Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ain't this a b#@ch

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BBobb, Nov 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BBobb

BBobb

Ain't this a bitch.I work my ass of 6 to 7 days a week sometimes 16 hours a day has a Commercial Paint contractor.I have two hobbies that i love 1. raising my kids and building hot rods or the latter at least i think i am.Because of this screwed up economy i found it to be an absolute must to sell my 39 Ford pickup today for a fraction of what it was worth just to stay afloat.Please don't get me wrong,i have made many sacrifices in the past to see that my kids get an education and a roof over there head, but never one that meant giving up something with my blood sweat and tears.I think i will exhale now before the top of my frickin head blows off.Thanks for listening

[​IMG]

2. Dragons

Dragons
    BANNED
    from Topock,AZ

Sorry to hear that, but trust me, you are far from alone in that club :(

3. aaawww, bummer to see it go. damn fine ride.

4. MarkzRodz

MarkzRodz
    BANNED

All of what is happening is organized to strip away the wealth of you and me and especially the country basically back to nothing. The economy is only going to get worse,,what will happen when nothing left to sell?

5. 440roadrunner

440roadrunner
    from live?

We're all in this boat. You are not alone, special, or unique. If you "have your health" and can still work, and are flexible enough to change careers if necessary, consider yourself lucky.

In my case, "this" could not have come at a worse time. My Mom is now gone, and here estate is tied up in investments --which lost a tremendous amount--and realestate---likewise, and I'm right at the age where "I could use some." My health, she hain't improvin'. So the race is on---do the investments / realestate improve enough before I die that I can enjoy any of it? Will I ever afford a rod again?

We are all in this boat. Welcome to reality

6. freebird101

freebird101

sorry to hear that

7. BISHOP

BISHOP

Some people don't have any legs.

8. i am selling my 67 impala wagon also , t will be glad to see it go . but the cash needs to go into the bank i wish it could go for my 36 ford pickup . i feal your pain i am out of work also

9. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That sucks man- and it's one of my biggest fears in life... I know it's only a car... blah blah blah but damn. It's MY CAR! Especially when you're the one to breathe life into it again... that hurts.

10. Hyway Hauler

Hyway Hauler

Welcome to the club...I've been laid off since Feb. 9th of this year, my hot rod may be gone by wednesday... my house may be next...all my other toys are already gone,(lawn tractor, quade, snowmobile), I feel your pain, but at the same time, not really...

11. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

Sorry to see this happen... I have a project I built sitting next to my house becuse I need the money for bills more than a driveshaft and rims. Im glad I havent had to put it up forsale yet.

12. Sorry to hear that. I've been there and done that a few times, in fact doing it again. It hurts, take some good pictures. The upside is, if you're ambitious you'll have those things again, think of it as a minor setback.

13. HotRod33

HotRod33

What does this have to do with Bbobb busting his ass and still having to sell his truck to help out his kids....? I think it shows that he cares for what really counts his Family...... I have a son that is Autistic, non verbal and has epilepsy..... but I don't make any smart ass comment to put someone else down...........

14. Ghost28

Ghost28

I sold a hot rod 2 years ago just to keep my office furn installation business going. It allowed me to carry on. But business has slowed again. And I am fighting not to sell my new hot rod project. So I took an add out in C.L. with pictures of my projects. For customizing and fabricating, hot rods, and customs, and I got a few customers from it. And it is in my home shop (DOORS CLOSED) so I can keep the cost down to the customers. So when I am not working at my regular job, I can go out in the shop and keep making money.
    My hot rod is not getting done right now, but I get to keep it....John

PS Bbobb sorry you had to sell yours.

15. Since nobody here is offering solutions

www.daveramsey.com

Go listen to Dave and get your family ahead and quit playing the ratrace.

16. skullhat

skullhat

i feel for ya...............sorry you had to let it go.

i sold one of my favorite h/d's a few years back to settle a bullshit tax debt. swore id never do that again, but i recall the feeling of seeing it go...not good.

skull

17. sixfink

sixfink
    from Germany

things surely look bleak, but America wouldn't have become such a great country if everybody just bugged out on the first problem. For Chrissakes, you are men, not mice! On top of the food chain.

