Register now to get rid of these ads!

33 chevy radiator info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by powdercoater46, Oct 30, 2009.

1. powdercoater46

powdercoater46

Hi Guys; recently I bought a 33 chevy coupe to restore, but alas it came with NO radiator. Does anyone have photos and dimensions??

2. pondo

pondo
    from Illinois

I have a old original 31 Chevy radiator....not real good shape....could be had cheap.....not even sure it is the same as a 33.....just a thought

3. modelamac

modelamac

a 31 radiator is different... I have a 33 coupe pm your phone number and I will measure it... I will be selling the radiator that's in my car later this winter... I'm planning on buying a new walker, the one that is in my car is the original tanks with a re-core... it doesn't keep my big block cool that's why im changing it. PM me and I will help in anyway I can... also I'm not for sure where you are but I'm in Quincy, IL your welcome to come see mine car if you want... 33's are rare and they are kind of a one year car.

Attached Files:

4. dbradley

dbradley

I was going to say, Walker makes one for the '33. I have one in mine. Its kind of hard to measure but its roughly 28" tall by 17" wide. Mine includes a trans cooler and has the a/c option. (came with condenser) And, its marginal with a little over 400hp. Gets warm with a/c running in traffic mid-summer. And, yes I have a shroud with BIG electric fan that cycles at 180°

5. powdercoater46

powdercoater46

I have a fresh 355 to install when everything else is complete. Maybe your radiator will do just fine with it. Not planning on A/C.

Your car is outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope mine turns out half as good!

Cell: 309.824.0616 Interested in your radiator, man sometime this winter when you are ready. Could you have some other parts and info I'd be interested in?

Also, when my back gets back in good shape, I'd like to come see you and your ride.

Thankxabunch, Gary

6. 34dodgehemi

34dodgehemi

I have a Walker in my 33 and love it, i run a mild small block with no air conditioning, it's been in the car since the late 80's. I will look when i get home but my father may have an original radiaror out of a parts 33 he bought years ago. PM me if you still need dimensions off the original, we have an original 33 4 door also so i can take any sizes off it.

Keith

7. powdercoater46

powdercoater46

I looked at the Walker and Griffin but I would purchase a good used one.

Most of the aluminum radiators listed on eBay just don't look like they mount properly.

Wonder if I could recore your dad's old original?

8. powdercoater46

powdercoater46

Looking at the pix of your 33, I can't determine if you have the top filled in or replacement leather top. If you have a leather top, where do you get those made and how do they not leak??

9. powdercoater46

powdercoater46

I forgot to tell you, I'm in Monticello; about 20 miles west of Champaign.