Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2009 "Run What Ya Brung" Thread Drag Racing Reynolds, GA 9/26/2009

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MetalFlaked60, Jun 15, 2009.

1. GaDOC

GaDOC
    from Harlem Ga

Just wanted to say i had a great time and plan to return next year.

2. nite-flyer

nite-flyer

Sorry I had to miss the show! Had my knee rebuilt and can't get around yet. Glad you had a good turnout.

3. MetalFlaked60

MetalFlaked60

everyone who made it, thanks for coming. We had a pretty good turn out hope it keeps getting bigger!

4. 42ford

42ford

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iDhfQw87i3A&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iDhfQw87i3A&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

5. that damn Henry J seems a little 'yello'

6. well that's a damn tease - what did he run? the video is 14 seconds long so I guess it's less than that! :D

7. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Thanks to all involved with the event. I enjoyed meet some new faces.

8. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

Hey Tudor, its cool that it still runs after the beating it took at Dixie Fried. What did the Henry J run?

9. Great job on this event Jimmy and everyone who put into it. Thanks for posting the pics! Next year Kim said we would go down on Friday night :). Too much risk of something going wrong trying to do the drive the day of the run. Really hope there is a 'next year'.

10. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Tony, they announced at the track @ around 3:00pm that there would be a next year event. Lot's of people seem to think that adding "Nostalgia" to the event title helped folks understand what it was all about. Also a big plus was making it a "Dan Ross Memorial".
    Incidentally, Dan's widow is planning to keep Dan's Deuce Tudor and show it, along with her '49 Buick torpedo body.
    My biggest disappointment, other than not getting the roadster finished ion time of course, was not having all of you Sock Fuckers down here to party with that evening!
    I had a designated driver and was ready to party down and the biggest party hounds were absent!
    Dave

11. Attached Files:

12. I think Dave is saying he was lonely in Reynolds without his SOCK!!!!! Somebody cut the fuzzy ball off the back of a short one and get it to Griffin, FAST!

13. WOW,,,, I was suprizzzed it made it down the track!!! The nose went back on it at 6:30 Friday night!! I finally fired it up after going through the engine last week, Fired it up at 9:30, loaded it at 10:00, loaded the truck till 11:30, up ang gone in the morning!!

The timing was and still is at TDC from where I put it together!! and that was not a full pull pass!! For some reason the front U-joints were hitting on the floor pan!!! Just took it there because I promised you guys I would be there, the photogapher was coming from Al. and the model from Cinncanatti Oh.

Oh, I meant,,,,Yes ,, that IS as fast as it will run Josh!!!