Register now to get rid of these ads!

Let's see your budget builds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodihc, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Patrick Kidder

Patrick Kidder
    from Louisiana

Buddy you're in the right pace.Check out the classifieds.Plenty of great deals,and the wife will come around.Just take Her for a ride....:cool:

2. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

Great Inspiration guys! I'd love to build a low-budget driver, the simpler the better. I hate all this crap that new cars have, and I work on them all day long. Gimme 3 pedals, a bench seat, a steering wheel and I'm set. Just need to locate a closed body, since it rains 6 months of the year here.

Devin

3. Mr. Cool

Mr. Cool
    from Northeast

Between parts on the shelf I had, ton of swap meet finds, little bit of ebay, ton of me cutting-welding-bending, and a wife who keeps track of the money I spend...........when all is said and done...will be a total out of pocket expense of around $3500.

'30 FORDOR Nothing but a body shell when I got it
    Hand built 2x3x.250" frame (6" front Z and 18" rear drop)
    6" Chop----3"Channel
    80's Chevy 454 and auto tranny
    8.8 Ford van rear and wheels
    Copper tube grill
    Used forklift/bucket loader seats...

And a $30.00 Rustoleum paint job! (Mixed one quart of sunrise red and flat black to get the semi-gloss burgundy on the car..some enamal hardener and acetone..$30.00!)

9 months of build time into it so far...should be done by the holidays..then gonna build a budget t-bucket!

Here are a couple pics of where it is at now

Attached Files:

4. Hey_Pauly

Hey_Pauly

I too find this thread very inspiring. Keep it up folks!

5. very impressive...

6. Hey_Pauly

Hey_Pauly

OK folks. Lets not forget about this great thread.

7. Here is the current budget build that I am building for a friend, hopefully done by spring 10![​IMG]

8. cruzn52

cruzn52
    from Missouri

Here is my 52 Pontiac. 455 pontiac motor with turbo 350. Including cost of vehicle probably around 3000 dollars. Most of that was auburn posi rear end, fuel cell, radiator, and 1200 for purchase price. Paint I did the roller job special for around 70 dollars. I am more than pleased with it. Quite a few visits to the local junkyard to gather different parts. I have gotten lots of practice with my little flux core welder.[​IMG]

9. Kerry67

Kerry67

cool stuff in this thread.

10. oldrodder43

oldrodder43

Cruzon52 ------- Your Pontiac is Great. I love it. Pontiac has got to be one of my all time favorite automobile. Perley

11. Art Randall

Art Randall

Cruzon52:
    Nice little Poncho!!

Cheers,
    Art R.

12. rschilp

rschilp

Parts from around the house, free engine, so far less then $400 into it.

Need some suspension and brake parts and tires, that's going to be it, the rest is scrounged or traded.

This is my son's project, he needs to learn to work with what you got, money doesn't always create better results, hard work and ingenuity does.

Attached Files:

13. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

The '32 2dr in my avatar was put on the road in 2000 for around $3,000. That meant a LOT of bartering, scrounging, trading but the result is an all steel (origional steel) mainstream car that will hold it's value hopefully even during hard economic times.

Frank

14. Flatlander

Flatlander

Lots of inspiration here. I always prefer built over bought and that shows in the cars in this thread. Now its time for me to get out to the shop and build something.

15. Building a '32 on a budget is quite the challenge; well done!
    Robb

16. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

Any More of the budget builds out there?

17. slim tempo

slim tempo

$750 for the car, $100 for the flatbed ride, $60 for fuel pump, $200 for the tires.
    I'm upgrading to dual reservoir master cylinder soon. $10 for rattle can paint job.

Attached Files:

18. DistantHorizon

DistantHorizon

Nice, don't see many of those in the wagon format.

19. Gabriel Howard

Gabriel Howard
    from OKC
    1. Okie Hambers

here is my before and now pics. went from not running/stopping to a driveable car for about 3000$ including purchasing the car itself

Attached Files:

20. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

My '54 with my first inline powerplant. 2000 miles in the last 5 weeks and everyone with a smile.

Attached Files:

21. This is the best thread ever! Pick and pull champ's

22. DaxxRuckus

DaxxRuckus

1956 Star Chief, bought for $3500 3 years ago all original. Have spent maybe $500 on parts, everything else has been done for trade with local shops and friends. I do web design, so traded local shops for the body work and paint, everything else I did myself!

its been a long 3 years, but definitely a low budget build :)

Attached Files:

23. Gunslinger63

Gunslinger63

Picked up this Rambler American a little while back and been collecting parts as money will allow. If you count the 1500 bucks I made off the previous two project I sold I am only into this for about 500 bucks.

Putting in a Mopar 318/727, ford 8" rearend, and a few other go fast goodies.

The last pic is another budget build. It is my Dad's 39 Ford. Sitting on a 89 Dakota Frame, Ford 429 and 9" rear. My fav part is the 60's T-Bird sliding steering column. He is into his for around 6 grand or so.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010