Register now to get rid of these ads!

John's Rod N Custom Picnic PICS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Aushotrods, Oct 31, 2004.

1. [ QUOTE ]
    hell everyone else misses out! shit I was in my own car and you cant even see me

[/ QUOTE ]

That was kinda freaky! Sorry 'bout that Corey....Maybe Boris' head swelled during the day??

2. Adam F

Adam F

Nice tunnel shot, but isn't it a little early for Santa's Elves to be out???

Adam F

3. Well here's some more pics from Johns Picnic. Better late than never.

Some of my favourites
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. 53burb

53burb

Let me tell ya are HAMB'rs from down under,you guys got the shit going on! Nice ride. I like the all metal merc myself. That is the shit! KNUX Fair dinkum, mate!

5. I'll have all the shots of the girls by tomorrow night I hope...hehe.

Missed lots of cars but saw lots of chix..hehe

*hic*

6. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Heyy Shaun/Sean? thanks for the images. It is always to hectic for me to see much at the picnic, so thanks for the images. I almost forgot about the Hamb gathering, but made it just in time for Brootal to wield his photograhic magic for the downunder HAMBer group mug shot.
    Glad you got one of the tool boxes from the model display. Nothing wrong with a bit of graft and corruption to keep the cool things I make in the HAMB family!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] No seriously I didn't know that model was your's ( actually I thought it may have been one of K&Rs ).
    Was a good weekend for me, hectic as hell on Sunday. But as Pedro said, late on the Sunday when nearly everyone has gone is a quiet time for a few of us who were still there to gather and just chat! Geoff aka Whodaky

7. aedan

aedan
    from ###

i love that bare metal merc and that flaked model a [​IMG]

8. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

Hey,Great photos.It,s good to see some tasteful stuff from the mother country!!.Tony Kuchels chopped F100 is a sweet piece.Is the flake A coupe the glass one from Dandenong or is that another one? The chopped 39 tudor was built by a friend Mick Ellis(He was there with his 34 hiboy roadster) with Keith Stamp doing all the metalwork.I supplied taillights and other stuff for the car.

9. Aushotrods

Aushotrods

[ QUOTE ]
    The chopped 39 tudor was built by a friend Mick Ellis(He was there with his 34 hiboy roadster) with Keith Stamp doing all the metalwork.I supplied taillights and other stuff for the car.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Mick Ellis doesnt own it anymore, but the guy who does is having TOO much fun in it [​IMG] Didn't see Micks 34 there, but then again I didnt see a lot of cars. [​IMG]
    OK heres a couple more shots, i wish geoshities would get their arse into gear!
    New 32 Tudor, was REAL nice but the rear tyres are a bit too big for the car IMHO
    [​IMG]
    Ex Darryl Harvey Roadster. One of the poineers of Australian Hot Rodding. Basically unchanged since the 60's
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The guys lookin at this Tudor were touching and knocking all over it to see if it was 'real'....There are dents all over the sucker?!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Loved the paint on this.
    [​IMG]

10. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

I won the muffler rap. and deafened some children [​IMG]
    these two were scrubbers, but that car behind em is alright.

Attached Files:

11. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

Yep,I know Mick doesn,t own it anymore,But it was his vision.He was there Sunday in the roadster.He,s now building a 34 3-window drag car.At least he will not get a large speeding ticket in the coupe!!

12. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

The tudor is graeme Blaby's from Warragul Sean and yes Steve that is Greg Ford's (Dandenong or there abouts ) 'A 'coupe, it has had a rebuild has been channeled more, I believe the engine is a new also. Those boys like their hot rods kind of on the wild side, real good guys when you get to know them! Geoff aka Whodaky
    Hey Sean, you really know your stuff for a young guy!!!1

13. flatoz

flatoz

MAN!!

how much had you drunk lowsquire!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

if you were hanging around with the likes of that [​IMG]

Hey adam, some of us dont own a roof! so you need to provide your own [​IMG]

14. flatoz

flatoz

Oh I nearly forgot...

A BIG thanks to Whodaky for runnin' some lines, man I was out there in the shed staring at them tonight, mesmerised [​IMG] only one thing to say...

COOL AS SHIT!!!!

Geoff your the man!

15. And a big thanks to my mate Joe (owns the injected flattie powered red 32 roadster above) who stole my cruiser bike and got it striped by Paul Quaiff from the SPades...

Sorry i ddint meet you whodaky, kept and eye out all day.

Flatoz...we have better chick pics!!

=]

16. Well cats.....I didnt get to see SHIT !! I got a buddy to pick me up at 9.00 AM...then we swung past another mates and picked him up too...

So we're motoring down the freeway in his '62 Bel Air...and the 350's fucking NEW water pump bearing let go...and NO the belt wasnt too tight. WTF ??

SO were stuck on the freeway...we managed to limp into the closest servo, top it up, limped into Dandy and picked up another pump at Carac....then off to my mates workshop which luckily was close by.

By the time we replaced the pump and all that shit....we hit the Picnic at arounf 2.30 -3.00pm or so....by which time a lot of cars had already split !! FUCK....

So I missed the mug shot at 1.30....and a lot of kool rides I saw makin' their way home while we were kroozing in.

Still by far the biggest Picnic...AND the LAST one i'll be attending without my rod as next year it'll be there, with Flatoz's, Psycho Boi's and Adam F's flathead powered rides....

And Whodaky....you'll have heaps of baby blue primered Deuce canvas to work with...that is, if you want to!! [​IMG]

Rat [​IMG]

See you then...

