Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ain't this a b#@ch

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BBobb, Nov 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Might be depressing to somebody that don't value family time, or communicating with one's children, but kids would rather have their dad to talk to them, not hear whineing about losing a car.........................

With me, my kids and grandkids around me, thumbing through albums of pictures (of cars past), the garage space isn't empty................

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  2. Deadbird

Deadbird

That sucks. Hope it at least went to a good home. I know that doesn't help though.

3. Big Tony

Big Tony

Sorry to hear this, the truck is one of my favs...here's to a better economy.

4. BBobb

BBobb

Always great support here on the hamb...thanks guys,i was just venting

Has a matter of fact the fella i sold it to lives up in the Dallas area.While shooting the shit with him over the phone i mention The Pistons and paint show coming up and he said that me and my wife should drive the truck to the show and afterward meet him at DFW airport and he would pick up the tab to fly us back.......How cool is that.

5. edgeabilly

edgeabilly

Been there done that!! :D

6. belair

belair

Good advice, that. Sorry about your truck.

7. FlamedChevy

FlamedChevy

Sorry you must sell your pickup it's a great looking ride. I was laid off for 20 weeks this year. I know how it is in the real world. We scraped by. I sold some stuff too. Keep you head up better times are ahead.

8. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

To put a little bit of a positive spin to the stiuation...at least you had the truck to sell to help make ends meet and keep food on the table. Sucks to have to sell it, but at least it helps the situation.

9. BBobb

BBobb

amen

11. That sucks man, but family is always more important! Then when the time comes you can find something else to build and have the enjoyment of doing it all over again!

12. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Man that sucks! What a cool looking truck. I know how you feel.I sold my roadster to make a down payment on a house and I sold my 32 phantom pickup to pay for my boys college fund.I grit my teeth but after a couple years I slowly started building another rod as I could afford it.I am now on my 3 rd one . So don't give up hope .You can in time do it again.Think about it ,at least you had something to fall back on.

13. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

beautiful truck man.
    you know what though-you gotta do it sometimes.
    there will be more, don't worry.

14. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You are not alone. I am sliding towards bankruptcy as we speak, due to medical expenses, and the down economy keeping my income low, despite 60+ hour work weeks. I'd work somewhere else, but nobody's hiring. Downright scary times here.

15. RichG

RichG

You're alright Bbob, keep a good attitude man and things will come around, they always do. Letting off some steam is good, get it out of the way. Good on you for putting your family first:D

16. Yet, another reminder-our economy is in a sad state. If only our politicians weren't so far removed from the real world. It is, and has always been, the working class that created our great United States, we will again prevail.....our folks/grand parents can remind us of the Great Depreciation. Really sorry to hear the tale of your nice pick up.

17. I cannot understand how you've been here since '01 and you don't realize there's a no politics on the HAMB rule.

18. That's very cool. That is a nice truck. Maybe you could ask him for first chance/refusal if he decides to part with it in the future.

19. ugotpk

ugotpk

May the HAMB gods bless you 10 fold in the future! UGOTPK

20. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

21. oldschool59

oldschool59

Sorry to hear your plight.Remember it's only steel,blood counts for more.Your heart is in the right place man,when things straighten out you can build another,even better now you know how to do it.Good luck,karma will pay you back!

Regards
    Mike

22. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Sorry about the truck. You did the right thing. Family first. I just sold my F/C to pay some bills, had a little left so I'm gonna build a FED! :D Lippy

ps, I'll probably sell it too someday, but I'll run the pee out of it first! :p

23. R.Brown

R.Brown
    from houston

sorry to hear bbob, loved the truck. the next one will be even better :)

24. BBOB, You are not alone my friend. I've owned nearly 300 cars in the last 30 years and have had to sell because of financial hardships, raising three kids, med bills, school, business isssues, taxes, house payments..and on and on. It never ends. I learned to never get emotioanlly attached to any vehicle especially when the kids are hungry. Those cars were better than any bank account because I would say about 95% of them I made money on. I've learned that if you had that car once you can always find another. Life is more important than material posessions. Just my 3 cents.

Mikey
    "does bad things to myself"
    www.mikeyspinstriping.com
    www.michaelcarvan.com

25. 76ironhead

76ironhead

Sorry to here that. But I think that is going to be the trend we are going to here about on here.

26. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

27. the metalsurgeon

the metalsurgeon
    from Denver

all the best in the future...

28. texas hotrodder

texas hotrodder
    BANNED
    from Texas

Sorry to hear that man. Everything happens for a reason and later you will realize what good comes from the things that suck now.

29. No politics on the H.A.M.B.:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44274

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.