Register now to get rid of these ads!

Best Mercury ever built?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PrecisionGuesswork, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Hey wow, Thanks for posting the Black Widow 49 merc in this post. It's paint is a little wild even for me. If you get a chance to see it in a slightly shaded area most of the bling disapears and to answer a few PM's Yes the side pipes are live.

Thanks, Rick Erickson

Attached Files:

2. 51Gringo

51Gringo
    from Nor Cal

Just because a Merc has alot of work done to it sculpted from plastic filler..doesn't make it the best, when you say the best, thats like saying a certain record or artist is better than the rest, it's purely opinionative. Although, one of the best creations in the majority of the custom world will say Sam's '49 will be remembered as the one that started it all..along with Quesnel's. That's my 2 bitches.

3. Nice? I'll say sure,it's nice! Best? Not even close! Pretty hard to beat the historically significant ones of the past. "Best" is a term that's almost impossible to throw out there.
    Like I said before...it's ALL based on opinions. Which vary drastically!

4. John Denich

John Denich

Boys I have the winner.....my favorite!

Attached Files:

5. WOW! How do these guy come up with this stuff?
    skirts? won't help!
    different wheels and tires? won't help!
    different mirrors? won't help!
    different color? won't help!
    flames? won't help!

[​IMG]

6. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

A galaxy far away ? Might help.

7. r8odecay

r8odecay

That's what Cobretti drove when he was Judge Dredd.

[​IMG]

8. Holy Merc shit Batman!

9. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

egon necellis rip

10. lil' Dean Jeffries

lil' Dean Jeffries

Gene Winfield solar scene
    071.jpg

user79755_pic66854_1239572071_thumb.jpg

user79755_pic66859_1239572071_thumb.jpg

11. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Remember the capri?

Why do I feel like the Skipper just hit Gilligan with his hat?
    Had to.

12. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

somebody needs to photoshop the wheels off of that thing to make it a hover conversion!!

13. The "Mollinium Fuckin"?

14. The Huntress

The Huntress

I'm kind of partial to this one.

Attached Files:

15. jville_hot_skater

jville_hot_skater
    from jville

the thread is best mercury ever built...not the best custom mercury ever built

its a really clean traditional mercury, and thats what some people like and appreciate.
    not everyone are custom fanatics.

16. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

Am I the only one wishing that silly bitch would just get the hell out of the way?!

17. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Yeah, Probably!:D

18. sik_kreations

sik_kreations

that one is being built by teds rod shop for chop cut rebuild. i painted the controll arms on that thing with house of kolor chrome effect paint in a 3 day time period for prep to finish. if u asked eric who is building that car... he would say the matranga merc as the ultimate.

i really dig the ekk mercs. a little of the old and new mixed.

19. That car is a really nice car! I'd like to see it finished. The picture I saw showed it still needing the glass and interior. I've tried to catch the show to see if they are still working on it.

20. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

i saw the CCR merc when it was all in metal bob, the blue shoebox was in the shop right next door. they had to do a bunch of work to it. said the chop when they first got it had about an 1" of bondo on it!! was really hacked up. it was headed off to paint the next day. turned out really nice. i heard from the guy working on the shoebox they came over and looked at the 51 to check out the 1/4 windows and the chrome trim:D

21. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Matranga merc is a beautiful piece of custom styling,everything about that ride is perfection to me,it fits the title "less is more".The Hirohata merc is amazing,it just screams class.Its legendary and inspirational.I love mercury charlies and jesse james merc,for me jesses merc sits perfectly,it is a classy merc for sure.For me its about less is more when it comes to styling.It has to be classy not over done

22. tommy v

tommy v

hey matt , watch the show they put a LOT of bondo on that roof, after seeing that i wouldn't let those guy at ted's touch anything i own:(

23. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

really that sucks.. i just got my channels back so i will have to keep an eye out for the show to watch. allways intersting to see what goes on before paint. especially on the high $$$$ cars! i need to find a 39-40 merc to add to the collection and cut one up.. i think that would be fun...

24. glassguy

glassguy

ok im gonna chime in too ! my favorite has always been the hirohata..
    i know this isnt a show your merc thread but my favorite will always be mine. by know means a perfect car but i loved it. killed myself building it out of a shitbox four door, and was sooo happy with its look.. if i ever win the lottery i will simply beg its new owner to sell it back. however i will paint it shiney black like i shoulda in the 1st place..

oh yeah jesses merc is nice, even has almost identical scallops as mine but it needs HUBCAPS!!! the steel wheel look on a merc does absolutely nothing for me..

Attached Files:

25. That is damn near as perfect a chop as you could get.. :)
    And you say it was a four door.?
    Great work indeed..
    I could never sell mine. The house would go first.. :D

26. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

wicked............

27. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

What tires are you running on this one?

28. glassguy

glassguy

the fronts are 215 70 15 diamondbacks. the rear had 205 75 15,s that i just ground the whitewall in coz you dont really see them

29. sik_kreations

sik_kreations

ya its just the finish work that needs to be done. the car wasnt cut and buffed yet. there is glass in it now. and the interior is almost dun. the shop is less then a mile from my house so i stop by when i can. its a bitchen build.

eric is a member on here.... http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/member.php?u=78698

it has some of the pics in his folder.

30. mikaelmtb

mikaelmtb
    from Denmark

I havent seen the this one mentioned, the '40 "Stardust" Bill Reasoner built Merc: (Pics from Riskter)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It sure does something for me, I would like to make some of the same rooflines to my 48 Chevy coupe...

Else you have my vote for the Matranga Merc!!

Mikael