Register now to get rid of these ads!

1928 Ford Model A tudor?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Trent_A, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Trent_A

Trent_A

2. If you like the 28-29 tudor, its not bad...It depends on what your building..Full Fender or open...good bodys are getting harder to find, and that one does not look to bad..but as always look it over real good , based on your skill sets and then decide if your willing to pay that...it's not what it is worth, but what is it worth to YOU...

3. floored

floored

If all your going to use is the body it may not be the best deal. There seems to be alot of old model A stuff up your way so you may find a better deal on a body only. But if you want to go full fender or old style banger it's not a bad deal at all.

Ron

4. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

thats about what they are going for like that in my neck of the woods..
    depending upon your project direction..you may only be getting a body and frame (to build) for that kinda money...but Model A's dont grow on trees, and they arnt bulding them anymore (no surprise) so it comes down to the one thing..is it what you want, can you do it?..you will probably recover only 3 or 400 dollars selling off the stuff you dont need or want, so you have a 3,000$ purchase there unless you can work a better deal with the guy, and i would suggest you try getting him to go for 2800$..see if he takes it, show him the money..it might be all he needs to make the deal a good one for you.

5. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

I would put a value of $2500 on that at most. What is of value is the body, fenders, hood, frame. Tough to value those parts and come up with more than $2500. Does it come with title, probably not?

I passed on two tudor bodies to make one for $1000 a couple months back. They were in rougher shape but gives a comparison. Remember they are Tudors, not coupes.

Neal

6. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

My wife bought me mine for $800. No frame or driveline. All the body parts are there. I think $2500 for that one's about right.

7. Trent_A

Trent_A

I must be a cheap bastard ....
    I was thinking it's worth around $1500.
    Looks like I better save my pennies.
    thanks guys...

8. RETROD

RETROD

I was stationed at Grand Forks AFB for a time. There was and maybe still is a surprising amount of early iron in that region. They don't use salt on the roads, not effective, too cold! Found my 58 Apache there.
    Good Luck.
    Mark

9. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

The rear of that roof looks rotted away.