Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gabe from Tracy, CA (1963 Bel Air)

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by nutshell81, Sep 25, 2009.

1. nutshell81

nutshell81
    from Tracy, CA

Hi gang, my names Gabe from Tracy CA. I always been interested with cars, dads a wrench monkey, my roommate is a wrench monkey and is part of the Rotten Ones CC. I finally gave in and got myself a project.

I am working on a 1963 four door Bel Air, I know the 2 doors impala/bel air are better suited for projects. But I am a fan of 4 doors, I want a cruiser that looks good and my friends/family can jump in and out of no problem.

I have been checking these forums out the last week or two and learned so much, so thank you guys for making HAMB what it is, a great internet community of kick ass people and even more kick ass classics.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  2. nutshell81

nutshell81
    from Tracy, CA

Tomorrow I want to take a good side pic, maybe any of you excellent photo shop peeps can draw me up something quick, I am thinking something hot orange, with a black top, and some scallops along the sides and front hood and rear trunk, but I dont know what a good third color would be to compliment the other 2. My friends say it would look to halloween-ish but screw them I know it can look awesome, but I need someone better at this then me to give me a hand and seeing it come to life. I also think lowering it with fat 50s whitewalls and chrome or black rims would look awesome. Dont mind the bumpers, I have them and I will get them polished and put back on soon.

I am about a week away from starting the paint. So I can use all the help I can get, sanding it, finding the dents and taking care of that as we speak, I will probably start the primer this weekend. And by next pay check is when I will start the paint. Whatever color scheme I go with I will take pics of the interior as well and see what can be done. Thanks guys!

3. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

you might want to take this to the main board as this is just the intro area. If you are a week away from paint, forget the suicide doors. That work is a couple of weeks by itself if not more.
    Welcome to the board from Maryland

4. nutshell81

nutshell81
    from Tracy, CA

Thanks and noted, i made the adjustments :)

5. DRAGULA54

DRAGULA54

welcome from not to far in pleasanton and bel air sounds cool put up some pics and right on with the 4 door i got one myself

6. eddiescustoms

eddiescustoms

Welcome from colorado ,I got into wagons for a while for the same reasons(Friend Room) love 4doors. Good luck ,remember everything can be cool if its what YOU like.

7. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

hey nutshell81...a BIG welcome. the hokey ass board is for classifieds- but you allso made ur intro. so i dont see a problem. can U dig it. we are glad too have U here. and i believe 1 should make his ride the way he WANTS! daddy O!!! ur new friend in texas. call me POP.

8. Welcome from Atwater, Ca....I spent the last three years at Altamont Raceway in Tracy.

9. roughidle

roughidle
    BANNED
    from iowa

Welcome to the hamb.

10. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

welcome from SoCal!

11. 440shawn

440shawn

Hey Bro, welcome from Illinois!! Make your ride the way you like it. Have fun. Shawn

12. phqnflt

phqnflt
    from NOR CAL

Welcome from another Pleasanton guy! Is it a hard top or a post car?

13. elanore56

elanore56

welcome from near by mountain house!

14. Von Farly 1923

Von Farly 1923
    from Sacramento

Welcome aboard from Sac, moredoors are tuff.

15. PegLegStrick

PegLegStrick

Welcome from Georgia