Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone using a Gennie hand brake?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tugmaster, Oct 16, 2009.

1. I need a e-brake for my sedan. I was looking at the ones that Gennie has. I already have a Gennie shifter and the hand brake mounts to the shifter mounting bracket so it should ba a easy set up.

Is anyone here running one? Do you like it. Thanks for any inputs you can share. Todd

2. Camaro Mike

Camaro Mike

FWIW I've had one in my roadster since 2004. The only problem I've had seemed to be related to it being really loose. The button came out of the end on me. Once I put it back togehter and tightened everything up I haven't had any other problems with the thing. That was shortly after I got the car on the road and its likely I didn't have the thing tighted well in the first place.

3. Fogger

Fogger

I've had a Gennie brake lever in my coupe since '86. Never a problem. The FOGGER

4. careyohio

careyohio

Love mine...was easy to hook up...no problems ever.
    Carey

5. i have one in my`28 tudor , works fine

6. Mr.34

Mr.34

I added the Gennie hand brake at same time as putting in the Gennie shifter in my 34. This has to be 25+ years ago and zero problems. I often use it to stop just to test it and all seems fine. I purchased from the original owner of this company so assume quality is still good.

7. Had one in my old A coupe. Shorty style. Didn't seem to have enough leverage to set the brakes without really leaning into it. Also kind of in the way. But never had any problems. Would not put that type in again though.