Register now to get rid of these ads!

Do you let anyone drive your rod?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NiceFloor, Oct 30, 2009.

1. prost34

prost34

The cool part of owning a rod shop,i get to drive everyone elses rods when i work on them,most dont even let the wifes drive them,,:D

2. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

My Son, Wife, Dad, Sister, Brother -n-law Brother,and my Brothers Kids,Codey and his Wife (Cousins) thats about it there to drive not to look at now thats my take on it.

3. NiceFloor

NiceFloor
    from Albany, NY

I know a guy named slick as well.....does your slick own a T-bucket now?

4. 1959cac

1959cac

HELL NO ! Only when they buy it.

5. Zombie Plymouth

Zombie Plymouth

select few get to drive my ride, tried to tech the wife but shes not getting it...im better off.

6. I'm priming my 9yo son to drive Big Blue in a few years, but he has to earn it (by helping me rebuild the Hyfire motor going in her). As for right now - there are so few people left who know how to drive a three on the tree, I only know a handful who would know what to do! Dunno... maybe my stepdad and father in law could still drive her!

7. FiddyEffie

FiddyEffie

when i got my first f-1, i let damn near anyone of my friends drive it...mostly because i didn't have a licence. once i got my model A, i did the same thing, then a former good friend ruined it for himself. i told him he could drive it if he didnt rape it...and what'd he do? haha like i couldn't hear everything he was doing, it's a 31 A with zoomies and a huffer, i heard everything. needless to say he never drove anything of mine again.

when i get my latest f-1 on the road i plan on letting pretty much everyone drive it (family and friends) just so they can see why working on old cars is so special to me.

8. jasone

jasone

Any one of my club brothers are welcome to it, my favorite quote frorm my partner Ray was "man, your brakes are scary"(they need to be bled)...the wife doesn't drive, so no worries there. Will be priming the oldest daughter to drive it first and then her little sister to follow...the oldest always tells me that she's driving the '54 Ford mild custom to her prom.

9. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

There is no better way to create a hardcore hot rodder than to let em drive.

A few good pals of mine have let me take their cars out and it lights a FIRE to get mine finished.

10. DAMN! I can't believe I missed this golden opportunity to share my 8th grade sense of humor and make a dick joke.

11. fordfan289

fordfan289
    from indiana

My wife's yougest brother was on a two week leave from the army stopped over in the sister inlaws loser cruiser (minivan) I gave him the use of the 1953 ford pickup I just got. He loved it. The day I drove him to the airport all he could talk about was this truck. Right before he got on the plane I told him if he wanted it he could have it. Hopefully when he gets back from Korea I'll be able to toss him the keys to my 46 ford.

12. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Been there.:D:D:D

13. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

I let a good friend drive my hotrod & she loved it. As far as my family they think it's a spaceship? It's the beauty of a hotrod, you have to EXPERIENCE it to appreciate it in my eyes.

14. Mooosman

Mooosman

I let a buddy drive my car once. My dad, however, can drive anything of mine any time he wants. He's the one that got me interested in cars!

With my motorcycles, only my dad is allowed to ride them besides me. Just too many things to go wrong on a bike for me to lend it out to other people.

Nick

15. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I let one friend drive one of my cars and he promptly "jumped on it". That was the last time I let anyone drive one of my cars. I also won't drive anyone car.

16. H.G. Wells

H.G. Wells

No, never loan out your car or your girl. It is too easy for someone to throw a rod in either one.

17. elrobo818

elrobo818

trying to teach the wife how to drive... i figured it would be good to learn in the 52... besides thats our only car. ha!

18. KadenRay

KadenRay

Ill let my dad anytime but besides him no one, I let a girlfriend drive me home from a party in my truck one night but that's only cause i was pissed drunk and couldn't even hardly walk let alone try to drive.

19. SquashThatFly

SquashThatFly

I let wild woman drive my rod nightly

20. SquashThatFly

SquashThatFly

very cool

21. Opentracker

Opentracker
    Alliance Vendor

Sure do. I even let my wife and my daughter drive 'em on the track. It's the best way to get 'em hooked. My wife had a Toyota when we hooked up, I sold it and got her a 61 Falcon. Still has it 8 years later.

22. My dad and about two friends can drive any of my stuff. I have other friends that I would lend my DD to, but not any of my old stuff or rods. These are guys that have never driven anything with a V8, without power steering, and without power brakes. (I have music buddies and then I have car buddies) I love my wife but she has cracked up the front of too many of her cars. She at least understands why she is not allowed. She couldn't care less anyway.

23. chubbie

chubbie

years ago.. my custom chopper.. "hay can i ride yer moter cycle??" He rolled it.. broke his leg, no health ins. couldn't work, never did pay for the damage, he got a lot of fines from the local law, then they came after me with lotsa tickets and shit!!!
    think about this before you get easy with the keys

24. wallygator

wallygator

If I know you, and you have a license, you can drive my stuff. If you break it so what, When I was groing up my buddys dad would let us take his cars out when ever we wanted. Thats what got me hooked on Rods

25. wvenfield

wvenfield

26. skullhat

skullhat

......and you believed this, lol

skull

27. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

last night after bein' on stage for four plus hours under the hottest stage lights ever and a free tab from PBR(thanks Kelli) I was really wishing my lady would learn to drive mine....

28. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

funny part of this is....I just HAPPENED to go to town that night.. Saw my old blister in action, or the lack of.. Next day saw the local cop, he said he just knew it wasn't me driving !LOL
    No thats what came down.. I wouldn't have really cared if he did beat on it....
    I let a guy once use the coupe for 3 months and he beat the snot out of it, I knew he would but also know he'd fix what he broke ( and he did)
    Let another guy use it for a week as his hot rod was broke and he wanted to go to an event... ya right.... I got blamed as my car was seen in the wee morning hours at this married ladies house (out of sight)...
    That was the best....kinda glad I was out of state with MY wife at that time!
    Pontiac Slim

29. I let my oldest son drive my '66 Dodge recently. I've owned that car for nearly 30 years, and NO one else drives it but me. He was all happy and smiling, which was definitely worth it...of course, I was riding shotgun! I've let my younger son, who is not of driving age quite yet, drive it from the shop to the garage and back. Both of my sons love that car, and they know that I love them...and that Dodge...too!

My wife has only driven the car five or six times in the nearly 25 years we've been together. She's a little paranoid around it!

I let my Dad drive it when he and Mom came out to visit several years ago. They both got a kick out of it!

Like you, pinstriper40, I'm very protective of my stuff!

30. PegLegStrick

PegLegStrick

Yeah, Me, Myself & I.