Register now to get rid of these ads!

Scam a blue knight transport

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jessefelix, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Jessefelix

Jessefelix
    from Hanford,Ca

I have been raped by A blue knight Transport, They are a transport Company out of Syosset NY. I Bought a car from a fellow Hamber Glenn33 and had looked around for a tranport company and found these people, they seemed very nice and helpful at first. They were very quick to take my money for a deposit, and then after they got that it was all down hill from then. I had worked out a agreement for them to pick my car up on the 21 of sept, i was very excited you know but i never got a phone call letting me know the car was picked up or the driver was on his way. (Which they say a driver will call to let you know whats going on)
    So i called the company and asked and they told me that the driver had some problems and that they were going to get another driver on it, so i was like ok cool their on top of it. A few days pass nothing so i call back and a lady answers and gives me attitude and hangs up on my i was confused and shocked and thought maybe she did it on accident. So i call back and ask whats going on with the car is it going to get picked up, but this time it was another person who answered and his name was Robert, and he told me that by me asking him that question is like him asking me whats going to happen if the sun doesnt come up tomorrow and hung up the phone on me. I was shocked and a little upset cause now i know they are hanging up the phone on purpose and not on accident.
    So i call back the next day to see whats going on with the car if it was going to get picked up soon and the told me that they have a driver on his way to get it but it will be a day or so. So i was ok with that their getting it tooken care of, NOPE. I call back the next day and they tell me he is not able to pick it up he will get it over the weekend tho so i say ok but i am getting frustrated with these people a little bit. I tell glenn whats going on and he says he understands, i can tell hes getting frustrated and i am very sorry by the way.
    I waited the weekend and call back on monday and they tell me that they have not talked to the driver so they are unaware of whats going on, i said what why wouldnt you guys know what your drivers are doing, i get attitude and hung up on again. So i call glenn and ask him if the car was picked up cause the tranpsort people didnt know, but the car was still in his garage. So i call back and ask again about the car and asked about getting my money back and they tell me i have 14 business days from when i signed the contract that then i can get my money back if they dont pick it up but i have to fax them a paper saying i want to cancel. Robert the dispatch guy says hes going to look into this and find out whats going on and get a driver asap and call me back the next day to let me know whats going on.
    Two days pass no call so i call them, i ask about the car and then the lady puts me on hold and then the Big Manager Jon answers so i ask him whats goin on with the car, he tells me i cancelled. I said no i didnt. He thens starts to yell at me telling me its on the board so it must be true. I ask him if he got a fax from me saying i wanted to cancel and he doesnt answer so then i ask again whats going on, he starts cussing at me telling me i have to fax him a paper saying i dont want to cancel i tell him no and he starts cussing more and telling me to send a fax over saying i want to cancel, i said i just want you guys to get my car to me. He cusses more then hangs up.
    So i call back and ask the lady to get me the head person, guess who answers Jon. I asked if he was serious about being the head guy at that place and he said yeah and that if i wanted to talk to the owners that it wasnt going to happen cause they wouldnt care about this conversation. So i told him he needs to learn how to talk to people on the phone, he got really angry then and starts yelling at me again cussing some more and telling me how the company is professional and not ran by children so then i cut in and tell him im not a beepin child either then he freaked he said whoa whoa whoa the beep do you think you are talking to me this way you beepin mother beep and says some more stuff and then finally tells me to do stuff with my mother but in a very rude way. you know what im saying.
    I then tell my friends about whats going on and i am pissed and shocked and confused. Told my girlfriend what happend so she calls and asks to speak to him and he kinda gives her a attitude and tells her i threatend him and that the detectives were at his work investigating the conversation. She hangs up and asks me did you threaten him and i was like what are you serious he said that.
    I went onto yahoo and typed in a blue knight transport and found out that all they are is a scam and their only intentions are to take your hard earned money. Their were a bunch of people who had the same problem as i did. Some were charged doubled and had their banks over drafted and still havent recieved their money back. I am most likely NOT going to get my money back but as long as i can let others know about this company it makes me feel a little better.
    I am very sorry glenn that the car has not been picked up yet, i am sorry for the incovienance this has put on you. I will try to find another way to get the car.
    Tell your friends to stay away from a blue knight transport so they will not get screwed over the way i did. Thanks for reading and again want to apologize to glenn.
    A Blue knight transport is located in Syosset NY their telephone number is 877-210-6184

2. wvenfield

wvenfield

To be honest with you I only got through about 1/2 your post.

