Register now to get rid of these ads!

History NHRA Junior Stock

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by colesy, Aug 12, 2007.

1. SundayNiagara

SundayNiagara

Here ya go! I thought I had one bigger...lol

Mark

Attached Files:

2. capsgs

capsgs
    from Ohio

Thank You Mr. Doll. I am big nostalgia drag fan and have always wanted to attend the York show. I'll have to make sure that I make it next year. Hopefully by then I'll have a few more done!!

Cap

3. markus A

markus A

Roger thanks for posting these great old pics. The 66 Nova is my racing buddy Mike Mazepa's II Timer M/S. Hope you don't mind I took the liberty of flipping and massaging it for clarity. That's the two of us between the II and the Suburban/Trailer rig. Mike is on the left...yours truly on the right. This was at a 71 NED points meet. We must of been pondering our next "trick" adjustment for a tenth. LOL Loved that car ...that body is very popular with the racers nowadays...it ran pretty much at or near the National record...we bumped the MPH record once @ E-town just to get in the books. Also included a copyrighted pic from the 71 Nationals.

Attached Files:

4. DW31S

DW31S
    from Sparks,MD

J guess it is time to add my two cents.... First -- I also sent in my application for the 2010 show in York. Let me say that years ago I used to show my then current race cars in various shows including the ISCA traveling circuit. Darwin puts on a much more honest, enjoyable, and down to earth show that I know I appreciate. The idea here is to have FUN--not to win a trophy because your paint had less flaws then the guy's next to you. The people attending the show seem to enjoy reminiscing and talking to the owners here more than looking at show cars that never turn a wheel in the real world. GREAT JOB DARWIN !!!!! Second-- the original owner of the Banana1(before Iaconio) is a relative of a friend of mine and he most likely will be there in July. Third-- Another friend is now the owner of the '69 Camaro "Shang-Ri-La". He does't know much of the history so I will be sure to inform him of the thread and the photo that was recently posted. Until next time..... Dave.

5. 270283

The step van in this picture looks like the lunch wagon that prowled around Maple Grove. Exquisite dining to be sure!

[​IMG]

6. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

I'm glad you guys like my Sox & Martin avatar. Here's the one that preceded it (and I forgot all about):

[​IMG]

Here's a class winner decal for our friends north of the border. Whadya think, Colesy?

[​IMG]

This National Speedway decal is really cool...60's to the core!

[​IMG]

This is the first time seeing this Raceway Park decal.
    How many of you longtime Raceway Park fans/racers
    remember this class winner decal?

[​IMG]

Lots more vintage decals and other cool stuff here:

http://www.garageart.com/default.asp

Pete

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  7. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

I used to have this decal. I got it when this (then) 13 year-old sent away for the official Sox & Martin catalog sometime back in 1971. Cost? One dollar!

Pete

8. Bob Bender

Bob Bender

Roger........................great pics...see u at the dutch............went 5 rounds at atco...............wow that was fun

9. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

I was thinking about putting the one of these that I have on the windshield of my '32. Mainly to help strick up conversations with folks that may have been at Niagara, and because we earned the decal - 42 years ago.

Lee

[​IMG]

10. 67 W-30

67 W-30
    from N.E. Ohio

Ron Garey never drove this car. I always Frank Blagg owned and drove it, but it could have been another driver? If someone could blow up the pic maybe you could read the name under the window? Frank Blagg also drove the red(orange) 69 Chesrown 442 that has been posted on here on an earlier page.
    Sorry i cant be more sure of the driver. Maybe someone else can "assist"??

Tweed

11. capsgs

capsgs
    from Ohio

Geez Pete you sound like me only I was younger. I sent away to join some Sox and Martin fan club deal and recieved a t-shirt that had the logo on frt and a pic of the car on the rear. I also remember when the Super Car Clinic came to town. I rode my bike across town, against my mothers wishes, and hung out the whole day at the Chrysler dealership. I stayed through the whole presentation and when I got home, at about 9:00, I got my rear tanned. LOL But it was worth it to see my heros!!!

Cap

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  12. sinistri

sinistri
    from reading pa

Cool, glad you guys enjoy them, ive been on the hunt since finding this site.... Some of the photo's ive found online and am not sure of the photographers... Others included are from Michael "mashie" Mihalko, Carl Rubrect, Harold Hoch, John Nugent, Ed Parenti,Michael"Ike" Sallade, Barclay Wilson Sr. A big thank you to these guys for the pics they shared w/ me so as i could post them....

13. sinistri

sinistri
    from reading pa

Hey Dom, thanks for helping id some of these cars...and as for dad,pretty good buider/tuner but not much w/ a camera ! Elbows deep in cars, its really the only way ive ever seen him.

Attached Files:

14. Head NED

Head NED
    from York, PA

Where is all these Junior Stock entries for York 2010? Just bear in mind guys that we
    can accomodate 130 entries for the show. The entries get cut-off early so keep that
    in mind. I can remember the gold old days of Division 1 WCS events with sixty cars
    for the first round of Junior Stock. If you won a Division 1 event, you earned it without
    question............Darwin Doll

15. We're signing up! I can't load or print the form on this computer so I'm waiting to get on a friend's computer asap
    -Dean

16. WGuy

WGuy
    from Central NJ

I have one of those E-Town winner decals I won and never put on the car. IT's been in the tool box for about 40 years.
    Verne:)

17. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

I bet it was! Congratulations Bob!

Pete

18. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

I can't make name out on door. The only names evident are on the rear quarter panel: Frank Blagg and Lee Sherrod.

Pete

19. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

Cap,

I would've done the same! :D

Pete

20. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

Verne,

Cool! Was this the very first style decal Raceway Park gave out back then? I'd have to guess yes!

Pete

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  21. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

[​IMG]

Pete

22. Hey does anyone have then Jr. Stock entry lists for the '68 and '69 Winternationals in Pomona? Or eliminations?
    -Dean

23. SundayNiagara

SundayNiagara

I believe by then, it was called Stock Eliminator, because Super Stock had it's own.

24. spiertb

spiertb

Does anyone have the 1964 Nationals entry list? It was great looking at the '64 Winternats entry list to see all the familiar names.

25. 5096PS

5096PS
    from iowa

hey bob bender,,,love the 69 wagon. is it a 265/396? finishing a 69 427 4 speed biscayne for the street. love running the ol big cars,,especially since jerico transmissions keep ya out from under the car changing broken pieces.

26. WGuy

WGuy
    from Central NJ

Pete,
    I can't be positive that oval style was the very first win sticker, but I'd have to guess it was. They opened in '65 and I started attending in '67.
    Verne:)

27. Bob Bender

Bob Bender

Thank you...its a 350-255hp....wish I had the 396 or 427

28. Bob Bender

Bob Bender

Thank you ...............it was great just wish it did not spin the tires :mad:

29. BELAIR1957

BELAIR1957
    from PA

Hello . I am new to this post . I would like to know if anyone out there has any photos or information about this person . Larry KROME from PA raced in the 60's . He campaigned a 1957 sedan and also a sedan delivery . He had a national record at one time . I would apreciate seeing any photos of his cars . I talked to him several weeks ago . He said he only had one picture . Said he never thought of cameras , was always to busy working on or driving the car .

30. SundayNiagara

SundayNiagara

Likewise, I have very few pictures of the '57 Sedan Delivery my friends and I ran back in the 60s. The car was red and sponsored by Niagara Auto Supply and had our names in the Chevy emblems on the doors. We ran at Niagara and Lancaster. Please PM me if you have photos to scan, as I would love to have them in hi-res.