Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The 1955-1956 Plymouth and Dodge Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MrBelvedere2, Feb 12, 2009.

1. That is sweet!

2. SteppinOut

SteppinOut

Does anyone know if the door windows on a 56 plymouth 4 door sedan are interchangeable with those on a 55 plymouth 4 door sedan.

Also do I need to remove more than just the glass from the donor car, like should I take the whole window mechanism out of the door that the glass is attached to.

Thanks in advance.

3. rrunner

rrunner
    from florida

Hey look, I have a back glass, thks to ramrod36. THANKS Larry!!!!

Attached Files:

4. sololobo

sololobo

John, nice tailgate window!! I am still in search for the same, the one I thought I could get is not for sale, complete car only, do I need three of these? NO!! So I am still looking, let me know if the one you knew about is still out there. Need the pushbutton shift box also. Took my driver Suburban to the Greaserama in K.C over labor day and had a blast, only 56 Plymouth there, lots of other cool MoPar stuff however. I am a lousy picture taker so sorry no photos. ~Sololobo~

5. MrBelvedere2

MrBelvedere2
    from Davis, CA

Wow that is a sweet looking dodge, nicely done motor too, i want to know what vintage air kit he put in....

congrats on finding the back glass RRunner!!

6. MrBelvedere2

MrBelvedere2
    from Davis, CA

any other 56 plymouth guys going to to billetproof in antioch sept 19th? or will i be the only one there?

7. unclechop

unclechop

8. MrBelvedere2

MrBelvedere2
    from Davis, CA

So what's everyone been doing to they're Plymouths lately? I myself am about to rebuild my generator as it fried right when i got home from Billetproof.... I saw a couple nice 1955 Plymouths at Billetproof I will post some pics soon!

9. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

Sold my Dodge finally.

10. rrunner

rrunner
    from florida

Just collecting parts here. All efforts are on my 68 Road Runner right now.

11. SteppinOut

SteppinOut

I am trying to figure out if the three piece chrome trim on the leading edge of the hood is the same on a 55 Plymouth as on a 56 Plymouth. Does anyone know for sure that these pieces are interchangeable? Thanks.

I guess it's obvious what I am working on - trying to gather all the parts to detail my car and get it running and ready for the road by next spring.:D

12. I'm pretty sure that they are the same on both years.

13. torch2099

torch2099
    from SoCal

the center pieces are a little different. the '56 has the plymouth crest, while the '55 does not.

14. RPM Ron

RPM Ron

the center piece on the 56 plaza was same as all the 55 center pieces - I personaly like the 55 the best

15. SteppinOut

SteppinOut

Thanks for your help , I actually already have the center piece and the passenger side but need the driver's side. I saw one for sale from a 56 and wanted to make sure it will work. Thanks again.:)

How long does it take to stop looking at your new project without smiling and/or drooling?

16. dart165

dart165

got a question for you guys...

who makes components for lowering these cars? i am working on a 55 Royal Lancer Conv right now and i'd like to go at least 2-3" lower with it. eventually, we may got he air ride route, but for now, I'm just looking to get it better stanced.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, you can respond here, or feel free to drop a comment on my build thread.

thanks in advance!

That black 55 is beautiful by the way. i have the opportunity to buy a blue on blue 55 royal hard top for super reasonable money right now... seeing cars like that black one make it very easy to forget that i don't have time space or money for anything more than i'm already sunk into.

17. wow...thought I was the crazy one after selling the hemi RR in the 80's and going back to the future...have a 56 Fury and a 56 D-500...56 Stude PU...anything making sense?

18. TrannyMan

TrannyMan

I'm still just driving mine. Still got the 500 inch motor to go in it but it drives so nice I am afraid of butchering it up...
    [​IMG]

19. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

My 55 is getting a photoshoot for the local paper.. a story on the Canadian 55 Dodge.. should be interesting..:)

20. ramrod36

ramrod36
    from Upstate NY

Dart165 - The route I took to lower my 55 suburban was with new springs from Eaton. My original rear springs had broken leafs so I needed new ones anyways. Eaton was able to provide new springs already dearched for a two inch lower stance. They also provided new front springs that drop the car about two inches also. A different approach but it worked for me.

21. ramrod36

ramrod36
    from Upstate NY

plodge---Once the article comes out would you shoot us a link so that we can check it out. I like your car and would enjoy reading more about it and its Canadian heritage. Thanks!!!

22. How was eatons prices????

23. ramrod36

ramrod36
    from Upstate NY

Eaton is not inexpensive but their product is first class. The rear springs were around $400 or so. Fronts were a deal as they used my originals for a pattern/reference. Very quick delivery. I used to have a local spring shop do my dearching but the owner retired at about 80 or so.

24. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Ramrod.. Will do.. I will post a link when it happens.. it wont be about me.. just the car and the canadian history.. Im not sure how many of the 2 dr Regents are out there.. but the Editor found it interesting enough .. we"ll see.. :)

25. MrBelvedere2

MrBelvedere2
    from Davis, CA

very nice car you have there Trannyman, Do i see disc brakes? what kit did you use for those? I also wonder about the 440 in the car, did you have any obstruction with the valve cover and the heater box?

26. MrBelvedere2

MrBelvedere2
    from Davis, CA

Also I was wondering if anyone knows of any bolt in aftermarket radiators for these cars, or if you have just used a unviversal aluminum radiator of some sort...looking into cooling options for my big block 56 Plymouth, it has an unknown radiator in it right now that does the job but is hacked together.

27. Squablow

Squablow

Here's a few pics of my newest project, this car is going to be combined with my sedan. That is a tree growing out of the engine compartment. If anyone within a day's drive has a pair of hardtop doors and a front seat for sale, I'm interested. I've done this type of swap before, should be well worth it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. so this is where all the 55s are i just bought a set of 55 tailights for my chevy, always liked them

29. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Squablow.. Thats a cool car.. HTF in any condition..