Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Billetproof 2010 Schedule (some date/location changes)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choptop, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Great choice for the show Alan!The Ypsi Area Street Rods have a show there usually the first weekend in May and there is always a great turnout.I've been to a couple where it was a little chilly but most have been just about right.As Denise said there is plenty of room for cars and a lot to see within walking distance.Plus it's only about 25 miles from me.
    Have some great items to turn into trophies this year also.

2. AHotRod

AHotRod

Wow.
    Geeeeeeeeee, we are just plane HAPPY here in Florida :)

And, we are excited to be moving to a new Show-Location too !

The Southeast is honored to have a Billetproof Show, and we love it!

I would'nt care if we move it every year, just as long as we can have it.

We are HAPPY ! ....(or did I say that already)

:)

3. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

billetproof antioch 2010- churro cart

4. Choptop

Choptop

dude... you totally get the churro concession.

I want hot churros with extra cinnamon.

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Waaaaaa waaaaa, we want a curro cart here in detroit too! Not fair! All we having is fishing from our cars....we want curros....with extra cinnamon!

6. Choptop

Choptop

careful what you ask for... You shall have churros. :D

7. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

Obviously not from Michigan eh...
    Can be to frickin cold.
    Wet.
    Just plain soggy ground.
    Goodguy's tried a show n May up here for about three years and threw in the towel.

Many won't have their cars out yet............Me included.
    Sorry... Rant rant rant. \

My 2 cents....
    Run the Texas show in May and Michigan in June.:mad:

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

WOW, I really think your late schedule is an exception. Around these parts the first weekend of May has two of the larger shows in the area. The one where the above photos are from and one on the east side at Freedom Park on Metro Parkway. Both events draw hundreds of classic cars. For most, the first weekend in May is the kickoff for events including cruz nights and such in the Metro Detroit Area.

9. It's 30 miles closer to other people... Same with the FL show...

PBsFL are happy.

10. draggin54

draggin54
    from det. mi.

Ok, its the same drive pretty much for me but since the day i could walk ive been going to car shows kustom shows swap meets in the back of my Dads 37 flat back sedan and every show i went to was about the cars and the people at that show not what kind of sight seeing i could, the sight seeing was those 2 things.

11. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

Goodguy's tried a show n May up here for about three years and threw in the towel.
    I think it had more to do with the venue (Meadowbrook) and the cost of everything there. I remember being shocked at one coffee and one donut totaling $5 from one of the consession stands. I also remeber lots of folks leaving the event for lunch off the property then coming back.

Don't forget GGs went to Berrien Springs, MI for a year or two before moving to North of Chicago..
    We can alway hope for good weather but nasty can be miserable..

12. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

13. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

30 miles north - 30miles south makes no difference to me:D

See yah all there:eek:

14. woodandbike

woodandbike

Definatley will be at both of the Florida events. They are the best things to happen to Florida since..........Well,Ponce De Leon didn't find the fountain of youth,so Billetproof is the best "ever" thing to happen to Florida.

15. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

so Alan........I guess once you get people like Ghastly saying you are too big or like Good Guys..........

you are now a success?

ha

it is too funny what people say.......

Hunnert is a perfect example - I will not tell the guy who said this......

but I saw him 3 days after the show....

i say " So - how was the Hunnert for ya this year"

he says........".........I dont know man...........just wasnt as cool as in the past........."

me - "oh yeah? why?"

him - "I dont know - just not as cool"

hmmmmm

ok so "cool" factor means what?

some unidentifiable quantification I am sure.

I think he was upset cause it is so popular now - even though he never went to Marty & Sons - he fondly remembers the days of long ago

bottom line - this entire movement is not going away - it is not a fad - it is something a lot like what happened in the street rod movement a generation ago.

For the people that have always thought it was "cool" to be an outsider, and now seeing more and more people getting involved.....well - go out there and get ya a mini truck or perhaps a 70s Van - that is a minority that will stay small for a little while......

as for shows like Billetproof - those will always maintain or get bigger - just a fact of life

Congrats on your success Alan - it is well deserved - I know how hard you are working it

16. Choptop

Choptop

thats amazing... how can putting on a show two weeks after another one make anything "stronger"? If anything there is an opportunity to have a show at the end of the summer in MI that would be a hit. That would make the whole scene stronger, have two traditional hot rod shows in the area where there used to be only one. No competition, in fact the shows could support each other. Savvy show producers recognize this and work together. If yer all in the same boat when the tide comes in, everyone goes up, if someone is stuck in the mud, they drown.

