Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Our Icons of Speed & Style Weekend Adventure

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

great post, makes me feel like I was there....

2. You travel in the best circles. :)

3. HEBE GB

HEBE GB

No,Bobs not thinking about hamburgers.
    [​IMG]

4. WOW! so glad you where able to relay all this fun to us. Unfortunatley my computer blew a gasket trying to download all the pictures! Yikes!:eek::eek:

The green Olds is the absolute bomb! The candi-stripe interior is to die for!!
    JT

5. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

DANG! I think I just found out where one of my old carvings ended up!

6. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Great thread, Denise -- Thank you! Looks like you guys had another amazing trip to California :cool:

(haven't had much time on here lately, so finally catching up!)

Malcolm

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Sunday morning we slept in abit then packed up the car and headed out. Since our flight didn't leave till 10:30pm we had all day and all evening to hang out. Before we headed to the car show in Burbank I wanted to head back to Hollywood adn the DSW shoe store we had seen earlier.

A couple last shots of our Bed & Breakfast before we left
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love driving around and checking out the different houses in differnet parts of the country. I really liked this one.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A neat statue in Hollywood
    [​IMG]

As we were driving around looking for a parking spot I noticed a couple of nice hotels in the area and one of them was right next door to an In & Out burger place. Might be an area we want to stay in the future when we're looking for a place close to some night time activity.
    [​IMG]

Before we found a spot we found ANOTHER shoe store....Scott is such a trooper! Thanks bud!
    [​IMG]

So we finally made it back over to Hollywood Blvd, parked and started walking around.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You folks that live in California have to KNOW you've got some strange people there right??
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

We then headed over to Johnny Carson Park in Burbank for alittle car show they had going on.
    [​IMG]

The HAMB folks had their own little section
    [​IMG]

Chris AKA Dreadman's
    [​IMG]

Rudy AKA Rudog
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

EmilyBelle's very cool Nash
    [​IMG]

SloppySeconds
    [​IMG]

Brad Masterson's
    [​IMG]

There were TWO 1950 Olds Holiday Coupes there....just one at a small show like this would have been unusal
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

While we were looking around at the cars I stopped by this little craft booth that had these car themed pillowcases.....I bought two and they look great on my bed. Sweet hot rod dreams are coming my way.:D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A few of us walked over to get these Italian icy brain freeze things. They were extremely cold and freshing.....and Brian's was blue........kinda looks like he blew a smurf. :D
    [​IMG]

Ladies of the HAMB
    Megan, Emily and myself. Emily I really enjoyed chatting with you. Congrats on the engagement. I'm really happy for the both of you. I'll see ya again in Jan. Maybe at that point us gals can do lunch or something together.
    [​IMG]

John AKA TimeBomb's....I just LOVE the color of his ride
    [​IMG]

We bid our Burbank area car pals a fond farewell and headed south to the Torrence area. Roby AKA RBRoadster and AJ AKA F-Bomb, moved from KY to California in March and we missed them terribly so we wanted to stop by, see their place, and hang out.
    [​IMG]

We got there and folks were milling around the driveway area
    [​IMG]

Which by the way had an AWESOME view!
    [​IMG]

I was greated by one of the two cute puppies
    [​IMG]

The boys had been working on Roby's Lincoln all day
    [​IMG]

Paul looked wiped out....and alittle dirty...thanks for not hugging us:D
    [​IMG]

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Roby had help Brian AKA CrazyBackyardBuilder yesterday when his fan took a dumped on the way to Harvey's Broiler and got injured. Ouch :eek:
    [​IMG]

A couple of supervisors
    [​IMG]

AJ and the two puppies
    [​IMG]

One of which loves to swim
    [​IMG]

By now the boys are finished and the Lincoln needs a test drive so AJ moves her Falcon
    [​IMG]

The rear bumper has room for not only a couple of passengers but talk was of a BBQ there as well....hey, don't we know someone at "Pimp My Ride"?:D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seems like everything was good to go
    [​IMG]

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

After hanging out a bit we all headed to Seal Beach to a BBQ resturant that came highly recommended by Paul and his lovely wife Lupe.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I said it before but it bares repeating, there is not a better way to get to know someone then to spend time chatting over a meal. It was the perfect evening. I really enjoyed Lupe's company and getting to know her and Paul better. What a great couple. We had alot in common and I am really looking forward to seeing them again and spending more time together.
    [​IMG]

The food was extremely yummy, the best we had all weekend. The portions were HUGE, neither of us could eat it all and both Megan and I carried our leftovers onto the plane.
    Hey Mark....enjoy your Famous Dave's BBQ tonight.:D
    [​IMG]