17. plmczy

plmczy

Thanks for the pics. That kustom F100 is real nice. Both the black and steel mercs are cool. Very nice cars all around. later plmczy

18. jimbob

jimbob

Please don't put that shot of Brootal in Flatoz's roadster in the HAMB calender, he gets to much exposure over here as it is [​IMG] [​IMG]

Good shot tho.

Cheers and beers
    Jimbob

19. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Hey Mai Ki-Ki, yeah a shame our pathes didn't cross. Only got to say a brief hi to Paul and Beau, I would have liked to talk a while with them.
    But the picnic is always a blur for me, to much talking and only a little bit of striping ( could have striped the whole time I am there, but to me that would be no fun). It is good to get the opportunity to display my stuff for those who may like to look at it.
    Flatoz, the little piece I did on your neat ol hot rod was a real pleasure for me to do. You know, I think we did it at the best time of the event. At a time when all the pressure was off and a few of us could just hang out. A time when the ol Whodaky could bore you guys with a few of his hot rod experiences. Always good to catch up with friends and I hadn't seen Brootal for a number of years.
    Rat if you want me to do some stuff on your coupe, just tell me where and when. But I got to tell you, there are better people around than me. If you do want something done, I would prefer to do it not necessarily at an event. Somewhere more relaxed, because I think you hot rod deserves something special!
    I got to go Geoff aka Whodaky
    I'm with you Jimbob, on the Brootal thing. But I think it is because he's such a pretty boy!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. Mootz

Mootz

Beautiful pics and beautiful cars. Looks like a blast.

Mootz

21. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Steve , Tony doesn't own the F100 any longer. He had it for sale a while back. He actually wanted to do a deal on my F100. But as much as I liked his I could not see me in it as my daily driver/work ute. So a guy from Melbourne bought it Tony's. It was cheap too, around 25K I believe.
    Geoff aka Whodaky

22. 55olds88

55olds88

Great Pics guys, looks like it was a bit drier then last year, wish I was rich enough to have gone..... looks like y'all had a good weekend, some very cool cars there, we need to take a leaf on the Kustoms, slim on the ground over hear.

23. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

that 56 chev convert makes me feel all funny inside.

24. Hahahaha... Nice one Peddro. Where the hell did Flatoz go though? I know he's short, but... [​IMG]

Here's some of my pics...(mainly repeated from the HRI site)

Flatoz was kind enough to let me stay at his place for the entire weekend. He also let me drink some of his fancy-ass poofter beer, as well as some of his mucho flavoursome Wild Turkey. [​IMG]

This is Flatoz's nice shiny red car.

[​IMG]

...and the mighty Weiand equipped, Fenton two pot, bog stock flatty. She goes alright with that high tech 5-speed behind it. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

We did have a bit of a drama, but considering the entire back half of the car was in pieces on Monday night due to the fact Flatoz was C'ing the chassis, it was a good effort.

[​IMG]

Here's rat bastad doing his best Johnny Depp impersonation... or maybe he's trying to figure out how to fit that Y-block into his coupe!

[​IMG]

The man hisself doing some hammer welding...

[​IMG]

What's that Carps was saying about me getting in the way of his photos?

[​IMG]

and again...

[​IMG]

and again...

[​IMG]

All I was trying to dowas get a photo of this!

[​IMG]

Some of the guys BSing...

[​IMG]

The Tina-Special doing its thing in the dark!

[​IMG]

The ROD DRIVER(tm) LOL

[​IMG]
    Photo courtesy of Flatoz

Outback's jalopy...

[​IMG]

Mucho Kool Koop...

[​IMG]

Geoff "Whodaky" Rea's much travelled and much patina'd Deuce Coupe. This car has been to the salt 9 TIMES!!!

[​IMG]

Matt Egan's brother owns this cool wagon.

[​IMG]

I like this...

[​IMG]

Love the trim...

[​IMG]

The gang...

[​IMG]
    L-R: Glen, Brootal, Whodaky (kneeling), Peddro, Flatoz, Stovebolt.
    Absent: Shitload of people who forgot about daylight saving! [​IMG]

25. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Boris, you are not alone, big brother is watching; well at the very least Corey is! Or maybe that should be senior sergent Corey? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Geoff aka Whodaky
    [​IMG]

26. Sounds' like there was no Rain?.Yeah that's my luck the
    year i don't go it's not pissing down with rain.
    Looked like a really good weekend.Thank's for the foto's,
    Hope to get there next year.Hope to catchup with all the hamber's next year...

K.s.K. [​IMG]

27. flatoz

flatoz

right of reply!! [​IMG]

THIS was what the roadster looked like on monday night about midnight, after all I pulled a few hours so you could tour around on your birthday in a dirty2 roadster, hell that would be enough for some [​IMG] [​IMG]

Oh and the domestic swill will go beautifully with a slice of lemon...

Attached Files:

28. flatoz

flatoz

I should have pointed out that the top photo by brootal the barber boy was taken friday afternoon.

and I am watching!!!

just I'm down here [​IMG] [​IMG]

29. flatoz

flatoz

heres the big fella at the end of the day, just saying

"g'day" the aussie way ( you can tell that because he has a smile on his face [​IMG])

Attached Files:

30. [ QUOTE ]
    right of reply!! [​IMG]

THIS was what the roadster looked like on monday night about midnight, after all I pulled a few hours so you could tour around on your birthday in a dirty2 roadster, hell that would be enough for some [​IMG] [​IMG]

Oh and the domestic swill will go beautifully with a slice of lemon...

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry mate, I appreciated it. Problem is, now I've got roadster-itis and I don't think there's a cure!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]