Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Billetproof 2010 Schedule (some date/location changes)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choptop, Nov 5, 2009.

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

and RM Auction has a showroom within walking distance as well.

3. troylee

troylee

Why didn't you say Hookers and drag racing. I there for sure.

4. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Glad to see the NW drags will be in Aug, but that is a hard month with Bonneville and GG Pleasanton which alot of people attend.. maybe the end of July or early Aug..

I missed last years but want to attend this years

5. neverliftmotorsports

neverliftmotorsports

I dont think there are many people on this site that would rather go to goodguys than a billetproof show. IMO

6. hodgiemoto

hodgiemoto
    from detriot mi

great so now im gonna get drunk and fall in the water!! and be cold. but cool yipsi is a fun town.

7. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

MAY
    1 TORQUE FEST
    MAY 9 - MOTHERS DAY
    May 8 Hunnert Heads Up
    May 15-16 Jalopy Showdown
    May 21-22 Rust Revival
    last weekend - Beatersville Louisville KY

I am pretty sure that Larry has the Showdown on 15/16

If this is not correct - let us know!!!!

8. We will make sure to pack you a life jacket or maybe mandatory floaties for you. See Ya

9. Hmmm, I could be wrong and simply miss reading something here. Ya think Denise is pissed?

10. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

Greed at it's best. Come on really? Shades of good guys. This is a joke.

11. CGkidd

CGkidd

As soon as I get my new HAMB calendar the date will be set in it for NW show. As far as the complaining about 30 extra miles to drive for a show like this get over it drive the extra 30 miles and have a blast at the show.

12. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

It's not the miles....Boomer is awesome and I hate to see him getting phased out. I could give two shits less about shopping, bars, whatever....I go to shows for cars and friends. I doubt I'll go . But, ya never know.

13. I did post the question about the Poorboys and Peckerheads being part of the show, but I didn't see any answer. I would hate to see the driving forces behind the original Billetproof shows in Detroit get phased out.

14. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

The park where Michigan Billetproof is going to be held is awesome. Denise and I often go down to Sidetracks for dinner when I'm in town.

I hated the old venue. I'm happy for the move to Depot Town but sad it is the same weekend as the Showdown. NOTHING beats the Showdown. But as an event planner and promoter myself I know first hand how hard it is to #1) find and book a venue that will allow (even welcome!) cars and #2) not step on someone else's toes in terms of dates.

15. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

16. Go T

Go T

The Poorboys & Peckerheads are still doing the Davisburg show. We still believe that this is the least important car show. If you liked it before, wait until you see it next year!!! As always the first Saturday in June. Stay tuned for the whole story!!!!

17. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Well I'm stoked! I went to EMU so Depot town is my ol stompin grounds, spent many a day around there. I never really liked the parking lot at davisburg. This will be a very cool place to have the show. Ahh it's been a while since I've been to Theo's too bad the Nickel is closed, I still have my preferred drinker card!
    Can't wait!

18. Come on spill the beans on this one. I really believe this area could use more than 1 show for our crowd. I always look forward to Billetproof, but than fell bummed it's over. I look at it as a fun day to hang out and catch up with people I havent seen in awhile. Please do:Dnt call it Boomerfest

19. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

I hope we do have a show.

20. Go T

Go T

As always, we're open to all input. I doubt if the new name will start with a "B". All past input concerning the show was positive. It's to our surprise that we needed a river and college town to support the show. Thanks to all for your past support and hope to see you next year in Davisburg!!! Stay tuned for the rest of the story, I'm a mechanic not a typist!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

No, but it did need SOMETHING, as in something for folks to do before the event and after the event. Something to attract folks in from out of state. Lets face it basicly no one came from out of state, and if they did once they didn't come back. Why no BSM guys? Why no Chrome Czars? Why no Blacktop Bandits? Why no IL/IN Boarder Boys? Why none of the cool guys from Dayton or Cleveland areas? Why no Indy fellas? Why no PA, NY, KY folks?

At the Davisburg location folks started leaving the event at 3pm never to be seen again. The area is BORING, face it. At least this new location is ALIVE and happening. Why do people come from all over the country to attend the HCPU in OCT? Cuz it a cool DESTINATION event, means you come for the whole weekend cuz there's lots of fun car related stuff to do. This is the shot in the arm Billetproof needed. Boo hoo hoo if folks from the northern suburbs have to drive alittle further, folks from the southern suburbs have been driving north to get to the show for years.

22. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

When did hotrodladycruiser become the voice of billet proof? I need a little more info about how all this came about.

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm just giving my OPINION on the cool new location. I don't care for the date but I fully support the location. A location that fully supports car events and has for many, many years.

24. Choptop

Choptop

WTF? Really? What EXACTLY do you mean?

if you have an issue with me or the shows... give me a call 916-207-4645.

I mean what is so "Good Guys" about it?

The fact that many people in different parts of the country enjoy a traditional hot rod show?

or is that there is new nice location for the show? I didnt know that was a "good guys" trait.

You understand that Billetproof shows have moved locations before right? california has been in 4-5 locations. This is nothing more than that, a move to a larger, better, nicer location. Nothing to get upset about. No "greed" involved in it.

25. Choptop

Choptop

Please do say.

When last I spoke to Boomer he was coming to the show in Ypsi.

Everyone is welcome to put on whatever kind of car show they want. Hell, I'll even help promote your show at Billetproof if you like. You are welcome to hand out fliers, even have a booth if you want.

26. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Holy Drama Batman! Like Choptop's sig says RELAX! I think it's pretty cool that both shows will be happening. Good on ya to keep the June show. I just think the new location will really start making billetproof a better show that more people will want to attend.
    I hope it gets bigger, all we have are little gatherings right now in Michigan (except for the parking lots in August). I'd love to have a show here that has the draw of the Jalopy showdown, or Lone Star roundup, or Hunnert, I see all the pictures of all the other shows going on around the country and think DAMN why can't we have that here?!!?
    Go back and look at the coverage for other shows then look at the coverage for MI billetproof, sure there were a lot of nice cars, really nice ones, but the other shows always seem to have more. Maybe it's the multiple days, maybe it's the locations. It sure would be nice to have a show that some guy in Texas says damn I need to go to that one!
    I know that after going to Hunnert several times that right now there isn't a comparsion to the experience. That is what we need here.
    And hey if I can help in anyway I will.

27. Choptop

Choptop

Didnt see the question.

Frankly I havent had time to contact the Poor Boys in Detroit. I'm just back from the Florida drag races and just nailed down the details for the new location. Before I've had a chance to talk to them this whole brew-ha-ha came up. i now have calls into the PoorBoy brethren to get Roger or Tim's phone # to talk to them about it.

If any members of the Peckerheads or PoorBoys would like to call me I can be reached at 916-207-4645

When I spoke to Boomer about the situation he understood it all completely. Perhaps anyone upset about it all should call me or him to get how WE feel about it, since we are the ones involved.

Boomer has been the man on the ground for the Detroit show, getting the porta-potties rented, setting up the fairgrounds, handling the vendors and allll the things that go into making a Billetproof show for 6 years now. He and the Peckerheads and the PoorBoys have done a GREAT job doing that. No question. I dont have an issue with that, nor does Boomer. Again, the last time I spoke to Boomer he understood the situation and while he enjoyed doing the work to put on the show wasnt upset at me over moving the show, just disappointed that he wouldnt be doing the work.

All that is happening now is that instead of Boomer renting the fairgrounds, I am renting a park.

Thats it.

The new location is bigger, better, nicer. The show can have a nice pre-party on the closed off streets of Depot Town on Friday. There are hotels within a mile of the location. There is shade, power, water, a river, a covered stage, decking over the water, you can fish from your cars front seat, plenty of parking, automotive museums within walking distance of the venue, bars and restaurants within walking distance of the venue. Its perfect for a hot rod show.

Its nothing more than that.

28. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

Oh you can fish from the front seat of your cars. Well that changes everything.

29. You bringing waders?

30. Choptop

Choptop

it never ceases to amaze me the random stuff people assign to things I do. I guess its just an indication of how passionate people are about Billletproof, which is a good thing... but damn....

The show is moving to a new, better location = ITS ALL ABOUT GREED AND ITS JUST LIKE THE GOOD GUYS MAAAAAAAAAN!!!!

really?

It HAS to be that... it cant be that the show was in a dirt and gravel lot at a location miles from anything and had grown to fill the location...and now will be in a PARK with a river running through it that is beautiful when empty and even better filled with hot rods where there is shade, grass, with bars and restaurants withing 100 yards of where you park, plenty of room for over 700 cars and a city that is willing to close off streets to allow you to park your cars in front of the bars and restaurants the night before the show so you can have a good time... on and on...

no I'm sure its all about greed.... :rolleyes:

amazing.