We sadly bid our pals goodbye with promises to visit again soon. We stopped at the beach for a quick look see and photo. Regular visitors to our adventure threads might remember similiar photos of me and Megan on different beaches around California. I've gotta ad, I just LOVE this area of SoCal. I just love the little shopping area of Seal Beach and the type of housing in this area and it doesn't seem to be as crowded and hectic as the areas just alittle bit north. I really want to spend more time in this area in the future.
    [​IMG]

We dropped the rental off, got to the airport, got our boarding passes, and went thru security....well Scott and I made it thru security.:D Normally it's me getting pulled aside for one reason or another, this time they got Megan.:eek: I guess they didn't like her intake in her carry on so they made her go back and check her bag.
    [​IMG]

Scott and I were already on the plane and had been seated for awhile when Megan finally made it. I was nervous she wasn't going to make it in time. Anyway the flight was booked solid, seat were squishy, I didn't get much sleep, landed back in Detroit and rolled into my driveway at 6:10am. I was at work by 8am:eek: Rough day on Monday but it was all worth it and I'd do it again in a heartbeat!:D

Thanks again to ALL our SoCal pals for once again making our visit so special. We really enjoy spending time with everyone and we look forward to many, many more hot rod adventures with everyone again real soon.

12. fww32

fww32

Great pics thank you.

13. It was great to finally meet you in person. Sorry we couldn't spend more time talking. Still can't believe I gave up early on a couple of bids and lost cars way to cheap - stupid on my part ......

14. oil'n'rust

oil'n'rust
    from NewZealand

[​IMG]

how many times has Emily heard " I've got one you can buzz" ??

15. Brian W

Brian W

Denise, Ya just had to bring the Smurfs into this didn't you!? ha ha ha I immediately regretted choosing the blue brain freeze!!

16. cruzr

cruzr

I am sitting here at home wishing i could have bought the green 49 olds at the auction..........who bought it???

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Why are you regretting it?? Didn't you look at the photos and description of it? The car was from MN and was rotted. It sold for $26,000 and was not worth half of that. We were seriously shocked it went that high.

18. I like that little yellow 57 chevy, probably because I built a model of it..

19. EmilyBelle

EmilyBelle

It was great to see you guys! We'll see you at GNRS!!!!!

20. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Good to meet and see everybody again, it was a weekend to remember, glad you had a good time.

21. David Totten

David Totten

I Cant believe it bought more money then the La Jolla which to me was the buy of the auction,

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  22. Ned_Gob

Ned_Gob

This thread was very cool to come across even though it's 2+ years ago.

23. 64crump

64crump
    from Alta Loma

Wow Denise, what a great thread. I guess someone opened it and I saw it today. I have been, as you say Lurking around here for a while, but never joined before, as I did not have the time. I signed on a couple of months ago, and do not sleep much, cannot stop, and still do not have the time.

I thought about posting some of my pictures from this auction, but found this thread today. So you saved me a few hours of posting. I have read it from top to bottom, and was able to relive some of the day at the auction. But your adventures are amazing though.

I was sitting next to this lady and her husband?? boyfriend, who were bidding on lots of stuff. When she won the Harry Bradley La Jolla, I leaned over and asked, "Do you know what you just bought?!!!". Obviously Holly knew. I was just amazed to be sitting next to the people buying this stuff.

The first Roth trike went for only about 3k, so i figured i had enough on my credit card to bid on the American Beetle, which was the last lot of the day. I started bidding, and the guy that was sitting next to me earlier kept bidding higher. At about $3500 (probably my next bid) i gave up, as it was Scott, who had just bought the Druid Princess among others, who was bidding against me. Dammit Man!!! Did not know about Mark bidding?

I did get a couple of Moon Tanks, and an Dragstar intake for the Nailhead, which was actually for a Hemi. Still Pissed off about the trike though.

Thanks for the thread, hope some new people get a chance to see it. Funny to see all the cars I recognize, and faces of people here on the HAMB

Here is a link to my photos if anyone is interested:
    http://s585.photobucket.com/albums/ss293/64crump/RM-IconsSpeedStyle/

24. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

At the end of the auction I went up to Holly and congratulated her so at that time you and I were probably an arms length away from each other.

I'd sure like to get my hands on the LaJolla. I'd be driving it to every car event from here to CA and back.

25. 64crump

64crump
    from Alta Loma

What did Scott do with the American Beetle trike? Is that who won it? I heard that he sold the Druid Princess before he even left the building.

26. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I don't know any of the answers. Since Holly moved from Michigan I don't see her as often as I'd like and since I won't be attending the Detroit Autorama this year, I won't see her there. I don't know when I'll see her but when I do I'll get an update then PM you.

27. DannyBrent28Sedan

DannyBrent28Sedan

I want those t shirts as my car is on one!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app