Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wiring?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by papawfalcon, Sep 28, 2009.

1. I want to wire my car.I need a dighram of wiring the ignition altinator.Wires to fuse panel .I don't need the wiring to the componates like radio heater.I'm wiring a Ford.Using a ford ignition switch and alternator.I TRYING TO KEEP IT SIMPLE.I can wire to the radio,heater ect.Thanks Ken N.

2. Any idea what year of Ford? What model?

3. Just buy a shop manual for a Ford with an alternator as new - a truck manual might be ideal - they always have a wiring line diagram in them somewhere.

Or look online, the old car manual project (TOCMP.com I think it is, or google it) may have something you can look at for free.

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

Buy a good fire extinguisher.

5. Mizlplix

Mizlplix
    from S/W USA

It is a little more detailed than that...You have switched and non-switched circuits. You must know the wire gages for the runs, or have the EXP. to know. GL

6. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

7. lolife

lolife

Welcome to the hamb. One of the neat features is the "search" function. I bet you think you were the first guy to want to wire your car, but guess what?

There's about a 1000 threads already on that subject...

8. Thanks it is a '62 RANCHERO.I'm using an altenator.

9. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Thank you Pontiac Slim. I coulda used that diagran when wiring my Econoline. Now I have it on file!

10. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

I forgot how great that book is...I think I paid $8 for it...a little outdated but tons of great information