Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Vargo reunion car show -roll call 11-7-09

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODSURFER, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Who is goin to vargo for the reunion car show on november 7th Last year we had a great hamb turn out and most of the hamb guys parked together -would a meet and greet be better this year or should i arrange for the hamb guys to park together again??-i am bringing a non hamb freindly race car (69 camaro) but may be also bring my shop truck - thoughts guys

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  2. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

It was great last year and I'll be back again this year.
    Last year many of us parked together but some of us had to double up due to the large turnout and limited space reserved.
    I'd like it if we could park together this year because many of us don't know each other yet and it would be good to meet everyone and be able to associate the faces with the cars and HAMB names.
    Seeya there.

3. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

I'd like to make it this year

4. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

Just cheched the flier, the date this year is Nov. 7th not Nov. !st. as og know I plan on being there. It was good seeing other HAMBers, this is one of the last shows of the season, lets make it big.

5. just changed the date-i didnt have a flier! :( -thanks for the correct date

6. I'm told you need to get there EARLY.

7. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

Parking together again would be nice, who ever did this last year Thanks. It really worked out good.

8. yea, i was about 5th in line last year i got there at 6:45 am

9. the shadow

the shadow

anyone have a flyer they can scan and post up? the vargo site is last years date & form. I have friend I want ot email the info too.

I may or maynot attend the show this year. It has lost all "nostalgic" meaning to me it's just another money making event/car show. It's disturbing to me to display a rail that ran at vargo with all the period bells and whistles and have a show attendee's ask me stupid questions like "is it's an off road ATV vehicale" or "thats not even a car why's it in the show"???

It was once a reunion for the people who raced and spectated there with a car show on the side was a plus, now it's a car show/swap meet with a coule tables of old pics of by gone days. once all the old timers die off it'll just be another street rod & custom car show.:(

10. 454navyss

454navyss

i'll tell my dad, he'll probably take his candy apple red 67 vette

11. i know what your saying paul,just come on out with the dragster and hang with the rest of us HAMBrs,we had a good HAMB turn out last year and a good time, think of it as a HAMB meet that just happens to be at VARGO

12. atomic age

atomic age

I'll be there.

Whoever made those comments about "the shadow's" rail is clearly confused about why they were there, and what they where standing in front of. Unfortunately there are a lot of people who don't get it (even within car "enthusiast").

Seeing the historic racers are what makes that show special to me. I have to agree that it seems like the number of racers is down from what it used to be. It's not just about pretty cars in some field, it's a little deeper, especially to the guys who grew up in that area.

If my car is there or not it makes little difference, when the rails stop showing up it's a big deal. It should tell you somethings wrong.

-Mike

Attached Files:

13. 454navyss

454navyss

i called my dad and he said he is already registered and will be there

14. last year there was confusion when some got to the show,just tell them you are with the HAMB and look for our canopy with the HAMB BANNER if you confirm you are coming you WILL have a spot reserved

15. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

That is the same date as the Pumpkin Run in Egg Harbor, NJ ...

Have we gotten a flyer for this show yet - if so I'll get it posted on SR events to help spread the good word. :)

16. Koz

Koz

I'll run down with Hardtop 57. I'll make arrangements when I see you Friday. I still don't have a roof. Just hope for good weather. Save me a spot for the roadster.

17. sdfs10

sdfs10

I should be there!!!!

18. here is an upto date attendece list

Atomic Age
    Terrarodder
    40 luv
    Hank 37
    Beatnik Pirate
    pie wagon
    HomemadeHardtop57
    HOTRODSURFER
    Koz
    sdfs10
    Jack Thomas-IS maybe
    Jersey Jim
    goldy
    gbones32coupe
    32olds guy
    lurker -bob senor

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  19. synthsis

synthsis

Pumpkin run for us.

20. coming down in the wagon??

21. Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  22. If you didn't have the Race car I would have you stand in for me with the 59.

Wish I could come again, I had fun last year.

23. I will take your 59 and leave my shop truck at home :D

24. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

There's now going to be 15 of us from the Aces and Eights club coming up if the weather cooperates.

Is this $15 a person to get in?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  25. WOW!! i dont know if they will give us 30 spots ,i will se what i can doo
    it is hard enough to get 15 for the HAMB guys-looks like it is 15.00 to get in

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  26. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

I heard its $5.00 for spectators

27. Let's see, Vargo vs. Dover. Last time I was at Vargo was 1963. I never went to Dover but many times to Island, last time 1968. Think I'll go further back in time to VARGO. Too bad we're running out of dates for outdoor events.

28. should i chage your status from a maybe to a definite???:)

29. 68Caddy

68Caddy

This show is only an hour from home for me. I am hoping to have my Shoebox torn apart.....but I will try to make it.

30. do you need us to reseve you a spot?