Register now to get rid of these ads!

pumpkin run nationals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sk_rodz, Sep 6, 2009.

1. John B

John B

2. FalconEddie1964

FalconEddie1964

Not the one with that damned horn!

3. meteorgasser

meteorgasser
    from Lodi, Ohio

Oh yes, the one with the damned horn. *evil laugh*

We had free ear plugs! Feel free to grab a pair.

4. meteorgasser

meteorgasser
    from Lodi, Ohio

Any tips for first timers? Like, "Pack a lunch, there aren't any food vendors." Or, "Don't try to get there at noon, the line is backed up to the road." Etc, etc.

5. John B

John B

Leave your California duster in the trunk, you'll just tire yourself out trying to keep your ride spotless.

6. meteorgasser

meteorgasser
    from Lodi, Ohio

A friend of a friend of a friend told me today it's a Dust Bowl?? No worries.

7. ohiotj

ohiotj
    from SW Ohio

Great show, and near my home, but I'm missing it this year. Working pit crew for a 24 hours of lemons team at nelson ledges. However, to anyone who can make it and hasn't been before - go!

8. sk_rodz

sk_rodz

Plenty of food vendors, but a lack of shade, so bring your canopies! arrive plenty early if you want to get a good spot. Main gate opens at 7am. the police will not let you stop on the side of the road on US132, so if you come early, pull into the church parking lot across from the main gate. Spectators can park at the church for a donation, but it is usually full by 8 or 9.
    You must register at the Holiday Inn at Eastgate before you can get on the grounds. Exit 63B off of I-275. Registration starts on Thursday afternoon and runs through the weekend.
    Saturday evening is a free bean and cornbread dinner for all entries. entries include 2 adult passes for each day, extras and spectators are $5.00 each.

9. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Falcon eddie are you going to Lite-em up this year?

10. Fortyfordguy

Fortyfordguy

The weather is a bit iffy for Friday.....chance of rain about 40%. Probably a good day for the swappers. Saturday and Sunday look good weather-wise. Actually decent temps for the weekend this year.

For those who just want to drive in to see the show, you can find parking in almost any front yard in the homes around the immediate area of the fairgrounds, including that church located on Rt 132. But LOTS of homeowners in the area can put ya up in their front yard for about $5. You can enter the gate on Locust Street from those areas if I'm not mistaken.

The registration at Eastgate Holiday Inn is just for the show cars.

11. FalconEddie1964

FalconEddie1964

I went to the Rebel Run and the Ducktail. :) Getting low on dough, would like to go but not too sure yet. I want to try to go to the Pileup next weekend. Too much for my pocketbook! When I was down there last year, Rebstew got me in trouble. We went hunting that kid in the 50ish Chevy coupe with the hot dogs on the back. We found him, drew a crowd then got asked to leave. Absolutely NO sense of humor! At the Ducktail you can waste as much gas as you want the only problem there was that it's was hard to play in the rain Thursday and Friday nite.

12. bustingear

bustingear

There will be 5 custom cars leaving from the gas station just on the west side of 71 off String Town Road in Groveport, OH at 7:30 AM on Saturday. If anyone wants to caravan with us they will be welcome. 2 model a's one 32, one mid 30 chev and an early 40's something. Pm if you want or just show up.

13. Gahrajmahal

Gahrajmahal

For all of you not familiar with this show (how can that be?). This is a very professionally produced show that usually has 5000 + cars from stockers to modified. Lots of traditional rides and customs. Usually a really huge swap meet (100 vendors?) Great door prizes, lots of new stuff vendors. Activities for the kids. Lots of tailgating. It can be dusty, as a lot of the parking is on the fairgrounds round track. As far as shade, there is plenty around the track and many folks score a spot under one of the "barn" buildings on the property. Traveling to the event is through rural southern Ohio. There is even an original covered bridge less than 10 miles away for photo ops. Last year they had success with flashlight drags in the evening nearby. I usually see cars from Michigan, Tennessee, Indiana and other long distance locations.
    You will not be disappointed.

14. 41 C28

41 C28

Called the District 8 office of ODOT this morning, as per ODOT State Route 132 is open from SR 131 to US 50.

15. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

THEY LIE....my friend Gary lives at the bottom of the hill could not get from SR50 to SR131...Go Buckwheat to SR50...

John

16. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

i will be in the swap meet with my slamed 86 chevy c-10 selling stuff to make room in my shop for winter. my 32 hupmobile will be there too. great show. a must do. and its very close to home.

17. JGRAFF

JGRAFF

hey Strunk, what are you doing up so late??

sent those wheels and my '40 spring to the blaster today. You said youre bring stuff to sell at the show? please don't MAKE me buy anything else from you guys!! Thanks for everything.

Oh, yeah, i'll be at the pumpkin run too.

18. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

i just pulled apart my rearend in my 32 ford coupe . i exploded it earlier tonight . i got on here to get some advice . the hamb is very helpful when you do something stupid

19. JGRAFF

JGRAFF

I seem to just get more confused by some of the people on here. I learned the hard way what questions to ask people face to face and what questions to ask the HAMB readers.

good luck, seeya

20. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

How did you grenade the rearend.

21. koth

koth

I'll be there. Skipping today with the rain!

22. chris55

chris55

The wife and I are going to try to go Saturday, look for a orange 47 ford and a green 56 thunderbird.

23. racerdaddy1

racerdaddy1

We have five vehicles back near the swap meet area along the fence. We will try and meet up with other HAMBers Saturday.

24. SKRTCHSR

SKRTCHSR
    from Cincinnati

Very muddy, but was a good show..

25. Fortyfordguy

Fortyfordguy

Saturday's report.....cool but nice weather. The sun and breeze pretty much dried up any goo from Friday's rain. The weather for Sunday is even nicer.....sunny and mid 60's temps with a light breeze. The split the pot was about $20,000 today, and is usually even bigger on Sunday. We are in the swap meet area and that was pretty much packed all day.

26. SKRTCHSR

SKRTCHSR
    from Cincinnati

20,000? I was leaving at 2:30 it was 6,000..Wow!

27. il Revrunde

il Revrunde

Was a good time today. 50/50 was a hair over $26k! So. 13k to the shriners isn't too shabby at all. Swap meet was a lil bit weaker than past years but I'm not complainin. One of the best shows for your hard earned shekels, IMO.

28. Da Injun

Da Injun

Is this the same JGraff that bought "Hutches" wrecked 55 years ago?

29. racerdaddy1

racerdaddy1

I just finished my little truck about three weeks ago. I had a good time just cruising it around the grounds a few times. We are parked clear back against the fence near the swap meet, so its nice to get up to the front and see the looks when you drive these things. I dont know if they like it or wonder what the heck it is...lol.Either way, its my first old vehicle and I am really enjoying it.