Register now to get rid of these ads!

2010 Gasser reunion Moved and date Change

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Falcon Gasser, Oct 16, 2009.

1. willys426

willys426
    from earth

This is priceless! I was blasted on this board because I wouldn't come beat my car at the Gasser Mag race for free, without a class for my car, no low ET payout, no high MPH payout, and I called it right! Greed and mismanagement! I don’t see a lot of intelligent structure involved with that race! And I said so! Now I see some of the very same guys that blasted me for not being a lemming and as stupid as they are, feeling screwed by their pet event! I see your loyalty really paid off! I love this!! lol I told you so! lol! It's not quite enough to know I'm right; I have to point it out! lol
    Typing this on the computer - 9 cents electricity
    Gasoline used in my mower instead of wasting my time at Thompson - $1.23
    Saying "I told you so!" - Priceless!! ha ha

Let me make myself clear for the future...until nostalgia races are run the way they used to be mediocrity will thrive... but...SOME track owners, promoters, and shiftless types don't mind that and will continue to be happy to collect the gate and give you nothing in return...

2. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

the problem with norwalk is it cant stay the same as thompson.we all know that they will bring in 1000 more cars some gassers-nastalgia cars but most wont be.im sure they will have some really cool high dollar cars there but im sure we wont be able to run our cars all day long{if we wanted to}.good luck to them,but hopefully they will be back for 2011.

3. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

4. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

yes i herd about this a couple of hours ago.i think"we" are working on this.im so happy that there will still be an event at thompson next year!!!!!!lets try to make it the best event EVER!!!!

5. wvenfield

wvenfield

6. :cool: Us guys in Northeast Ohio work fast!

Thompson Nostalgia Nationals- That's Okay but I still like

The Slick Devils and TRP present
    Ohio Gasser Gathering

I guess being Thompson Nostalgia Nationals would include Gassers, Hotrods, Diggers, and Nostalgia Funny Cars where Gasser Gathering might imply only gassers.

Either way- I'll be there.

7. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

you know it did freeze here last knight!!!all we are trying to do is stay warm buy getting things done!!!!!!!see you there.

8. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

also cant comment on name as of yet!

9. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Well I give them credit for going forward and putting something together. I will be there and I bet the same racers that always come out will still be there. I know its a long shot but it would be great if they made it more old school and limited it to cars that were more period correct in looks. I give Thompson a big thumbs up and you local guys that help with input.

Jon

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  10. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

I am thrilled to hear that Thompson has plans for running the event on their own. Norwalk is a super great track - no doubt, but Thompson's Gasser Meet has such a cool atmosphere - hard to imagine it being sucessfully reproduced anywhere else.

11. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

I will attend the Thompson race again. Norwalk - dunno - I'll see if I have a points race that week before I decide.

12. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

glad to hear it and i will se you there!!!

13. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Glad to see SD and Thompson getting something together. I can't say I was thrilled when I got the email about the move over the weekend.

Like someone mentioned above, the gasser nats were/are nostalgic because of Thompson, it has that old time 60s drag racing feeling.

The move to Norwalk reminds me of the demise of the original Blue Suede Cruise- more people, more rules, more money, less fun :(

14. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

My thought were the same about the Blue Suede Cruise, it went from a weekend to just have a easy going fun time to increased price and less fun.

Jon

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I've got Thompson on my events list to attend in June....thanks to all involved for getting this together.

16. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

cant believe its 8 more months..man does that suck!!!!!!i know we will se all the reg.and hopefully many more!!!!!!!i def.think this is going to be the best race ever!!see you guys and girls there!

17. seenoevo

seenoevo

Well it is over now and I must say it was a fun weekend . Everyone was nice and you could run all day on friday . Thompson is a lot of fun and period correct and should continue to have Gasser events . But I must add Norwalk was a nice track to race on and sleeping in my trailer was not a problem . However the weekend of the 4th is not the weekend to have it . Would have been better on another weekend to draw more people . So as far as I'm concerned it was a blast and I'll go there again if they keep it going .

18. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tracks need to have SHOWERS and FACILITIES to make all the shows fun. The big Wisconsin Swap Mmeets even have showers these days.........3 and 4 day events...