Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford Model T in demand question...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by billj, Oct 31, 2009.

1. flyin-t

flyin-t

Well shit, I missed the whole intend to sell thing, I just saw trade for model T and got excited.

2. billj

billj

Do some people think it is sacrilegious to trade for an old car and then want to sell it for a profit to fund another old car project? I am getting that feeling.

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

Not from me, 3Window Larry called me a Parts Whore years ago, and I thought that was very cool,:) if I had the bucks I'd be flipping cars too. I'd rather have a car for sale that looked good than some late model that bothered me every time I looked at it. :rolleyes:...CLEARIFICATION.... Stuff listed on the HAMB is for guys projects, and I'd never buy something to flip, and would hope others understand and share that outlook.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  4. RodStRace

RodStRace

No Bill, I understand flipping, and how it relates to being able to finance your hobby.
    I was saying that if you can't sell one thing, trading for another is not going to make you a better seller. He's got a limited market for the current car, but the T also has a limited market and will need more invested before getting top dollar.

5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I hope if you get it, if you are going to flip it, that you find someone who will build it rather than buy it and it sits.

maybe you will fall in love with it and decide to build it yourself...you never know

6. billj

billj

That is possible, I might fall in love with it if I get it, it is hard not to with these old cars.

7. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

No, it just doesn't make sense when you haven't tried to sell the bird.

Selling cars can be a real hit or miss deal and you just never know which of those 2 cars will bring the most in reality. Sometimes things that should sell don't, and things that shouldn't sell do. Sometimes it takes a day, sometimes it takes months or even years. It's just how selling is. I personally cannot understand why you'd add the layer of complication.

If you're trading to keep, totally different story. Good luck either way!

8. AkaOlSkool

AkaOlSkool
    from CC Indiana

i may be interested! give me a pm as to price and condition and where i could look at it.

9. wvenfield

wvenfield

Nope. It appears that if you don't drag it out it may stay collecting dust.

I'd rather have the T than the bird. Get that T out of there and into the hands of someone that will get it going.

10. Astrochimp

Astrochimp
    from NE Mo.

If his car is worth $6000 why isn't he selling it and giving you $4500 cash?

11. billj

billj

Who knows, I don't question some things that seem to go my way, that stuff doesn't happen to often. I guess I better decide soon though.

12. Slammansam

Slammansam
    from Indiana

Sold mine for $17,500 and had less than $11,000 in it.
    T's are selling especially the coupes.
    Trading off a Bird for a T is a sure money maker.
    Winter isnt the correct time to sell but I think you'll still get more than 4500 out of it.
    GL

13. If you don't understand something don't invest in it. This applies to stocks and bonds as well as cars. Pass on it and tell some "T" restorer about it. Maybe he will return the favor some day (if not to you then to someone else).

Charlie Stephens

14. billj

billj

If anyone has interest,let me know and I can tell you where it is as I am not sure what I am going to do.

Thanks,Bill