Register now to get rid of these ads!

Your Hunnert Car Pile Up Weather Forcast and Safety

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodChassis, Oct 5, 2009.

1. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Ok everybody, as predicted, we used up all our warm weather points at last years Pile Up. The horribly inaccurate weather prediction is for 60 degrees (roughly) both Friday and Saturday for the high.

As always, the Czars are concerned about safety at the show, and have these suggestions. For having a great time, please be bring that warm hoodie, jacket and hat, gloves for the girls or men that have cold, arthritic digits (that's you and me Hellfish). If you have them with you, and dress warm, the show will be a blast. For those that don't, I'm sure several of the vendors will have coats and hoodies for sale. There's also a Walmart (although I don't condone shopping there) just off Rt. 47 on the east side of the road just South of I80.

DRINK WATER, even though it's not 85 degrees. Last year, we had three injuries. And all three resulted from not drinking WATER. One was a man in his 70's that had had NOTHING to drink all day. Let alone a beer. You can still become dehydrated, regardless of how hot it is. It's a long day, and for most of you that will start at 6 or 7 in the morning (or earlier). Please bring some water, buy some water or whatever and drink a couple of bottles along with your favorite barley pop.

Anyone with kids, a girlfriend or an older fellow hot rodder, keep an eye on them. If the weatherman is wrong, (and those that were at the show two years ago will remember the 49 degree day,) it could be colder. Hopefully, he is wrong, and it'll be 75!

As always, we'll have medical people on hand. If you notice someone not doing so well, please let a Czar or Volunteer know. Or just come up to the command area where the ambulance will be stationed.

Thanks in advance to everyone who's coming, and remember, HAVE A GREAT, SAFE SHOW!

-Ray Gun out.

2. Thanks, I brought some cold weather gear out just for such an emergency

3. hotrod34truck

hotrod34truck

just checked the weather says high of about 58 and sunny so it shouldnt be to bad now sunday for all those people goin to the swap meet it says 44 and rain which i hope not because i set up there

4. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Hey 60's not bad you all getting soft now :D I'll have my shorts on! The second pileup ,now that was cold and rainy! Didn't that one guy from TN drive a 29 roadster with no top or heat that year!

5. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Oh, PAY ATTENTION ON THE MAIN ROAD! I was three cars behind a guy that totalled his little white Ford exploder last year. I was scared that he smashed into the back of a Hot Rod, luckily he hit a late model pickup or something.

6. charkol

charkol

dam the one year i have to bring the kiddos looks like im breakin out the winter coats

7. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Ray Gun, You guys always run a first class show, and taking the time to post this warning is more of the same.

I couldn't believe how many times the ambulance came cruising through the show last year to attend to people.

Will drink heavily this year to ward off the demons (lol!!!)

Seriously, nice job to all of you guys and gals that make this happen. The show is a personal favorite and we will be there bright and early waiting for the gates to swing open.

8. Slate

Slate

oi, looking at weather.com, high about 51/ low 38... gettin' closer to 2007 numbers.

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The second Pileup was 2003 and myself and Roadstar cruzed out from Detroit in his '32 roadster with no top. It was nice that year.

10. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

it was cold the last time I drove the Ranchero to the hunnert- 07... its called the Alberta Clipper. haha.

Tuck

11. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

If my arthritic digits get cold ,I'll just stick them down Plowboy's pants to warm them up.

12. Yeah... that was a treat. We had two guys with issues at the same time... so the paramedics we have on site took care of the first dude... I called 911 for the 2nd dude.....

They were like "You know you already have a paramedic there, right?" I responded, "ummm... yeah... he's already busy" The lady on the phone was flabbergasted.

But Morris EMS and Sheriff's office both rule - they take very good care of us.

13. thepoz57

thepoz57

no reason to not bring a jug of water... its always a good idea to have water with you when cruisin. Cars break down, and if you gotta be there a while, you might be in trouble without water.

14. magnet

magnet

The special olympics folks will be there selling pop and water.. be sure to buy some and support a good cause.. and hydrate yourself :)