Register now to get rid of these ads!

Neighbors

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cruzincougar, Nov 1, 2009.

1. If the cops came and arrested my dumbass neighbors I'd think I was lucky!! :D

2. I dont really have any good neighbors. they just complain when I make any sort of noise in the garage! Oh well!

3. MarkzRodz

MarkzRodz
    BANNED

Same here Suede55bowtie,,,,
    Except no college kids or good neighbors. If your car breaks down while test driving it, then there goes the glass, paint and maybe slashed tires.
    I recently caught my renter making meth,,now I've just paid my lawyer $500.oo to get the eviction started. Theres no cool car guys within 30 miles of me.

In retrospect reading the other posts,,it makes you realize,,
    People in America are being divided by their interests and slowly separated and end up disliking or turning on each other. It's not like the old days thats for sure.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  4. I have great neighbors, they don't bother me about the old truck parked in full view in the back yard. I'm on a corner lot and it is hard to hide stuff. I hope to add on to the garage so I can keep the '57 out of the weather and have space to work on the truck indoors.

One lady is 90+ and has been in her house since she and her husband bought it brand new back in the '40's. Her daughter lives across from her and the husband has a '67 Fairlane. Nice guy but doesn't know much about cars. The other guy next to me lets me keep the key to his garage, if he has something I need it's mine. Actually gave me the Binks gun I used paint the '57 + a bunch of other stuff. The guy behind me just moved out, good carpender and also helps me out on home repair projects, I miss him. Still another guy and his wife have two young children. The boy comes by on his battery powered motorcycle and checks out what I'm doing from time to time. Great kid.

For the most part we all look out for each other, me and the wife have been living in the same spot for almost 20 years. I think we are the "new" people in the neighborhood.

5. Vorhese

Vorhese

My neighborhood is mostly old people. Across and to the right are an old couple who never leave their houses and pretty much leave me alone. To my left is an asian family with a loud dog and unkempt yard. Diagonally is an elderly widower who I've talked to a few times. Apparently her late husband used to to show his 49 and 50 Mercuries. She tells me every time she sees me working it reminds her of her husband (and starts crying). She gave me a ton of old Flathead magazines from the 70s. Apparently I'm loved in the neighborhood because I'm always outside, my yard is clean, and I'm friendly. I've never had a problem working on my Desoto. A new couple just moved in a few doors down the street. The husband reminds me of Farva from Super Troopers (liter cola!). The neighborhood is littered with car guys so I'm in good company here.

Everyone leaves me alone for the most part but every Saturday I get a visit from a bunch of real nice Jehovah's Witnesses who love my car and have to talk for an hour.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  6. To have good neighbors you have to be one,I try to keep the doors closed when I'm grinding or making a lot of noise,,and respect them by not creating a lot of racket early in the mornings and late evenings.

The Bonehead that gave me a hard time about my yard art moved and the rest of the neighbors think is cool,,,

They don't bother me unless the need something fixed,welded or sandblasted,,or to pump up a tire,,or jump a dead battery.

And none of them are gearheads. HRP

7. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

i could only wish for this to happen to one of my neighbors, and while they are at it take the bitch too..shes mostly the problem anyhow:eek:

I think her husband stays drunk because of his wifes shitty ways

but dealing with both of them sometimes is too much

other than that, I have other great neighbors that will help me if they are around

8. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

My neighbors don't help me but they are awesome.

9. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

We moved to a small town (pop 3500) two years ago. We have a big corner lot on a major highway right in the middle of town. So far all our neighbours have been great! Nobody complains and most people tend to mind their own business. I keep the yard looking clean and tidy, which helps. The people who lived in the house before us never did any yard work so everything got overgrown and ugly. The first thing we did was clean up the outside, trim the hedges and trees, and make everything look nice again. Got lots of compliments from people walking past! The only downside is there are no gearheads on my street.

10. Blue Coupe

Blue Coupe

Neighbors, I have no neighbors. Well the guy up the road that likes to get drunk and shoot his guns. You get that, living in the sticks. We do have electricity and indoor plumbing. Good thing I got dogs. Sure wish they had apossing thumbs!

