Register now to get rid of these ads!

What Does Anyone Know About This One...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okievoodoo, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Okievoodoo

Okievoodoo

Does anyone know who owns this truck or any other threads about it... just one fine ass truck...

[​IMG]

2. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

What truck? All I see is a red shirt with a rip in it.

3. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

Fine...uh truck yeah, fine truck

4. ridgy didge

ridgy didge

Those guys sure know a good truck when they see one...

5. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rust is bad, needs to be painted.

6. i dont know but they are bein cool!

7. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

That truck sits great, and the original paint is cool too.....

8. Yep.

9. chaddilac

chaddilac

I talked the the builder at the drags! it's got the stock 9" flipped on top the springs, and a camaro front clip, they widened the front fender lips because of the wide track on the camaro front end.

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I may be way out of the loop but I just don't understand what is so cool about riding around in a crusty rusty rig. Maybe because my daily drivers have been pretty rough looking so the crusty look isn't anything special to me.

Ok maybe like the bare metal thing, It's ok or cool to pull it out and take it to one event to show what you have done on it before blowing it apart to paint it but to run it that way year after year seems just a way to justify being lazy.

11. chaddilac

chaddilac

How do you really feel Mr48chev??:D

12. Riding around with original patina can save you ten grand better spent elsewhere....

13. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Paint it !!!!!!!!!!

14. I'm originally from Chicago and RUST NEVER SLEEPS.

15. Or work all the bugs out before doing the pretty work? Even though it is hard to tear em down when the run.

16. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm diggin the truck. It looks like a great project for some decent finish work. I can see it now...a buckskin tan color with burnt orange scallops pinstriped in black and burnt orange wheels.

17. Hellfish

Hellfish

It looks like the Photo was taken at the Pileup, but I can't tell you who built it

18. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I love those trucks... and that one is a good project - drive as you work kind of deal...

19. why would you screw up what took nature 50 years or so to make? As a body man, not painter, I appreciate the "natural look", don't hide the work that went into it before the finish went on it. Anyway Screw it, to each there own! It's what makes the world goround.

Fenderless

20. Vorhese

Vorhese

21. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Maybe they can't afford the paint yet? Cool truck as is.

22. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

I dig it, almost traded my old 51 for one, until the deal fell through, I'd replace my 49 with one in a heartbeat.
    I agree with Ryan, rolling restoration, get the chassis and drive train right then worry about the body. That is how I do my cars. That way you can enjoy driving it and working on it.
    People that keep a car locked in the garage until every last nut is perfect are crazy to me. The car can be enjoyed by people in ALL stages of fixing it up. Just because it isn't painted doesn't mean people wont appreciated it.
    Infact I like the originallity of it, you can't fake that, people try but it looks just that fake..

23. kwoodyh

kwoodyh

No that truck is almost perfect!

24. BigFinCad

BigFinCad

I agree!!!!!

25. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

I like the babe in the red shirt best, of course am a chevy guy!

26. magnet

magnet

Thats a nice patina, Illinois patina :)

that thing is from Missouri, remember talking to the dude.. last pileup... can't remember his name.

27. jonathan

jonathan
    from Phoenix,AZ

I love that truck! I have a picture of it on my toolbox for inspiration. I was guessing that it was bagged. Glad to know it's not. It's serving as huge inspiration for mine.

As far as the finish. . . everyone has their own reasons. No chips/dings to worry about. It's what is "in" right now. Or, in my case, I just want to get something on the road, and if I was to wait until the body was finished, it'd never be on the road! Money is a huge factor and I'd be doing all the work myself. Also, I've got other cars that will have a nice finish that I will direct my time and money towards.

just drive it.

28. Okievoodoo

Okievoodoo

Ok see. I can't see paying 10 grand for a paint job that you can't drive the thing anywhere without being 10 feet away from it... hell even with that truck just the way it is... i wouldn't want people touching it... I just appreciate people doing their thing to a vehicle and this is a great looking vehicle... lowered, wheels, caps and original or old paint... now if it's a complete rust bucket or dented up I could see fixing it...

but again my opinion... my view... and I'm the only one that has to agree with it... just like anyone else...

oh and yes, just proves how many syllables in the word OKLA HOMA!!!

29. zimm

zimm
    from iowa

i dont care what color it is a cool truck

Attached Files:

30. JaggedEdge

JaggedEdge

I LIKE it!!! 'Course trucks chub me up. Even if it is a Ferd.
    Stance is perfect.
    Its incredibly tedious to get the wheelbase right. Fords always seemed to me to have a front heavy look with the factory placement of the axle centerline in the front wheelwell.
    Track width on the front is great too! It is a trade-off to not have that narrow front track funny car look while at the same time not sacrificing too much turning radius before scrubbing the inner fender.
    Plus the biggest attraction for me..... its a driver. something you aren't afraid to road trip in.
    Compliments to the owner/builder.