Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jalopyrama Show roadster 180 on rt 50

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JACK30, Nov 4, 2009.

1. JACK30

JACK30
    from PA.

had a great time at a great show a lot of nice period hot rods, my buddy and i left the show the roads were wet, im driving my 30 roadster and shifted into 3rd started to break loose i shifted into 4th and started to spin to the left i streightened it out looked in my mirror and their goes phill in his 29 roadster spinning in circles down the road on rt. 50 into the grass he went almost stoping in the same direction we were going :eek:, phill pulled out and down the road we went , i think i laughed all the way to the bay bridge :D , we pulled in to get gas before the bridge and phill was smiling ear to ear :), he said i thought i was going to hit the sign, this happened just in front of the show on rt. 50, well the rest of the trip back to pa. was non event full except for the rain, see you all next year jack

2. I turned to look when I heard tires squeal....That was one looooooooong 360 :eek:

What did it hit on the pucker-factor? About a 9.5?

3. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Video or it didn't happen :D

4. Koz

Koz

I'm standing here with Filthy Phil of Aces and Eights fame recanting the exhibition run outside the Armory. He tells me it's always fun but no pucker factor, no adrenaline rush. Just another day in the park! Next year he plans on doing three three sixtys. Bring your video camera.

5. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

another day in the park..ha

6. :eek:You crazy guys!!!!!!!!

7. I also witnessed it. I crapped my pants while watching.

8. J. Fitzhugh

J. Fitzhugh

One of the photo galleries here has a shot of the car breaking loose and then sitting backwards on the ramp. I just thought you guys were helping create the great scene that Jeff Norwell painted for the poster with a roadster spinning out of control.

Glad you made it home safe.

Jay (Rusty Nut 1 9/32)

9. JACK30

JACK30
    from PA.

here is two shots in the back ground one side ways and one going down the road after the 360 i sent them to phill

Attached Files:

10. Yeah, those are my pics, we were hanging out by that badass El Camino with the laced roof, heard about 50 guys so "Oh Shit!" at the same time, so I spun around and just held the shutter down. Good thing you guys had empty road behind you.

11. JACK30

JACK30
    from PA.

WOW! great shot , i cant believe you cought this on film, when i look in my mirror i thought oh no :eek:, when i saw he stopped without hitting anything i almost wet my pants from laughing :D, phill an i hot rod all over the east coast, phill even drove down to daytona last year , we have over 20,000 miles on our roadsters in two summers we drive these cars everywhere and do everything from englishtown drag racing, on dirt ovel tracks even arround pocono race way ,and never on a trailer!! that the first close call i guess we were due, the 241 hemi and 401 nailhead just keep on going and never let us down , well we been talking and laughing about this all week i think phill enjoyed it hes ready for a another 360 , again great shot thanks jack see ya next year

Attached Files: