Register now to get rid of these ads!

old timer pranks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 shaker, Nov 1, 2008.

1. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

You rule.....:cool:

2. Years ago I sewed up the boss's coveralls at the cuff and put them a few pairs down on the shelf and waited for the day he put that "certain" pair on. He always pushed his legs thru real hard when putting his coveralls on each morning. when he got to that pair, he jammed his leg in, his foot stopped at the cuff and he fell over on his face. He knew who did it right away as I was rolling on the floor laughing. I paid for that many times over, but it was worth it. :D:D:D

3. Frank Carey

Frank Carey

A friend heard about the potato in the tail pipe stunt and decided to do it to a guy in the neighborhood who always backed his car into the garage(less likely to get caught placing the potato). In the morning the guy tries to start the car and it imediately stalls. Second try stalled similarly. On the third try he kept the gas floored and blew the potato thru 12 storm windows that were leaning against the back wall. Another friend was victim of the horn relay wired to brake light switch and decided to get even with the suspected perpetrator. He opened the hood of the guy's '60 Chev, clipped onto the horn relay but couldn't find the brakelight switch - it was under the dash on these cars. So he doesn't know what to do and clips the other end onto the generator without a clue of what might happen. Guy starts his car - no problem. Slowly out thru the parking lot, merged into traffic on the hgiway. At about 20 mph generator was making enough juice so the horn started making a growling sound - not recognized as coming from the horn. Owner has no idea what's going on and slows. Sound stops. Ends up driving 25 miles home at 20mph on a very busy major artery. Another guy who suspected that he was about to become a victim of the horn/brakelight stunt painted prussion blue machinist dye on the underside of his hood's front edge where you lift. He also stole the soap from the men's room. Sure enough, ther bad guy hit, got the blue all over his hands, couldn't get it off with just water, and disappeared for the rest of the day. In the morning his hands were all red and raw, obviously from a lot of abrasive scrubbing.

4. sixdogs

sixdogs
    BANNED
    from C

I haven't read all these so this might be a dupe but my daughter "cleaned" my steering wheel and rubber Husky floor mats with silicone Armorall. First, I had a hard time even getting in because my feet slid around but worse I hard time holding onto the steering wheel.

5. csclassics

csclassics

This isn't really a car related prank, BUT...when I was a teenager I pumped gas at a station (NJ) and the dude that came in after me use to have his grandpa drop off his lunch before he got there. So everyday I use to hide his brown bag in a different place in the shop. One day I duct taped his lunch bag to the ceiling.....that was great fun!

6. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

For a while I worked in a diesel shop and had a kid I really didn't get along with well.
    One day I found a handfull of diesel pump plugs in the trash bin that looked pretty similar to the oil drain plug of a truck.
    That weekend when I found his truck parked I tossed out a plug and dumped a quart of oil on the ground under it.
    Later that night we saw him and his buddies under the truck with the hood up trying to figure out where the plug and oil came from.
    He either realized it wasn't from his truck or gave up because about an hour later we saw him driving it home.

7. Funny and reminded me of what we called "drag purse".

Not an old timer prank but funny. I let my kids do this every vacation. We'd pick up a thrift store purse then hang it out the car door so it barely touches the ground. Now start driving around.... with the windows rolled up and the music bangin'

Slow traffic in retail business areas full of tourists are the best.

When pedestrians point at the purse, you wave and smile. The "victim" then starts to get very excited. My kids learned to say "I don't speak English" in several languages. This amplifies the intensity of the "Good Samaritan" giving you hand gestures about the dragging purse.

The energetic victims will chase you for blocks yelling and waving.

8. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

9. Been there done that:D Have also put six foot black snakes in a tool box:eek: Pile a big bunch of leaves in the road. cars at first will drive through very slow. keep then piled up. later on after traffic zooms through place a few old tires in the pile. Pull the purse!Attach a long string to a purse place it near the edge of the road. Hide in bushes. When a car stops and just as someone bends over to get it yank on the string.:cool: I Have a lot more but i cant talk about them. OldWolf

10. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

I could use this at Baileigh. It would be great.

11. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Armor All the vinyl bench seat........

Zip tie the hole in the door to the porta potty when your friend (or enemy) is in there.

wrap the car in toilet paper then pour water on it ....especially on a cold night. If it has time to dry it will form and stick to the car. If it freezes it is a bitch to get into.

12. fordfan289

fordfan289
    from indiana

The boss at work is very anal wannabe harley guy that redid a mid 60s harley about a month ago it was raining so he pulled it into the shop. I thought it would be funny to pour a small amount of oil under it found out about a week later he tore it down because it was leaking oil real bad I felt like an ass.