I didn't need to go any further. This is the way many "transport" companies are. They take your money and business and IF they happen to find someone going your way, they will get your car picked up. If not, then not. Many of them do not have dedicated trucks making runs. They just contract the work out.

I sold a car last spring. The buyer arranged shipping. 2 1/2 months later I asked if they would mind if I arranged something for them. I called BenD here on the HAMB and he had it picked up and delivered in 3-4 days.

3. Jessefelix

Jessefelix
    from Hanford,Ca

i know its a long post but if you go to yahoo and type in a blue knight transport you will find they are just a scam, i was just trying to warn everyone.

4. WOW. Ugly story there. Sure hope you get your money back but it doesn't sound likely. Just be thankful that they DIDN'T pick up the car and then disappear with it as well. Good luck. Hope this has a happy ending.

5. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

Caveat Emptor!

How much was your deposit? Send them a demand letter for your deposit via certified mail.

6. Jessefelix

Jessefelix
    from Hanford,Ca

luckily, so far they have only tooken 550 dollars so far but others have said they had like almost 2 grand tooken out of their account. I will have to close the bank account that i have and open another just to be safe.

7. wvenfield

wvenfield

Right. I was just adding that most of them aren't worth a darn.

8. rhd

rhd
    from austin tx

what you need to do is send them a certified letter with a law offices letter head, that will put the fear of god into them i had the same thing happen to me with some parts from some hole in the wall company, the guy did the same thing after a few long phone calls i made a letter head from a law office i had looked up and sent that to them......3 days after they got it i had my money back....i dont know if it will work for you but its worth a try

9. Jessefelix

Jessefelix
    from Hanford,Ca

Anything is worth a shot ill try it, i know that some people have contacted the authorities in new york and many have complained to the BBB and even to the new york congressman, but these are real slick people. I dont understand why these so called companies can get away with what they do. A kid steals food from the grocery store to help feed his family he gets arrested, these people take money from peoples accounts and nothing

10. I would have cancelled at the first deliberate hang-up. If they're treating you like shit on the phone, imagine how they're going to treat the car, and what they're going to say when you say hey, this wasn't scratched/dented/broken when you picked it up.

In the shipping game you get what you pay for. The less you pay the shittier the service. Most of the low-end companines are only brokers who subcontract out the actual haul to the truckers. So what happens is if you pay $1000 for a haul, one guy might pick it up and take it to terminal A for say 40% of the money, another guy going the right way takes it from A to B for say another 40% of the money, and then it sits waiting for someone going just exactly the right way and loaded just the right way that it's worth his time to finish the haul for that last 20% of your money. If it's gotta go a long ways for a little bit of money it's gonna sit a loooong time.

Hopefully you paid via a credit card and you can put a stop payment on it.

11. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

This is about normal for shippers, I thought?:rolleyes:
    Yeah...what everybody said....pretty much sums it up, I don't know, I guess this is actually a REAL scam, but, in my eperience, I can't say that most ACTUAL shipping companies are not either.
    NEVER look for a Brokered shipper without a lot of extra $$$ in your pocket. Find someone with their OWN truck

Sorry to hear it man.

12. It's not slander if it's true. It's a good thing to air this shit, It might save somebody here from goin through the same thing. Spread the word.

13. bryan6902

bryan6902

Sounds like an extreme lack of communication on their end. Scary, because it appears as this is normal or just how they normally operate. Do they advertise in Hemmings? Thought they did/do? I believe there is a grievance policy through them, basically a list that keeps track of advertisers that are dishonest or do not deliver what they promise? Maybe someone can chime in here? Anyways I hope it works out for you, doesn't sound like the car is lost or destroyed so you've got that going for you. I know I would be sick if this happened to me.... Good Luck.

