Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Pulled more 30's-50's stuff out of the School Bus today.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slingblade44, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Slingblade44

Slingblade44

If you see something and know what it is, PLEASE let me know wtf some of this stuff is. I found a bell housing that has Speed Gem across the top. About 100 head light lenses from 1918 up, tie rods, clutch forks for early chevy/gmc trucks. Took a friend to help, it was like taking a kid to a candy store, he drooled alot and jumped up and down!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    tie rods new condition I have LOTS of these!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    King Pins 2 boxes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  2. Slingblade44

Slingblade44

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  3. R.Allan

R.Allan
    BANNED
    from Ca

i can make out couple of merc grille pieces.
    wanta sell the isky gears?

4. Slingblade44

Slingblade44

I am trying to find out what the gears fit on teh net now, sent them an email and pic of them with the part number

5. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Quite a little stash you found there! Very interesting!

6. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

I'm guessing the bellhousing is Chevy to early Ford?

7. Slingblade44

Slingblade44

that is what I have been told by the old schoolers that have look at it today.

8. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Merc and maybe a Nash grille.
    Take it all to a car swap meet, and spread it all out on the ground. You'll be amazed at how quickly folks will share with you what the parts fit.

9. Slingblade44

Slingblade44

I would love to do that, but dad had 5 bypasses recently so I am kinda locked into very short jaunts at the most for awhile.

10. Swifster

Swifster

I hope you didn't need much help identifying the Chevy 'W' heads (348-409). In the first picture between the heads the grille may be '41 Studebaker. Had to tell without a better look.

11. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That grille section on the far right of the first photo is a 38 Ford standard side curtain.
    Doc

12. Buildy

Buildy

13. Slingblade44

Slingblade44

I found a chicken coop out there I have to go thru tomorrow, you wouldn't BELIEVE the chrome trim, grills, ect in the old chicken coop. I don't think there is a way to tell what trim part is what unless you had the car it went to, but there are about 10 or 11 grilles I am getting. Will post pics of grilles. ALso got some AWESOME looking hood ornements yesterday, will post pics of those. They are in awesome shape and just cool to see. Cars had so much style and individuality back in the day. I have a 62 model car I am fixing to work on, but other than the old that is why I build retarded little cars with big engines. The first guys to shove V8's in pinto's, Vega's, gremlin's, they were all hot rodders as well.

14. Love the 78's, I assume they talk you through how to rebuild the carbs in conjunction with the manual?

15. scrape

scrape

a few things i grabbed...

Attached Files:

16. In the first photo you can see a '36 Ford spare tire outer ring (on the left).

Do us all a favor and open the boxes, as I am especially curious about the ball bearing advance plate. Too Cool!

17. scrape

scrape

if i go back there with rob im gonna take some pics of the bus....