13. MarkzRodz

MarkzRodz
    BANNED

It's a rough world out there and if I can help a HAMBER get even then this works great even better if you are enraged or insanely pissed. Get a common pointed candle and get under the vehicle take the oil plug out and jam the candle in and twist a little as you shove. Then your done.
    The candle melts a couple of miles down the road,,then the fun begins.
    I though of that a couple of years ago.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  14. neverliftmotorsports

neverliftmotorsports

My dad had a problem with a guy when he was in high school. The guy had a car alarm that you set with a key in the left fender. During P.E. class my dad and his friends would shake the car setting the alarm off everyday till the battery died. The guy heard it was my dad and told him he was going to kick his ass if he did it again. My dad being the smart ass didnt touch the car for a few days so the guy thought he won. After a couple days he did mess with the car again. He dropped the coil wire from the dist into the carb. The guy gets in his car pumps the gas to set the choke and drop some fuel into the motor and hits the key. My dad said it was funny as hell when the damn carb and hood came off the car. The guy never talked shit to my old man again!

15. Glad he did this along time ago but had he done it today I think he would be in some serious shit. I had a punk mess with my car when I was in HS. Only person to ever mess with it. Well lets just say he found out the hard way not to mess with others vehicles. I will not tell you what I did, but a "friend" of mine made his vehicle go to the junkyard after he was through with it. You just don't mess with a man's wheels to where he has to spend serious money or consider yourself "marked" for payback. Some of these pranks are not funny, some are. I seek revenge of 10 fold though to those who mess with my property, so then I can think its funnier/karma corrected.-Weeks

16. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

You would realy need to be pissed at someone bad to do this. :rolleyes:

17. newfalconowner

newfalconowner
    from NS Canada

a ping-pong ball in the gas tank... it will float untill the vehicle starts and the suction will sink the ball over the line stopping fuel. hours and hours of trouble shooting and replacing parts untill the fuel tank is changed :)

oh thats not a prank, thats just a way to get back at the guys that prank you :)

18. younggun13

younggun13

these stories kill me hahaha.... 2 years ago i was a senior in high school, we had a shop teacher retire they year before so our senior year we had a brand new teacher boy did we mess with him:D At my school everying had been redone so they had phones in the room theyd call the office they called at least 3 times a class.... one time i had an empty box of condoms in my car and it came with a free packet of lube lol we placed it all over the phone when he was under a car and waited... sure as shit he got a call it dripped alll down his face n had no idea he tried to get it off but it was shiny on his face the rest of the class :eek:hahahaha it makes me start laugh every time i think of it!!

19. 94hoghead

94hoghead

when I was in high school a couple of beer drink old men that I thought a lot of told me about a buddy of theirs that they pranked. They were driving an old model T. They shut off the spark and the car died. Keep in mind that they had been drinking heavily, The talked the other guy into standing on the fender and pissing on the dist. When in full stream the hit the spark advance and the guy screamed and fell over backwards. They thought they had killed him. I think he only wished he was dead.

20. J&JHotrods

J&JHotrods

Tranny fluid down the carb-always good for a smoky chuckle 'til someone pours too much and the motor hydra-locs(did I say someone or me?:D). I turned it over by hand a few times and it fired up, so no harm done. He had it coming-took a fire extinguisher to me while I was taking a dump.
    Had a buddy tell me he would punch a hole in the exhaust of an unsuspecting friends car and insert a grease zerk and pump it full of lithium grease. I'm told it stinks to high hell for a long time, never had the guts/ambition to go through that much trouble to mess with someone. But I have been know to slather it on top of a cat. convertor on a late model on someone who 'had it coming'......
    I love the condensor trick-one of my old man's all time favorite. He loaded up a bunch of 'em for an instructor that was giving him a hard time. Put them in his coat pockets and every time he reached in....ZAP. Top drawers of the toolbox, the teach reaches up there and........ZAP. After about 5 or 6 times the instructor just glared at my dad and said, "alright-where's the rest of them?!?" Dad just gave a blank stare back and replied, "rest of what?". Good stuff, man.

21. I like to stand behind a door and call someone in. Then, just as they enter, I slam the door in their face. Its usually good for a broken nose but sometimes knocks out a few teeth.
    I love that one...:D

JOE:cool:

22. vonpahrkur

vonpahrkur

I've had my car messed with a couple times long ago and I think a real car guy would never mess with another's car, even out of revenge. I think the majority of HAMBers understand the work that goes into putting a car together and can imagine how they would feel if after building their dream car, someone played a "prank" on them by doing something to their car, or vandalized it or destroyed it. I think I'd have to take a prank on my car pretty serious, and I'm sure most would agree.

