Register now to get rid of these ads!

New to the H.A.M.B

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 440shawn, Sep 26, 2009.

1. 440shawn

440shawn

I am still learning how to use the sight. If I did it right this is a photo of my 66 Chrysler 300 440/4brl. Shawn

Attached Files:

2. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

Welcome dude, Dig the ride.

3. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Welcome, good lookin Mopar.....And Idon't even like um that much, but that one is cool.

4. roughidle

roughidle
    BANNED
    from iowa

Welcome to the hamb.

5. Scarynickname

Scarynickname
    from Toney, Al

Welcome to the HAMB. That's a sweet 300. One of these days my Newport might look half that good.

6. 440shawn

440shawn

Thanks scarynickname, I would love to see pics of your newport, is it a 440. Shawn

7. eddiescustoms

eddiescustoms

Welcome from Colorado, Cool 300 ,Love big cars!!

8. Scarynickname

Scarynickname
    from Toney, Al

Nah, it's a 383. It's sitting out in the driveway right now. I had to clear out the shop for some sidework. I need to get some cash together so I can get it on the road. I only have the pics from the night I brought it home after spending 5 hours digging it out of this guys backyard. Maybe a couple of it in the shop.

9. carmak

carmak

From your sig picture I assume it's a 65 Newport. The 65 C-body Mopars have some unique aspects that can really mess you up if you don't know about them.

The first is the driver side motor mount. The 65 blocks have a boss on the front of the block for the motor mount to bolt to. This is something most non-65 big blocks do not have so if possible use your original block.

The second is the trans. It's a cable shift and not a linkage shift. It has no week links and other than the place where the cable attaches it's a typical 727. Just like the block, your life will be easire if you can continue to ues the original trans.

Carmak
    Riverside, Iowa

10. 440shawn,
    Welcome form North Texas. Love the car.......for obvious reasons :cool: