Register now to get rid of these ads!

need suggestion for bodydropping "CHANELING" 54' chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Draginit1290, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Draginit1290

Draginit1290
    from Mesa, AZ

welp, i wish i could say i was done. but life has its unexpected obligations. but i have already sectioned a part of the frame, redesigned two body mounts and hopefully cutting the Z today! taking a break right ATM. i had to go and talk with the wheel guys and figure out wheel size and overall diameters n such. the last thing i want to do is cut and weld only to find the wheels i buy dont allow it to lay! that would suck!! i do have pics! and i DID lay the rocker in the rear already, i will try to post this evening.

2. Draginit1290

Draginit1290
    from Mesa, AZ

here are some pics and update... and thanks for comin out saturday and lendin a hand rossco! i'll email the sizes cuts i need for the plate steel.

i can finally sleep at night. this is where i wanted my stance to be....completley level! :)
    [​IMG]

so last tuesday, i think, i sectioned the middle of the frame. and there were two body mounts along the way. so i just welded on plates and cut the bottoms off where the rivets were.
    [​IMG]

i raised the front 2.75 inches(measured from the top)
    [​IMG]

then added plates to the inside just so i could add some heat to the boxing of the frame.
    [​IMG]

and im using 2x3 1/8th" stock to cut the triangles needed to box it up.
    [​IMG]

of course i plan on putting an extra plate on the sides of the frame if i feel its necessary.

so today im gonna try and finish welding things up. i still gotta lower the core support but that should be easy compared to this!!

here she with the trim on, it may appear that its not level here, but thats due to the 3/4" board i have under the rear tire.. after reasearching overall diameters of the tire/wheel i will be running, i put the tires higher than what the actual diameter will be at 27.8" this leaves roughly a 1/2" buffer zone and ensures me the car will lay before the tires rub. oh, and i'll adjust the camber in the front after i get e'rything in place.

[​IMG]

welp, i guess thats it for now. i'll get some sumlight/outdoor profile shots later in the week.

3. lgh1157

lgh1157

YUP !

Oh edit, i see you got it sorted, looks bitchen !!

4. Mojo

Mojo

holy shit, that is stupid! I was waiting for them to hit an uneven wave in the pavement, and spin out of control. Zero margin of error there!

5. lgh1157

lgh1157

it may be stupid, but it is also genius and looks bitchen

6. 021k26rr

021k26rr
    from TN

bump. for a good topic