11. I pity folks with bad neighbors. My neighbor to the west is my age. He's a master carpenter AND into old junk. (cars & trucks) My neighbor to the east is a gunsmith with a FFL and he's a taxidermist. My neighbor to the north is a tiny old lady who makes FANTASTIC chocolate chip cookies. :D
    The south? Weelllll...... the wife and I hope to buy the property and accidentally drive a dozer through the building.

12. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

fiddysix..thats exactly what i want to do to the house to the south of me!..i am waiting patently for them to move first tho.

13. RodStRace

RodStRace

2 acre lot in a small town. Never met the neighbor to the North, it's vacant.
    Neighbors to the south keeps to themselves. Behind to the East, the guy is cool, I've ridden with him and gone to a gun show. Across the street west to the north is a vacant lot, and to the south, another gearhead body/paint guy who has a Road Runner, a 27 Dodge sedan project and a 60 Olds project. Life is good!
    I've met a HAMBer who lives a couple miles away, and another forum member about 3 miles away. Most everyone waves here, and keeps an eye on stuff.

The last place had meth scum 12 feet from our bedroom window, I'm glad that's over!

14. ty1295

ty1295
    from Indiana

Growing up my mom/dad lived on 1 acre land. All houses were. Next to us was car guys, across from us another car guy, next to him not car people but friends, next to them was x wife of car guy, next to him car guy somewhat but mostly a cabinet/wood working guy. and the house next to us was a truck driver friend. We ended up buying that house.

~13yrs ago my mom dad divorced, dad moved next door to my mom.

3 other houses changed hands but of the 7 houses, 6 have shops in back.

Currently my moms house has 11 car bays, dads house is 26 bays now. 4 out of 7 people are car related, just heard one house is for sale. Wish I could move back home across the street.

I now live 2500 miles from them, my neighbors leave me alone, no real car people around me. 1 neighbor complained about our cat going in their yard, but have not had cat in 5 years.

Girlfriends house is another story. Got a nasty letter for assoc. when my trailer was there for less than 48hrs. She is moving in spring and looking for lots of land, i may move with her.

15. 66Coronet440

66Coronet440

My neighbors keep to themselves. There are a lot of gearheads around the area with rods, muscle cars, etc.

16. Freeland

Freeland

i would say 75% of the time i have lived here has been spent in iraq so the people i did know have moved out and i have pretty much a whole new set in the cul de sac... to my right is a late twenty early thirty something single spanish gal seems alright and into mowing her lawn to burn calories... the two to her right we just give head nods back and forth and once heard a "cool truck" out one of them... to my left they just moved in a few weeks ago but seems to be a single mom with teenage kids that seem too into the Fast & Furious... I did get waved down to look at a guys truck in the same vicinity and pulling in the the neighborhood the other day a hot rod came rolling out too fast to see what was going on but its nice to know there are a few others within subdivision that understand save for the damn HOA that insists it has never seen my truck move and is in disrepair and needs to be hid... though i drive it EVERY day...

17. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

I've been in my house for 35 years and for most of that time I have gotten along with the neighbors. I do minor work on some cars and shovel the walks for two widows across the street. I am the younger retired guy in an old guy area, get distracted by the stories of grandkids & how it used to be. However, the rented house across the street brought down over 10 cop cars, the swat team an ambulance & a fire truck around 2:00 am on halloween. The gunfire must have gotten someones attention. Could it be time to move? I'd like to find an acre or more with a large shop.

18. i am super lucky my neighbors love me, i am the go to guy for mechanical problems on cars,lawn equipt, ect,i can fire up my race car and not worry,
    had a problem with the trans brake,pulled the car into the street and did a couple of 6200 rpm launches -no complaints -they seem to take it in stride

19. budhaboy

budhaboy

I just bought the house I grew up in from my Folks, corner lot, Lady behind us tends to the rose buses in my yard, in exchange for some of the roses from time to time, next door neighbors arent actually gear heads, but they do have a pair of 57 chebbies(210 and Bel Air) that havent moved since they first got them back when I was 10(I'm 39 now) - they keep telling me they "might" sell them to me....till then they sit outside an rot. Most of the people across the street I dont know - mostly hispanic families that keep quietly to themselves, doing extensive landscaping to their places, for the betterment, older couple up a few houses upand across, Nice lady, Husband was an racer back in the early NASCAR days, their kids are grown an gone, but they were a big influence on me an cars...one other gear head lives diagonally across the other way, claims he still has his blown El Camino(first time I ever saw or heard a blown big block) but he's more into chillin at his beach house nowadays...the rest I dont know, but the neighbors say they all remember who I am, and keep their distance(as a teen I had a run in with a bunch of gangbanger types, and well, seeing as how Dad has a FFL, I had much more firepower than they did.)
    All in all, its a quiet neighborhood, I dont work on the cars or anything else to early, or too late, I dont want no hassle, I just wanna live an enjoy my life.

