Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage minibikes

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by INJUNTOM, Jul 7, 2006.

1. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

2. AHotRod

AHotRod

Love the trike Alan.

3. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

4. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

At the BUB all motorcycle meet on the Salt Flats they have an unofficial "pit bike" competition.One guy nails it every year.
    Here's this year's.

[​IMG]

5. TREDold

TREDold
    from Minnesota

Heres an old Rupp, put the 6.5 HP and the Comet Torq a verter on and all it did was wheelie.
    So I built a longer swing arm, still a little evil at low speeds.

[​IMG]

6. I just picked this one up last night for $100... came with a NOS "display" engine from 1983 that has a plastic side cover so you can see all the parts moving as it is running!

Attached Files:

7. claymore

claymore
    BANNED

Now that is seriously cool beans. Clear side cover why didn't I think of that.

8. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Sam, looks like you could be driving/riding 3 entries at our next event:D

9. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Man you guys suck! Now I've been searching mini bike stuff on EBay all day.....thanks alot! ;)

Seriously, I was getting ready to do a motorized bicycle...board track style but I may just do a mini bike instead.

Attached Files:

• side.jpg
      side.jpg
      File size:
      352.3 KB
      Views:
  10. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

How about posting a pic showing the side cover...sounds cool!

11. Chuck R

Chuck R

That could be a race bike.
    chuck

12. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

Nice Cat 300X

13. Bud

Bud
    from Orange, CA

Cyclone, you may want to check out this website for cool board track bikes.

http://www.derringercycles.com/

14. Hey Chuck, I bought this thing in Fremont! I figger'd you would have scored it for yourself!
    Are you still looking for one? Gonna join us on the ride over the hill?
    Sam

15. Injuntom... thanks for i.d.ing this thing. My buddy Matt has a CAT, but it is waaaaaaay shorter... but it has the same bolt on handlebars... so we figured it was a CAT, but didn't know which one.

LedSledMerc... I'll get a pic up tomorrow... it is really cool. I don't know if it'll handle the abuse of riding, we're gonna try it, and hope it doesn't whipe out the crank!

Sam

16. Chuck R

Chuck R

Sam,
    I need to get my head in the game. I start searching again.
    chuck

17. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

His is shorter than yours? The 300X is the short one. Maybe yours is a bigger model? Looks to be a 300X from the pics...

BTW, do you have a close up of that brake caliper? Does it appear original? They are very rare to still have the caliper if so.

18. waldo39

waldo39
    from Illinois

I have a Sears from the '60's ??? that has a motorcycle style tank and snubber brake on the back. Put a Briggs 5.5 hp ohv on it. really torques along.

19. Here's some pics.

of the side cover for ledsledmerc
    [​IMG]

And of the brake caliper. The bike is identical to my buddies CAT... only a bit longer.
    [​IMG]

20. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Ran across this old pic today

[​IMG]

21. CH3NO2JAY

CH3NO2JAY
    from Chicago

Not sure If I'm allowed to post this here and If I'm not . I'll gladly delete this post.

I have a Mini Bike Chopper frame with wheels/tires (probably deflated now) that has been in storage FOREVER. I'm selling it for 15 bucks firm only. It was originally orange and I do not know it's age, but it's currently in brown primer, but I DEF. know it's atleast the early 70's, possibly the 60's.

the only thing that is altered from stock is the plate/gusset that connects the backbones and the down tube to the neck. It was just partially (doesn't affect the structural integrity) cut but can be a easy fix with someone with a welder, besides that, if you have the controls and engine, it's good to go the last time I looked at it. I'll try to work on a pic soon, Local pickup preferred because I'm tight with $$$ big time right now and just looking to get extra disposable funds for a haircut as stupid as that might sound...

Edit: If I EVER find anything minibike related in my garage over the winter, it's the buyers free of charge...

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  23. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

As dumb as this sounds, I'll take it if Cutlass66dude doesn't...

24. CH3NO2JAY

CH3NO2JAY
    from Chicago

INJUNTOM,

I'll keep you posted if cutlass66dude changes his mind, I'd like it to go to a good home since it came from my buddies father who passed away, that is why I'm not trying to make a killing on it... Pics tomorrow, I promise...

25. CH3NO2JAY

CH3NO2JAY
    from Chicago

INJUNTOM

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v74/CH3NO2JAY/

^^^Link to Pics^^^

If you have no interest, I have a plan with someone on the board already, but you showed possible interest 2nd. It's not as nice as I recall and is in rough shape, but it's been ages since I last saw it. No hard feelings if you think it's a POS, just wanted to give you a fair crack at it first before I go behind your back and gget rid of it. I would never do that type of stuff on the HAMB....

P.S. Have no idea how I'd ship the thing to be honest, never shipped something of this size before and have no clue what it would cost $$$ wise, probably more than it's worth....

26. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

Sorry I didn't get back sooner, the notification went to my spam box. Looks like some sort of Fox brand minibike that has been chopped up. Still would be a fun project for someone. Go ahead and let the other guy have it since I'm mostly into stock type ones.

Thanks again, Tom

27. SchlottyD

SchlottyD

Bringing this to the top! Just picked up a 60's Sears mini, its in pieces so no pics yet. Hope to debut it at this years HAMB DRAGS. We should arrange some mini drags for vintage mini bikes!

28. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

29. Ob1

Ob1

A '65 Benelli Dynamo Compact {Italian domestic model}

[​IMG]

A '78 Honda Z50, after a freshen-up

[​IMG]

About 15 years before, same bike being raced by my daughter in a junior enduro.

[​IMG]

30. Scarynickname

Scarynickname
    from Toney, Al

I had one when I was little. I never knew what the brand name it was since it was VERY used when we got it, however after looking at all of these photos it might have been a Lil' indian, or a knockoff of one. I've got a 8hp B&S sitting in the shop and I'm still looking for a frame. I've got an old Sears garden tractor frame that a coworker wants. I told him mto bring me a minibike and we'll talk.