lowbuckers

lowbuckers

Anybody know of the host hotel yet for the Michigan show. Some buddies of mine are heading up from Ohio not a far drive at all, but you know we are definetly going to par take in beverage activities and maybe some college co eds

15. Choptop

Choptop

The host hotel for Michigan is the Mariott at Eagle Crest.
    1275 S Huron Street, Ypsilanti - <table class="ts"><tbody><tr><td style="line-height: normal;" valign="top"><nobr>(743) 487-2000</nobr></td></tr></tbody></table>

16. lowbuckers

lowbuckers

Thanks for the host hotel info booking it here soon.

17. tjm73

tjm73

There was talk of an East coast Billetproof. What happened with that?

18. Choptop

Choptop

its actually on deck for 2011. :eek::D

We had some plans in place for 2010 but we just couldnt make it happen this year. Realistically it takes 1.5 years to plan and start up a new show. We are working on the details right now.

I should have an announcement about it come spring time. ;)

19. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

Mitch, let me know what you find on the hotels,

Choptop, got the flyers in the mail friday, thank you, and will get em out to everyone this week. let me know if you need a few more vollenteers, george

20. tjm73

tjm73

Can you create an email notification list, just in case I miss the announcement. :cool:

21. lowbuckers

lowbuckers

George alot of options for hotels it's really up to everyone where we want to stay. Host hotel or there are others right around there. Where ever we want to stumble around to. I will talk to you this weekend, are we still comin over this weekend to paint

22. ChetHill

ChetHill
    from Milan Mi.

I have DJ'd the show in ypsi on the 1st weekend in may for the last 8 years ,it is a fantastic place for a show , there is also a very cool little vintage motorcycle shop called Cafe Racer that is a must visit site while there , also a cool vintage guitar store , depot town is the coolest thing going in ypsi ,cant wait to see billetproof there

23. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

Boomer does not support this show or the move. Nor do any of the clubs or people who have worked it in the past.

24. Bloody Hell

Bloody Hell
    from Spring, TX

Bloody what?

25. WOW! This is hard to take! :p:rolleyes:

Why, I'll bet the show will go on in spite of a few cry babies.

I'll bet you worry that someone has a bigger dick than you do, too!

If the only way you can tout your show is to tear down Alan's efforts, I wonder what kind of a show you will have anyway. Can't it stand on it's own merit?
    I say, "Shut your pie hole" and go do your show and quit posting your s#*t talk on this thread.

26. RichG

RichG

You drug this back to the top to post that? Do you realize it makes you look like a tool? Seriously, I'm willing to bet Boomer can speak for himself (at least I ASSUME he can), so why stir the pot now with second hand B.S.? Let it go.

27. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Well, well, well, I guess our little deal of you staying off Alan's BilletProof threads and I'd stay off SOS threads is null and void. You just can't stand the fact that BilletProof Detroit is going to ROCK.

28. Choptop

Choptop

you might want to call Boomer and ask him yourself.

(248) 666-6080

You see when I last talked to him, he stated that he does indeed support Billetproof and offered to help with Billetproof.

So before you post here, claiming to know his mind, you might want to:

A. Make sure thats alright with him
    B. Find out how he feels about the situation before you speak out of turn

I've asked before, and you agreed to stop posting in Billetproof threads. If you keep it up it will be brought to the attention of the HAMB moderators.

Last edited: May 6, 2010
  29. turdchazer

turdchazer
    Member Emeritus
    from Spokane

GODDAMMIT I have to drive the 41 over the beautiful cascade mountians, I have to listen to the sound of a flathead purr and the sound of bias plys on the road just to go to one of the best shows in Wa. state, Then I see pictures of my car on Billetproofs web site, I don't know how a man is supposed to put up with this kinda fortune!!!!;)
    Man Alan just let it roll off your back. Some famous fucker once said " You can't make all the people happy all the time"
    I'm all signed up for this years Billetproof, And I can't wait.
    Uh one thing tho When ya gonna move it to Spokane????????:D

30. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

just went back and read this.... lmfao! funny shit... gotta love it damn i cant wait for the show(s)