Hang in there, get over with it, do what must be done.

18. BISHOP

BISHOP

I wasn't trying to put anyone down, but lets face it, there are folks with serious problems. I don't want to sit and cry, and find others that want to cry with me, so we can all bitch and moan together. Look around at what we all have to be thankful for. I'm tired of the crying. Y'all are trying to kill my happy place.

19. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

sorry to hear that,
    that completely blows, at least you have your prioraties right.
    im one of the few keeping the lights burning in michigan..i sure hope i can make it to the other side of this economic struggle, and i can feel for those who have had to make some huge changes in their lives due to these times.
    The thing that really pisses me off is the many kids that are affected buy this..and in very very bad ways

20. Hey_Pauly

Hey_Pauly

Gorgeous truck. Sorry to hear about it, one day you will have another.

21. HotRod33

HotRod33

I would say my son's problems are serious and I don't sit and cry about them...... Looks to me like Bbobb has his priorities straight about what is important in life but is a liitle frustrated at what he has to do to pay the bills.... sorry that you apparently don't feel that way and we are ruining your happy place........

22. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

BBobb,
    I saw your wheels/tires for sale in the classifieds earlier today and at the great deal you offer,wondered at that time if things were cool for you?

The fact that you care for your kids means you'll be back on top again soon.
    Slackers don't bounce back quickly,achievers do!

Best wishes and hope things turn around for you soon!

23. the outlaw

the outlaw
    from SoCal

I lost over 200K in investment within the last 2yrs. I'm still holdin' on to my Chevy, but I've had to sell just about everything else. Just remember: there's money all up & down every major street in every town, push comes to shove? Hey, the kids gotta' eat, & the execs weren't worried about your family when they were pushin bullshit junk bonds & subprimes right? Now every descent working class American has to pull the dead weight of the elitists & their voting constituentcy... This is a bullshit situation, a skilled American worker unemployed for months, while a social parasite collects wellfare, & illeagal aliens flood emergency rooms causing a 15hr+ wait time for everyone else, lifers are forced to sell their dream builds. Yeah, it's a bitch alright...

24. BISHOP

BISHOP

Some people dont have any EYES.

25. Gator

Gator

I don't usually respond to this type thread here on the HAMB, but Tman that's some dam fine advice. The wife and I followed it years ago, and while we were never deep in debt, the approach help us get totally out of debt. Now everything we have is paid for and we never NEVER finance anything.

Ramseys' stuff isn't 'cutting edge' or trendy, just good solid financial advice. Pay your debts, save your money, and spend less than you earn.

BBobb, good luck with your sale and getting back on top.

26. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

If you see a Wall Street exec, cut his nuts off.
    Oops, did I say that?

27. Ghost28

Ghost28

There are different degrees of serious problems. And feeding your kids is serious. I dont think Bbob is wanting anyone to cry with him, or bitch about what had to happen in his life, but this is a family of sorts. And moral support for each other for doing the right thing, is not out of line at all. As for your happy place. I hope there will be someone around to rub your back and give you moral support, when they come for your toys...John

28. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

It's only a truck. Soon, the money you got for it will be gone, as the truck now is. When the time comes, you will look back on this and, possibly you'll even acquire another '39..... , or not.

Your tastes might change and you'll fall in love with something else, something that you wouldn't want to part with either.

Bbob, you made a choice, no doubt the right one. Don't worry about material things, putting them above family and one's self would have been the wrong choice.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  29. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I think he's just frustrated right now and needing to rant. You are faulting him for that? everyone needs to get a good rant with their buddies sometimes, this is no different, he could have been like that postal worker ,who went postal because he kept it all inside until he cracked.

30. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

Yea, let's all sit around the empty garage space and look at pictures of what ain't here anymore.

Man that's depressing.

I tend to agree that it's a b#@ch that he has to sell the thing in the first place. I admire that he know's what's more important (his family) but totally agree that the situation sucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.