20. I can't complain about my neighbors. We live in a late 50's rancher, older couples on either side of us. I shovel the walks, driveways, haul off landscaping, take their garbage to the curb, etc. I mostly do it to set an example for our 12 year old son that we need to step up and pay our dues to the generations that came before us. Another older guy up the street is retired, likes old Harleys, has a few he is working on Knuckle, FL, Pan, he likes a particular brand of scotch and is always up for a ride to check out old tin scattered around the area. None of my neighbors has ever complained about the projects that show up on trailers from time to time in front of the house.. besides it gives the old guys something to come over and bs about.

21. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

Folks next door are real wierd, they restore buses.

22. Mac_55

Mac_55

my neighbors are all ears........ Litterally . Im surrounded by cornfields and timber , and My folks live to the south of me on the other end of the farm.

23. narley Ned

narley Ned

My neighbor on one side is a guy in his early 30's who is a pretty good mechanic. He grew up owning Hondas and has a Evolution 8 that flat out gets it. When he sees me working on my old truck he comes over and says here let me help. I'm pretty crippled up and I appeciate the help. He is getting interested in old stuff. He never new or had ever seen a flathead engine till I showed him mine. My neighbor on the other side doesn't speak english so they are no trouble.

24. Theopwk

Theopwk
    from Spokane WA

mine rule. I have a corner house,so the one behind me isnt a bother, the guy across the street is into HD's so hes always making noise, and the house next door has been for sale for a long time with no buyers, so I use that house as a second driveway, and use its dumpster and recylce can. Works out good.

25. Rich1028

Rich1028

I live on a 2 lane highway,so I don't know anyone on the other side.
    I have a business on my driveway side,and just a neighbor to the side,and one in back.
    there ok,I don't bother them,they don't bother me.
    I used to have a few cars in the yard,but I sold some off and built a garge for the rest.
    I don't start up loud cars after 9 pm,and don't start them to early.
    I do most of the work in the garage with the doors closed,so there is very little noise.

26. Stumpgrinder

Stumpgrinder

Funny this comes up about neighbors. Had a conversation with mine the other night. I told him I heard him running his '58 Ford pickup, and it was sounding sweet. He started telling me all about the problems he had getting the dual four barrels dialed in on the Y-block. We talked motors for about an hour. He's a cool guy with a lot of good stories.

27. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

Ha! My neighbors. How's this for starters. One is a old timer with a Bonneville hiboy. Cool as hell.
    The other down the street came up and helped me on the 60 the other day. I told him I was wrenching on it. He came up for a few minutes. I was putting headers on it. Turns out the headers didnt' work.
    He said. "going to get some beer I'll be right back. I flipped him a 20. He comes back with Beer, a better carb, valve covers, intake, and better headers that fit. Plus exhaust pipe.
    Then my other neighbor is moving in. I go over and help him. Low an behold this guy has winston cup car. Yeah a real 780 hp set up for road racing 99 Citco 2002 cup car.
    Yeah this neighborhood is getting better everyday.
    We need to get rid of one turd and one crazy person and this place would be perfect.

28. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

and of course they are all bugging about the 37 and the Tiger. Judging by the expertise all of them have we might have a rolling chassis in a few weekd for the 37.

29. I once had my garage 30ft behind my gates and could pull everything out without worries,now it's a garage in an alley,which seems to be the walking your dog spot instead of the GD school across the street.All I get is some nosey-body that owns a restored moris minor,and his BS opinions.... I make all the noise I want though,as working on the po-po's cars does have it's perks.

30. Trade you 3 busy bodies for your 1 time waster.