Just silly really. There was no animosity between Boomer and I, and we are the ones involved in the show. So why the division? Why the "support OUR show" division?

to face animosity from those not involved... over nothing is really silly.

what do you mean by "Corporate followers get left behind"? You realize that I am the evil corporate empire behind Billetproof right? Thats it... its just me.. one person. Traveling the country and putting on hot rod shows, trying to make sure everyone has a good time and make some sort of a living doing it. I certainly aint doing it to get rich, mostly because I have a passion for hot rods and like meeting the people from all over.

if you'd like to call me and discuss this please call me 916-207-4645

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  17. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Isn't it amazing that whatever you do there is a segment that REFUSES TO BE HAPPY OR SATISFIED. I'm guessing that if entrance was free and you gave everyone one a $50 bill at the gate there would be those that would say you were cheap for not making it a $100. Living in Michigan and the long cold winter that your subjected to every year is reason enough to be thrilled to have anything car related to attend that's closer than 100-200 miles away.
    I just bought a 1952 J,C. Higgens balloon tired bike to take to car shows to make getting around a little easier. If my car/cars are not ready by spring I just might pedal it down to Billetproof. That's how much I'm comitted to attending this show. Any of you whiners see me along the side of the road, don't stop, I will just be giving these 65 year old muscles a rest. Thanks Alan for trying to continually improve an already good thing. There are a lot of us that appreciate the effort.

Frank

18. carmanss

carmanss
    from Austin

I loved Billetproof TX. This year was my first. Although the 2010 date conflicts with Goodguys Colorado....I'll try and make both!! That would be an AWESOME weekend!!!

19. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

hear hear frank!

20. pecker head

pecker head

Im in for the GIDDINGS TEXAS event ! Next year please post a no WHINNERS sign at the gate ! Last years event ROCKED !

21. Choptop

Choptop

ok...

why the divisiveness?

22. scarylarry

scarylarry

I've started typing posts like this one then realize it's really not worth the effort and backed out of it. Do what you do as best as you can and dont be bothered with the haters...they will always be there no matter how good you do things. I wish I was the King of shows like yours all around the country...keep at it.

23. Choptop

Choptop

Thanks Larry, and sorry about scheduling on the same date, even though our shows are far apart.... I still try not to go near in time of place to another show... and in particular I try not to go at the same time as another when I know some will travel long distances to attend one or the other. Wont happen again next year. PM me yer phone #, lets chat.

I hope I'm taking this all wrong... I've havent even had a chance to talk to the Detroit PoorBoys and let them know that I hoped they would continue their involvement with Billetproof... but it just seems as though there is an "up yours" vibe to flatheadpetes posts.. and to the even that is being planned with their name attached to it.

maybe its just me... if so... my apologies...

but from the tone of the posts and the PM's sent from flatheadpete I get the feeling I'm not wrong. Thats just sad.

24. Alan,
    The "show" is for us BUT it is still your show. Do what you need to and where and when. Those who come will be treated to a great time those who don't miss out. Life goes on!

I for one am already looking forward to the change in location. As Denise said the Park is great for a show......

Tim

25. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Hey I call biased............ will your engine even be hot when you get there?:D:D:D:D

26. Only if I let it idle for a while;);)

27. Swifster

Swifster

First, I'm happy about the date shift here in FL. I know it will be back in March in 2011 and decisions will have to be made, but I'll be there in 2010 even if their is another hour on my drive (seriously people bitching about an extra hour???). I'm involved in numerous car stuff including marshalling road race events. I was at Sebring this year and missed the Florida show.

Also, having moved here from the Detroit 'burbs, I know Ypsi will be one giant step up from the gravel pit in Davison. While the potential for bad weather is greater because of the date, the location should more than make up for it. I wish I could be there for it.

28. Go T

Go T

Right on brother, your dad's story tells it all! The Nightmares have been a large part of the Davisburg show since the very start. Thanks for your past help and we depend on your future support.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  29. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

If the other shows get Churros, the NW group should also...

30. Billetproof NW is a great time, lots of great cars and even better people. I would like to thank CHOPTOP and those who put on and run the show. If for some reason you dont like the show dont go, life is made up of dissisions. We should be thrilled we have the freedome to enjoy our hobby and can go ware we want. So decide and stop the winning and offer to help. He might just need it.