Register now to get rid of these ads!

History NHRA Junior Stock

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by colesy, Aug 12, 2007.

1. 56 Pontiac I/SA

56 Pontiac I/SA
    from Maryland

2. Head NED

Head NED
    from York, PA

I would love to see a whole row of Sedan Deliveries' at York in 2010. The show is
    going to be an unforgettable one, you can count on it. Darwin Doll

3. Head NED

Head NED
    from York, PA

I would love to see a whole row of Sedan Deliveries' at York in 2010.
    The show is going to be a unforgettable one, you can count on it.
    Darwin Doll

4. To All;
    I just got great news from Darwin Doll," The Head Ned" hisself.
    Bob McCardel,owner of Beaver Springs Dragway, is going to put on a Junior Stock Spectacular on sunday July 11 following the two days at Darwin's show!!!!!! I hope that all of you that are talking about doing or finishing cars will sincerly follow through on bringing them to the show. Make sure you register now. Darwin has to be able to plan on who and how many are going to be there. I realize that you are spread out all over the U.S.,but those that are close should go.
    Tom Larson had to almost drag me by my shirt collar to get me to the show in '08.{and he is big enough to do so}. He would call me each year and remind me that the show is coming up. My reply always was the same " but Tom, I am 13 hours away".
    I can only tell you what I have said a number of times before about finally going. I HAD A BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The topper was the following day at Beaver Springs Dragway, Bob McCardel treated me like I was John Force. He could not do enough for me, and we had never met before. I have to tell you that you will regret it if you miss it. I only hope that Pete, Tom Mc, Tom L, Bill, John M, and all the rest of you can be their.
    Remember that this show will only be as strong as the Junior Stockers that support it.
    Whether you go or don't your financial support would really help the show.If you want more info on that contact Darwin @ [email protected] or if you prefer you could contact me and I will do what I can.
    Also in sending my entry I found out that I am #101 the first offical entry for this years show.

5. Head NED

Head NED
    from York, PA

There will be a large version of it at York for the Tribute to Junior Stock.
    And serious, you bet! Darwin Doll

6. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

I am 'only' about 4 hours away from York. "Super Tom" Larson, big guy indeed :), reminded me but I got sidetracked and missed the event. Next year, God willing, I will mark the event on my calendar--that way I won't get 'sidetracked'--and attend! I suggest others do the same. It would be my sincere pleasure to meet fellow H.A.M.B. members.

Regards,

Pete

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  7. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

8. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

[​IMG]

Who's the driver?

Pete

P.S. Supposedly it's not Ron Garey.

9. vh1950

vh1950

If anyone is looking for a junior stocker, look @ racingjunk.com ads #1620747 & 1620703.

I am trying to sell for a friend, car is complete, does run, brakes work, 283 w/cast iron powerglide, also has a hydro, Stahl headers, Duffy's pistons. Most info is on the ads, he is getting ready to leave for Florida for winter, will not be available again till spring.

PM for more info.

Thanks Vic

10. 56 Pontiac I/SA

56 Pontiac I/SA
    from Maryland

11. SundayNiagara

SundayNiagara

12. 5096PS

5096PS
    from iowa

Just joined here ,and as a "stock/super stock" guy,,i gotta comment and give a thumbs up on all the cool pictures from the past posted on this site. I've had bracket cars,and raced my biscayne for years in o/s and p/s,,but returning to the old jr. Stock days would be so cool.class eliminations at indy is what drag racing is truly about. Nothing like the ol door slammers!!!

13. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

Welcome to the thread!

Pete

14. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

15. SundayNiagara

SundayNiagara

Who's driving the 'Vette?

16. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

"Who's driving the 'Vette?"

I dunno...it's hard to make out the name on the door. To me it looks like it sez: Owned, Tuned & Campaigned by George Spurr and Paul Vincenzes.

Pete

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  17. sinistri

sinistri
    from reading pa

Got a pile of polaroids all dated june/july 1971 some of the cars im not familiar with ... but there are some of the usual suspects... anyone recognize em???

Attached Files:

18. sinistri

sinistri
    from reading pa

continued...

Attached Files:

19. sinistri

sinistri
    from reading pa

more...

Attached Files:

20. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

Some great photos there, Roger. Thanks for sharing!

Pete

21. Roger ,
    The black dodge is Bob Pazos ,a Tritak built car that was very competitive.

Dom

22. Roger
    The blue/green '64 plymouth running against Larry is Franz Messerschmidt out of PA.

Dom

23. Roger,
    Forgot to ask. Did your dad take all these pictures? I never formally met him, but anytime I saw him at the track he ways always up to his elbows in a car.

Dom

24. Pete,
    Nice avitar. With Sox and Martin you can't go wrong.
    Also, you better be at the show in July. Looking forward to meeting you.

Dom

25. SundayNiagara

SundayNiagara

Lemme look thru my image files, I might have that one.

Mark

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  26. For anyone that knew him, I just learned that Lou Vignognva From the Hopewell Junction area of NY passed away at age 63.

He was well known for some hard running Chrysler Superstocks, but like the rest of us started out as a junior stocker.

Dom

27. Head NED

Head NED
    from York, PA

This car belongs on display at the Central Penna. Modelers display at the
    9th Annual Musclecar Madness show in York on July 9-10, 2010. You're
    invited to participate and we would love to see the car for real!
    Darwin Doll

28. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

Thanks Dom.

Dom's a big guy; when he sez: "you better be at the the show" you have only one choice. :)

Lord willing, I WILL BE THERE.

Regards,

Pete

29. For those thinking about going to Beaver Springs for Darwin's Junior stock event check out threads here from Jalopy Showdown Drags. That is a FUN place to race. I may have to pop the Lancers off my Fury put some shoe polish on the windows and make a pass or two.

30. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

Yes, I heard...a real bummer. Way too young. I didn't know Lou started out with a Junior Stocker. I best remember him for his A-990 1965 Plymouth HEMI Super Stocker. I saw it run many times at Englishtown.

Here's a photo taken by yours truly of Lou during happier times at Raceway Park on one overcast Saturday afternoon back in early November 1989.

[​IMG]

R.I.P. Lou.

Pete