Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Scarface from GREASE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Winged Avenger II, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

No smilie? Looks like the car and the machine gun gangster are photoshopped in.

-KK

2. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Great movie....USED CARS. Oh, Mesa still sucks. Well, alright, except for Squeeg's and a few blocks on Main oh yeah, and Space Age.....

3. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

Were grease and used cars filmed at the time? Two low budget films sharing props?

4. I thought that was Pizza Face?

5. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

They call him "craterface" in the movie.

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

WHO CARES ABOUT THAT DUDE....just kidding??? BUT Does anyone have pics of the Red 1940 Coupe(not sure on year????) in A Rebel Without A Cause? I think I bought my '35 because I loved that car so much with out realizing it. I have never been able to find pics though

7. jokerjason

jokerjason

Pizza face was what Buddy Reperton called Arnie Cuningham in Christine!!!

"cum on pizzaface...if you want come get it!!!"

8. Theopwk

Theopwk
    from Spokane WA

Easy pal. I live in shit ass Mesa.

it does suck though, cept what you pointed out, and Waldo's BBQ on Main.

9. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

...And The Landmark restaurant. I live here too. Sheesh, there has been a lot of busting on Mesa and Phoenix on car boards lately, like they are the new Cleveland or Philly or something. I find that most people who complain about Mesa have not been to or live in the good parts, of which there are many. It's like anywhere else, you have to spend your way out of the crap neighborhoods if you want to live among reasonable people.

And I was there during the filming of Used Cars. Most of it was done on the north side of Main street, which was pretty sparse back then and really did have the occasional small pile of abandoned junk cars in dirt lots - but now is fully developed and packed in. I remember the Edsel on the pole and the '70s clunkers on the lot, but didn't see any of the other cars used in the movie. Starting to seem like a long time ago.

-KK

10. "If it's yours, why doesn't it have your name on it? Huh, why doesn't it say Cunt-ingham? I love Buddy Reperton, one of my heros for sure.

11. Kerry67

Kerry67

Isn't the building for "New Deal Used Cars" still standing on Main ? A bit east of Darner (Roy L. Fuch's) Chrysler ???

12. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

I thought this was pizza face
    [​IMG]

13. onedge

onedge

Wholly Mollee Bro.

14. Tony

Tony

Nope, that's "Pizza The Hutt".

15. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

Bit of useless trivia: Dom DeLoise played "Pizza The Hut"
    Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

16. jokerjason

jokerjason

CASHNBURNS Buddy Reperton is bad ass!!! I tried to grow my hair like his after high school but it didn't work so I grew my choppers like his instead!!
    Fuck I will, you can't make me..............yah try it you little bald fuck and I'll knock you through the wal....FUCK!!!!

17. improbcat

improbcat

[​IMG]

Crappy shot from http://imcdb.org, but you can clearly see the ford, and the merc is behind them. You can jsut make out the flames aroudn the headlight on the merc.

18. Kerry67

Kerry67

What about the goofy ass car at the end with the plexi hood ? Any where-abouts of that thing ??

19. Tony

Tony

Who cares! :D:D i kid...but it was ugly.

20. BHfanGB

BHfanGB

Until about 5-6 years ago, it was in a car museum near Daytona Beach, Florida. The museum closed and the cars were auctioned (including the Munsters' Drag-U-La and a reproduction of the TV Batmobile). Don't know where it ended up after that.

That thing was ugly, but I loved the other Ford convertible that was the "real" Greased Lightning! Anybody got a pic of that one?

21. That car ended up at the Harrahs Auto Museum in Reno. I saw it there about 2 months ago... Yuck!:D

22. 51 mercules

51 mercules

I think I saw it at the Petersen Museum.

23. fryguy

fryguy

What about Hatchet Face????

[​IMG]

24. fryguy

fryguy

Hey, what's wrong with Philly???!!!!!!

25. They had it at "Petersen" and now its been moved up to Reno.
    For those of you that want to puke...:D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

On the merc , bill showed it to me, its not to bad, When grease came out I owned a 41 convertible at the time, man thanks to that movie I pick up a lot of chicks in that car. So I'am grateful to that cheezy movie.

27. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

I always thought the hubcap "ornaments" came from the Greek war chariot used in the movie "Ben Hur" which chewed up Judah's chariot until he took control.

28. thepoz57

thepoz57

Im surprised the guys that built greased lightning finished that ugly thing and didnt stop out of sympathy for that poor car they butchered...

29. last time I saw this car was at the Portland Roadster show aand George Barris was sittin with it signin autographs.........maybe he built it too

30. i still like the merc in that movie i didnt bill ended up wit it ill have to ask him next time i see him