Register now to get rid of these ads!

what year is this front end off of???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51fleetline, Oct 8, 2009.

1. 51fleetline

51fleetline

2. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

3. 51fleetline

51fleetline

my friend has a 35 and it has different lights and a different grill??? maybe a different model???

4. F&J

F&J

looks like a 35 master series. master is the big series with independent suspension, bigger fenders than standard

5. 51fleetline

51fleetline

well my friend wants to trade me this 35 for my 53 chevy 210 4 door...the bad about this car...front and back windows are custom made...so is the dash...steering wheel and running boards......is it still worth it???

6. 51fleetline

51fleetline

7. 51fleetline

51fleetline

8. superbeeme

superbeeme
    from georgia

It's hard to say. what shape is the 210 in?

9. LEMMING249

LEMMING249

Body looks like a 36, Hood sides are 36 also I think with a 35 standard grille shell, morphadite headlights and a weird ass bumper? The windshield is definitely not '35 to me but more like a 36 sedan. Old customizer special?

10. LEMMING249

LEMMING249

Or..........Maybe a 35 Master Deluxe?

11. squirrel

squirrel

looks like 53 chevy parts were grafted on it?

12. 51fleetline

51fleetline

yup my 53 needs paint and interior work...and rechrome all the goodies

13. Love the running boards. Boards, get it?

14. 51fleetline

51fleetline

haha...good thing it has the steel under the wood...

15. SANTO_DIABLO

SANTO_DIABLO

I would trade, do it! 53 4-doors are everywhere.

16. 53 Chevy hubcaps......and dash. At least he kept it in the family.
    Running boards definitely appear to be wood.

Otherwise maybe not too bad if it runs and drives OK.

17. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Thirty five master deluxe - you can tell because it has all four doors suicide hinged. Thirty six had the same basic body with normally hinged doors and different front sheet metal. One thing to check for on this car is the shape of the door wood. This is the last Chevy to have lots of wood. Give each door a good up and down shake and see if it's loose and where. The structure that the hinges bolt into is wood as well, so if this is loose be careful. The sad fact is that if the wood in this car is original, problems are going to manifest themselves pretty quick after it is on the road. A good friend of mine bought one of these years ago that was a very clean low milage stocker. We did a basic Mustang 11, 350/350 type rod, (great fit by the way) and off he went. after about two months thing went down hill quick. Doors literally fell off, cowl sepperated from the sub rails(more wood) as every thing loosened. It was a shame to take all of the original and nice interior out, but we ended up replacing all the wood with steel. Just something to be aware of .

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  18. 51fleetline

51fleetline

thanx..i think the guy who had it before replaced the frame with another chevy frame...and right now the doors dont close good...so i guess i have to check it out to see whats up with that....other than that the car runs good w/ a straight six three speed tranny....

19. Rockit53

Rockit53
    from Berwyn, IL
    1. 37-38 Chevys

If the doors don't open or close well, than you probably have a lot of work ahead of you. The wood probably needs to be replaced. Maybe the body isn't installed properly on the frame? I love 35-36 chevs, but I haven't found one that isn't in need of major work. I've found that people have "replaced" the wood with steel and when they realize the doors don't open or close without alot of effort they try to sell them. It's sad, because they are beautiful cars. I keep looking though.

20. 51fleetline

51fleetline

cool..thanx anyway...im not gonna buy it so if you guys know anybody who wants one...it comes w/ a bill of sale and located in el paso texas. he wants 4000 for it.

21. The question is: "Is the trade worth it to YOU???"

22. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

It IS a 1935 Chevrolet MAster 4door sedan and they are wood structured BUT they wren't the last ones. The bulk of 1936 Chevrolet production were wood-structured as well, all of the 1936 Master series and most of the Standard series except for some 36 Standard only series 2door sedans, 4door sedans, and a handful of coupes.

23. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

It is a victim of a 50s model frame swap and has saggy or poorly operating doors and an absolutely awful 50s model windshield/upper cowl transplant...uh, wait...had to puke... stay away from it.

If it doesn't have a title that matches the car, stay away from it.

From what I can see in these pics it is a throw-together-to-sell car anyway. The "fancy" paint and wooden riveted door panels are "custom" touches to hide the bad and ugly and take advantage of those who don't know old cars.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  24. Ghost28

Ghost28

The question is why would a car finished, even in that condition only have a bill of sale atached to it. kinda scary why someone would build a car without first getting a title for it. Maybe nothing is wrong but I would stay away from it. And it would have to be blown apart and totally redone to be right. $4000.00 Naw

25. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

pasadenahotrod you are right about '36s having tons of wood as well. It is a shame though as I've always liked the '35-'36 body style.

26. adamabomb76

adamabomb76
    from York, Pa

Here is my worthless take. It looks like a modified Chevy hood '36-38, and a '32 Ford commercial grill shell w/a unknown doner for the actual grill. It looks like it might be aluminum. The fenders might have been LaSalle at one point, but aren't anymore. Play-doh does wonders. Second take on the fenders...probably Hudson.