Register now to get rid of these ads!

shop help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by redhumphries, Nov 4, 2009.

1. redhumphries

redhumphries

I know shop owners have a hard time getting help but look what came by alittle over a year ago. This is Cassie Allen she is a collage student that loves old cars and has a passion for them. I am teaching her metal shaping, wiring,chassis work, welding, and painting or just about all you need to know. She is great pays attention to what she is doing and one day she will have her own place either mine or her own. enjoy thephotos.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Man that is awsome! It is so nice to have the younger generation with some drive and initiative!! Keep teaching her as long as she wants to learn!!!

Grant www.schwartzwelding.com

3. redhumphries

redhumphries

If I could get the pictures bigger I would I am very proud of her and what she does but I am not that good with a computer. Cassie is on the hamb but hasn't done an intro yet maybe this thread could be hers.

4. Da' Bomb

Da' Bomb

Safety glassess????????????????Teach her right

5. vintage tin werks

vintage tin werks
    from Md

At least there is somebody worth looking at in that shop now. I won't be scared when I stop by now.

6. oldschool59

oldschool59

Redhumphries

Thanks for passing on the torch,not enough young ones commin along and not enough oldsters willin to teach.I have been searching for a decent apprentice for a long while,I am starting to slow a bit and would love the help.

Welcome to Cassie,this is a wonderfull way to earn a living,mechanics,body folks,sheet metal guys(gals) all share the comraderie of the automobile!

Regards
    Mike

7. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

email yur pix to me, i'll size em an put em up for ya

8. newfalconowner

newfalconowner
    from NS Canada

awesome,,

wish someone would spend the time with me to teach me properly.. I do it myself but Im "self taught".I think im doing good but jsut learning metal shaping now so hopefully soon can do some cool stuff.When my car is done, least i can say it was all me :).

9. jhnarial

jhnarial
    from MISSOURI

And gloves

Have Cassie join allmetalshaping.com and we will try and help her in anyway we can.

Looks like you have a pretty good handle on it though.That is a great looking patch!

I see Cassie was using a shrinking disk,here is couple of tips on shrinking disks.Scuff the disk with some 80 grit sand paper periodically,Run a bar of soap on the shrinking disk to help prevent galling on the metal.Work in small areas,you only need to run the disk long enough to generate steam.Check your work as you go with your hand .

10. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

thats great...she looks like she really likes learning. And being easy on the eyes aint a bad thing either.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  11. 343w

343w

Put your glasses on old timer, some folks would complain if you hung them with a new rope! Great job teaching the youngins the greatest American sport,pass it forward.

12. OldBuzzard

OldBuzzard

Hard to see from the pix, but it looks like she has long hair. If she wants to keep it, have her tie it back when she gets near rotating machinery. OldBuzzard , also an Old Shop Teacher

13. Big Block Bill

Big Block Bill

Hey Red..... Big Block Bill.....B&R Custom Lettering here in NY. How are you doing. Nice of you to give Cassie the well deserved credit. Tough to find help like that today. Just wanted to say hi...I did call you and left message a while back. I hope all is well.....talk to you soon....Bill

14. troylee

troylee

I had to go through a few shop boys, till I found the one I have now. I still break his balls but not as often anymore. Good kid for 19 years old. I feel lucky most of the little losers didnt make it a whole day. He is going on 3 months. I hope He and your kid sticks with it. I am going to need someone to work on My old iron when Im to fat and old to do it.

15. MarkzRodz

MarkzRodz
    BANNED

American young men have been destroyed,,mostly by meth. It makes them worthless, can't learn and want to run the whole shop the first day. I hired some when building my house,, 2 of them were hallucinating the first day. The others couldn't function and understand steps. One had to drink at least a beer an hour to stay focused.
    Here if you need good help,,hire an Illegal. Thats what I did.

16. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

I'll attest....she's the real deal. The girl is no b.s. in the shop. Eager to learn, not afraid to jump in, fun to hang out with and easy on the eyes. Where was she when I was that age????????????

17. Good for you. I hope she appreciates the opportunity, and really grows from it.

18. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Here is proof she works on her own car......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Anderhart Speed

Anderhart Speed

Thats awesome. I'm also a youngen, 24 years old. Went to college for high performance, one of my good friends was Cassie Simonton. Shes driven a top alcohol funny car now for Kon Rods racing, IHRA. Worked her way up from a crew member. This cassie actually looks a lot like her. There are a bunch of us out there, and most of us are very thirsty for what you old guys know. If you teach us, we will build....haha. Thanks for the post!

20. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Next up, I'm going teach her to pinstripe.

21. mosthumanmofo

mosthumanmofo

22. dave lewis

dave lewis
    from Nampa ID

Cassie is on facebook...
    Lots of pics there ( along with most of her young life ) !!
    Dave

23. LITTLE CAR

LITTLE CAR

You Rock!!...giving her a hand like that!!!!...& Atta Girl, Way too go!!...She looks very Beautiful & hard working also!!...I think You both got lucky!!

24. CassieAllen

CassieAllen

Awww thank you so much Russ! Everyone's support means so much to me. :) Next time you come to the shop bring your stuff I wanna take a shot at some car tattoos.

25. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Then I can turn you out and make some $$$$$ off you............educators cut........

Hell, you can do everything else, might as well go for the whole package.