Register now to get rid of these ads!

Photochop this please!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roughidle, Oct 2, 2009.

1. roughidle

roughidle
    BANNED
    from iowa

Thinkin maybe a 2" or 3" chop. Take about 2" out of the hood starting at the cowl moving out to the front of the hood. Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. 55chieftan

55chieftan
    from Maryland

Couldn't do the hood thing, but tried the chop. Never done one before. It's a mild chop I guess. I did the best I could. Also attempted at fixing the dent somewhat. Anyways, was bored so here is my attempt. Nice project.

[​IMG]

3. roughidle

roughidle
    BANNED
    from iowa

Thanks 55cheiftan, looks alot better with the lid lowered. I might try to draw it out and taper the hood down that way. Not a good artist thou. I think it would really set the car off with that chop you gave it.

4. 55chieftan

55chieftan
    from Maryland

I'm not that familiar with doing anything to the hood. What exactly do you want done to it? You want to chop the hood 2 inches basically like I did the roof? That would lower it from the firewall and mess up the molding wouldn't it? Or do you want it to angle downwards and be chopped down at an angle? That's what I assume.

5. sanmartin72

sanmartin72

6. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

A '42 Chevy is not something you see every day!

7. roughidle

roughidle
    BANNED
    from iowa

Would be kind of like a pie cut out of the hood. You can remove the trim if like also. Trying to get an idea if this would make a cool custom.

8. roughidle

roughidle
    BANNED
    from iowa

I know it! Would be cool to make a custom out of it. Hopefully these guys and their abilities can show me what it could look like. I like different if it looks cool.

9. 55chieftan

55chieftan
    from Maryland

Heh, saw your post after I had fiddled with it. Kind of chopped some of the hood out and angled it...dunno if that would give you the same result as a pie cut. Don't think so, but here it is anyways. Kind of a crappy job but was fun doing it.

[​IMG]

10. Here ya go... (I'd do something about that paint, that trim, them windows and those headlights, maybe... ;))

[​IMG]

11. roughidle

roughidle
    BANNED
    from iowa

Not crappy at all. Looks good, gives me a good idea what it could look like. How about moving the back part of the front fender in closer to the car? Maybe from the back side of the wheel opening to the back of the fender.

12. twofosho

twofosho

Two inches out of the hood at the cowl? Sounds like what your after is a two inch body section to me. Just remember all inner support structure get cut too, and any non parallel sided jambs (can we say pie cut) or sloped body panels (not perpendicular to the ground) will complicate your life in a hurry. Definitely a good call to have someone to do this in Photoshop first.

Or you could just go buy a Volvo 544 (looks like it already has one stock).

13. roughidle

roughidle
    BANNED
    from iowa

No not at the cowl, pie cut just to bring the nose of the hood down a little.