14. nutajunka

nutajunka

Yes spread the word!

15. junk

junk

I just had a car moved. I read story after story about the same type of stuff happening. In the end I used Showtime transport that BenD told me about. Couldn't be happier. Rick was a great guy and their was no trouble with the shipping.

I would recommend going through the HAMB venders to find a good shipper that will actually get it done.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

16. I had a truck shipped a few years back and I got very good service, cost $1500 to go 3/4 across the country, Sad thing is when you get good service you forget the name of the company. Jessefelix if you need a good tranport pm me and I'll look through my old records, we are right next door.

17. RAF

RAF
    from MA.

I have had cars shipped from all over the country using numerous transport companies and have never paid except for a small deposit until the car was in my driveway. I would stay away from anyone would wanted a large deposit or pay in full before delivery.

18. keeffer

keeffer

<acronym title="Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration">FMCSA</acronym> Help Line at 1-800-832-5660.call them

19. 1oldrat

1oldrat

Keep spreading the word

20. did you try any of the transporters on the HAMB ??

21. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

I shipped with a broker, not knowing any better, "largest shipper on ebay". Took forever and arrived damaged from loading/unloading(of course).

I learned to either budget for someone like BenD or get a hamb recommendation before I'd ever dream of using a broker.

I met the truckdriver. I wouldn't have let him park my car much less load/unload/haul it cross country, if I'd known.

Live and learn.

22. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

It is not slander or liable if it is based on a perception of truth. His comments fall under opinion that have a basis in perceived fact.

Slander and liable have to be lies with no basis in truth and are very hard to prove in court.

He is not looking at a "serious legal" issue for doing this.

Also, no offense to New Yorkers, but good luck with going through the legal process with them.

We are talking about the state that has the national collection agency scam operating out of it where collection agencies call people and skirt the law on what is legal trying to collect money out of them when they owe no debts.

The state made them stop in THAT state but they continue to operate outside the state.

You need to get a lawyer, going through the AG won't do a thing.

If you went through a credit card get them involved.

Get a lawyer or write it off.

23. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

I am not sure they deal with customer to carrier issues do they?

I thought they just regulated the carriers?

24. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

I checked them out on transport reviews. com and saw 20 or 30 bad reviews under one of their different names...sorry to hear you got involved with these guys, they sound like out and out crooks, not bad buisness men.

Double charging, no refunds, no transport, all appear to be the rule rather than an exception.

25. BBobb

BBobb

Ditto....Very correct

26. I always thought "Blue Knights" were pig bikers. So this slob is a cop too? Do the Blue Knights know this guy is using their name?

I'd check with them...get it?

27. Holy Crap, what a read! Just a hint...use sentences, punctuation, capitalization, and paragraphs, PLEASE! What you wrote was one giant run-on sentence that was impossible to read without getting a friggin' migraine from it! You're pissed at the transport company, we get it. Try writing something from the viewpoint of "Would I read this if someone else wrote it???" Not looking for perfection here, just something that is legible and not one long-assed sentence!

28. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

NOT slander if the info is true,,,,i'm glad he made us aware of these assholes,,,,moneys too hard to come by these days to throw it away

29. yt boy

yt boy
    from Spring,Tx

Rough story Jesse!!!!! I had a similar experience about 8 years ago but I eventually got my car. Cant remember the name of the company. I ordered door to door transport from Odessa, Tx to Key West, FL. Paid the fee of about $800. 4 weeks later, I'm getting the same run around WITHOUT the attitude. I got every excuse in the book: driver snowed in, they lost contact with the driver, one of the drivers family members died, the truck broke down. The web site of company I originally contracted showed that they used trucking transporters(18 wheelers). The guy that showed up was really nice and I could tell he cared and new nothing of the problems. BUT my car arrived at 3am, bumper to bumper on a fifth-wheel 3 car hauler pulled by a pick up truck. I called to complain and got, "well you got your car didnt you?". Oh well! I decided that I would never transport again. Now I have a trailer and a truck of my own. I'll just pick up my own shit!