Pranks are funny and all, but always end up going too far and something or someone gets damaged, just like this thread, see how it quickly turned into a pissing contest of who had the best/worst story. I guess I just love the old iron more than I could ever hate someone. It's pretty ironic when someone says "you never mess with a man's car", then proceeds to explain how they vandalized or ruined someone else's car out of revenge. What makes that person any better than the other guy? It&#8217;s the same story, one guy messed up another&#8217;s car! I think you should never mess with a person's car&#8230; period. I know of some people that would probably shoot someone if they messed with their car. Not saying that's right either, but just a possibility of what could happen if you messed with the wrong person's car. <o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>
    When I hear of old junk yards, that I used to go to, closing down and the cars getting scrapped I think it's pretty sad - as I'm sure most on this board would agree. I usually think, "how stupid whoever owns that stuff must be! What a jackass!" I would never want to put myself on the same level as one of them! Those cars are junkyard cars that have been neglected, how much worse is someone who destroys someone&#8217;s pride and joy. I just love that old iron and wouldn't want to ever destroy it, even if some prick was the owner of it! I guess I'd just rather spend my time building than destroying, I think that's kinda what this forum is about; building. &#8230;my 2 cents<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  23. Shoebox is in the cutting up stages. Will post pictures when completed.-Weeks

24. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

yea some of this stuff in here went too far, i was enjoying the thread when it was just funny stuff

25. vonpahrkur

vonpahrkur

Cool, You mean the one Mark got from me? That's the perfect example, that car would have been scrapped if I hadn't bought it and two others. Thanks for the reminder, I still gotta settle up on that deal. I save cars every opportunity I get, even if it just ends up being some parts for someone else, better than getting crushed!

26. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Back in the Car audio install days we had a good time pulling pranks on each other.

Lots of fart games. One installer had the eternal case of flatulence. He would sit down in the passenger seat while someone was wiring a stereo, then get up and close the door. In a few seconds they would get the look.....gassface!

Some one would always kick up a cheek on you when you were working in a trunk.

If someone else was in a trunk and asked for a tool to be handed to him, you were obliged to aim for the manberries when tossing it in.

The bathroom door had a pretty good gap underneath, bottle rockets fit nicely under there.

Always give the big guys the small cars to work on. One guy had to let the top down on Miatas so he could drive it. He got all the miatas.

I shut the doors on one of the big guys-6'6", 350lbs.-when he was in the back seat of a toyota paseo installing speakers in the rear deck. Looked like a circus clown car when he finally managed to extract himself.

Paper between the fuse and fuse holder was always fun when they were trying to troubleshoot.

A screw with the head cut off, stuck on the fender near where someone was screwing down an amp could cause heart attacks....especially when one guy managed to shoot a real screw through a jeep cowl, then didn't believe we weren't pranking him that time.

The 2 "healthy" guys had eternal cases of plumber's butt. One day when it snowed, one of them stuck his phillips screwdriver in the snow outside the door. When the other bent over a trunk, he dropped it into the butt cleavage. After the guy smacked his head on the trunk lid, much colorful language ensued.
    Ahh, the good ol days.

27. 57 shaker

57 shaker
    from phx.az

OK I think it's time I threw in a couple that I did.I worked in a Dealership and one day a wannabe tune guy was in the parking lot working on a new Lincoln Navigator with the passenger door open,it was running and he was up to his waist under the dash touching different wires with a tester.Well I snuck up on him and at the same time he was touching wires I slamed my hand on the door and yelled BAM! His body looked like an earthquake, can't explain it but his body just rippled,he came out shakin and I calmly said you find that short yet?
    Farts:
    I ate hard boiled eggs,beans,and I think some bad meat and laid real still all nite and went to work the next day with some farts that you could actually see.We had a short rack that you drove a car on that only about half the front of the car was on the rack.It was a pit situation and if you sat on a little seat and rolled under the car the only way back out was the way you went in.I asked another mechanic to get under there and tell me what he thought about that draglink.He went in I let ur rip and grabed the front bumper and held him in.Lots of legs and arms flying but I held him in pretty good.
    Another fart story was when I was road testing a customers car and was coming back into the dealership a mechanic was standing there(this guy was one of those guys that thinks hes above everyone else,Better than anyone,always cleaning his nails you know the type) well just before I pulled in I cut one that would gag a maggot,I had all the windows up and rolled the driver window down and called him over and said to him check the milage on this car, so he stuck his head in right above my lap and got himself a big wiff,his eyes got big and turned and looked at me,I said what do you think?he pulled his head out and ran to his stall.

28. Garyr

Garyr

Nice clean oil under your buddies car at a carshow. Water if you want to be "green"!

29. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

Yes destroying or damaging someones pride and joy i agree is wrong and i would hurt someone who did a prank that damaged my car. But a harmless prank keeps the mood good and fun with hot rod buddies and helps keep the flame alive. If not you might as well be a tight a** street rodder:D

30. gotit

gotit

We would take a ratcoon hat and put it on a fishing pole. put it on one side of the road and we would go to the other. We waited for a car and started reeling it in. Cars would lock the breaks up.

we would also take all four wheels off a car and set the car back on the wheels.

Pack the door handles with grease.

put a few bungee cords holding the doors shut and have a bunch of your buddys help you out of the car.

build a chunk of pipe that barely fits into a tail pipe. weld a washer with a small hole onto the end.