Register now to get rid of these ads!

About 20 years too late...look what i found

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by '54Caddy, Oct 14, 2009.

1. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

Heres the story, I bought a house in NH last winter. obviously winter in New England = snow so when I walked the property I didn't know what was under all that snow in the woods. over the summer I was checking out my property and stumbled across a pile of old tires. I was thinking to myself "great! now I need to get rid of 30-40 old tires." I walked a little further and found another pile, but this pile was steel, start moving leaves and downed trees and notice its old car/truck parts. I've always heard of people walking in the woods and stumbling upon an old model A or classic car but never had the luck myself. So I'm thinking "Finally, my turn!." Well I guess it goes to show my luck, everything is pretty well rotted away and useless. but still fun to look at so I took some pics for you guys.

It seems as though it was 2 30's ford trucks(from what i can see, correct me if i'm wrong), for some reason the fenders are in one pile and the doors are scattered and the cabs are randomly sinking into the ground. one of the cabs has doors as you can see the other doesnt. there is a total of 5 doors that ive found so far (4 truck doors, 1 car? anybody i.d. the car door?) also trucks running boards ect. There is a car hood with a very cool ornament...i.d. anyone? a sedan roof and a bunch of other crap. I also found another pile of motor parts, a rochester carb, a stromerg carb, an old generator, water pump, and starter. Also while doing some excavation work around the house this summer i dug up an old flathead 6 with the excavator about 3 feet underground. Thought that was kinda odd.

Attached Files:

2. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

a few more

Attached Files:

3. Impressive!

Sorry I cant help with the ID, but would make some good wall-art for the shop!

4. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

The grill has already made it back to the wall of the shop!

5. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Hood is '52-53ish Buick.

[​IMG]

6. Grille is like 38 Ford. Hood and the one door look to be '53 Buick.

7. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

I was thinking buick when i saw it, but the one in my woods is actually half way recessed into the hood, i've never seen it before

8. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The grille is 38-39 Ford Pickup.
    The hood is a Buick.

9. the grille looks like a 38 barrel nose. not sure bout the rest. the hood ornament looks cool. keep digging.

10. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

ok yea, 53 buick! good call!

11. jim galli

jim galli

I see a '39 Ford Truck and a '54 Buick hood. The door with runningboard wrap around..........dunno.

12. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Pretty cool, finding all this and you own it! Nobody to shoot at you or give you a ridiculous price.

13. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I'd be buying a metal detector tomorrow............ ;)

14. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

I'm going to keep digging, I'm hoping for maybe an old quick change rear end or a hilborn injection would be nice :rolleyes:

15. str8axle55

str8axle55
    from MA

Nice find, keep looking. I might go for the metal detector also.

16. dmw56

dmw56

Hell, that's good Rat Rod material!!

17. The way the trucks are bent they look like it was a halfhearted attempt to bury them.

18. B-Ray

B-Ray

awesome find keep digging

19. Al

Al
    from Duluth, Mn

Gee.. I have a near new metal detector I could sell you..

20. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

I would bet that there is a whole lot more where that stuff came from... The rest of that buick had to go somewhere.. Same with the trucks

21. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

I was thinking the same thing. I've found basically all the parts for the trucks, less one grill and the frames, axles, and motor/trans. So far for the Buick I've found 1 door, the hood, and roof(cut off for some reason). I'm going to try to get out there tomorrow after work if I have time. I'll keep you guys posted and add more pics as I find more.

22. jivin jer

jivin jer

hood has a '57 chev ornament molded in,

23. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

still a treasure-i'd be excited to find that.

24. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Isn't that a 38 Ford truck grille?

25. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

Sounds like the land used to be an old wrecking yard.

26. Cruiser

Cruiser

:eek: Your treasure hunt looks like a lot of fun. Hanbers have identified the well. Some of those fenders might be savable. Keep digging and have fun.

CRUISER :cool:

27. Not unless someone figured out a way to give Enzyte to potmetal hood ornaments...

Someone probably used the truck frames to make hay wagons or something, maybe the car frame too, the body cut up simply to make it easier to throw in the dump. Any bottles or anything else good there? Some of those old bottles are big money.

28. 340Fish

340Fish

Another vote for the metal detector! what a wicked find. I've never heard of a flathead garden before :D

How bad was the motor when it came out? It's pretty cool that someone that appreciate it was the one to dig it up.

29. pinky49

pinky49

the first truck cab picture looks to me like a '36 or'37 ford?
    kinda cool finds none the less
    ed

30. sixdogs

sixdogs
    BANNED
    from C

Find the ID plates off it, take your land deed and plates and get a title in your name and you can sell it for $$. That's if nothing drivable to salvage. I spent a lot of years in Maine and the woods and stone walls are full of rusting old stuff gone too far to salvage.