Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mopar flat 6 questions?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pins&Needles, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Pins&Needles

Pins&Needles
    from Santa Cruz

I'm working on putting together a 27 dodge modified. I'm running a flat 6 with some original edmunds speed equipment. However I do not have the engine back quite yet, and need some measurements so that I can keep moving on with the project... If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.
    - back of block (furthest casting point) to the tip of the fan blade.
    - width of bellhousing
    -depth of bellhousing

Just a rough measurement will be fine i just need to figure out where I'm going to put the body on the frame and "z" it in the back.

Thanks in advance,
    -Chris

2. RAR1947

RAR1947
    from Minnesota

If you don't get the answer here, you should try the P15/D25 website. Just google P15 D24 and you should find it. They have a very good forum there and they deal with mostly Mopars in the late 40's that run the flathead 6. You will definitely find your answer there.

3. hkestes

hkestes

4. ricky from va

ricky from va

i have a flat six in my 53 i would be more than happy to get out there with a tape and measure it all. ill pm you my number and if you want ill do it with you on the phone.

5. 50Flat

50Flat

On my 1950 218 23" block, the length from the back of the block to the front edge of the fan blade is 30." The bellhousing dimensions vary depending on car vs. truck and which type of transmission. I'm building a lakes modified style DB also!