Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Hey people from Kenosha, WI, have you heard of a speed shop called Power Automotive?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by INLAW MODEL A, Sep 12, 2008.

1. I have a Fiat Topolino that was owned and raced and sold by a speed shop called Power Automotive and or Speed City in Kenosha, WI around the mid to late 1960's. I would appreciate any info anyone has on this shop. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  2. Contact HAMBer OG001 as he may have knowledge on that subject.

Max

3. Thanks for the heads up, I sent him a pm.

4. Anyone? They had a storefront, and drag raced.

5. DOugG

DOugG
    from mich

Go to geezer gassers site, "Firesuite Phil" is from there and I'm sure he would know. If ya contact chuck lipicka I'm sure he'll get ya in touch with Phil,he's been into racing his whole life.

6. Well thanks to some good leads I have found that my Fiat was owned by a guy named Jerry Adams or Anderson from Kenosha. He was the owner of Power Automotive and possibly a shop in the same location around 1971 called Speed City. It was possibly on the corner of 52nd and 20th street in a brick building with a shop in the back, and a storefront. The guy that did some body work on the car was Roger Jackson aka the mole. The car was in the Milwaukee Journal in a for sale add in the summer of 1968 and that is how it was purchased. I spoke with the Milwaukee library and they have copies of the Journal on tape reels, so I am going to get them via my local library to search for the add. If any one has heard of any of this and can confirm it, please let me know.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  7. 1 year bump, still looking for info on Speed City in Kenosha WI and Waukegan IL The owner was Mike Dale?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  8. Here is a sign from Great Lakes Dragaway

Attached Files:

9. krooser

krooser

Can't hep ya... wish I could.

10. Gerg

Gerg

I love this car bump for you

11. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

yep... vagabonds fav from symco bro... for those who aint seen it, its the real deal

12. I'll ask my dad.I grew up two miles from the strip and my dad had a shop. He used to have alot of machine work done. I'm sure he probably knows about the guy.Hey, wasn't that Fiat the car making all the noise up at Symco around 2am :)

13. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

i live in waukegan. ill check around at some old dive shops and see if i find anything.

14. How about a couple photos of your Fiat!

15. Hey, what's the story behind that picture! That truck looks like it is about to wipe out.

16. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

it's on one wheel

17. That's funny. If it was me, my sleeping wife would have kicked my ass! I was too busy drinking coors and pbr to be driving. Any way, that thing is push start and you would have known if it had been running. I probably would have blown the rear end on the road again that night. You see, me and the Fiat both run on alcohol:D

18. Hi Rich, you have already seen it a million times. But here it is again gettin' a little air at the Hunnert Car Heads Up:
    [​IMG]

19. UUUPS...didn't put 2+2 together since you changed your avatar.

20. ryno

ryno

did you ask bobk yet?

21. If I remember right, it was some worn out old flathead with a blower on it.......