Register now to get rid of these ads!

Susan G Komen Race for the Cure contest

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by junk runner jr, Sep 24, 2009.

1. junk runner jr

junk runner jr

Hey guys and gals. I thought I would post here, I hope Ryan is ok with this. A friend of mine who has breast cancer is one of four finalists to represent the Susan G. Komen for the cure at an upcoming NASCAR race at Charlotte Motor Speedway on October 17th. Susan G Komen for the cure has partnered up with Stanley Racing and Elliot Sadler to raise funds for Breast Cancer Research.

Please go on line and read the four essays and cast your vote for the awesome woman who you feel should win.

My friends name is Brandy Hickman Please vote soon. The poles close at midnight eastern time on Friday.

http://www.stanleymotorsports.com/pr...dy_in_pink.asp

2. CGkidd

CGkidd

That is awesome. My mom is a survivor and this really touches home.

3. Done, I will also vote on my work computer.

4. synthsis

synthsis

5. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

6. 3rd Gen Hot Rodder

3rd Gen Hot Rodder
    from Indiana

I lost my Mother to breast cancer in 1994. My wife walks in the Susan G. Komen 60 miles in 3 days each year to raise money in her honor. It is a great foundation.

7. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

My wife's best friend and also her sister in law are both survivors. She is preparing for her 2nd 3 day walk in Philly coming up in October. Her name is Helene Olcott if anyone cares to donate.

8. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Just put in my vote for Brandy.;)

9. chris55

chris55

10. junk runner jr

junk runner jr

Thanks guys for placing your votes. Cancer is prevelent in my family. So this cause is close to my heart for many reasons. No matter what type it is it can ravage and entire family in no time. Its been less than three months since my father passed from colon cancer. He fought estremly hard and was a brave man. It seems a little strange to say this but in a way I am kind of greatfull for his cancer. It has brought my family much much closer together. When he was diagnosed this time around (this was his second battle) three years ago he decided he had one hot rod left to build. He and I took that car to its first show in June. It was three weeks before he died. That was the last time he left the house.

11. junk runner jr

junk runner jr

[​IMG]
    Her he is as we were getting ready to leave for that show.

12. My wife's a survivor. just walked in the Susan G. Komen walk last sunday with 44,000 + in Portland Oregon

13. timmer50

timmer50

Best wishes Brandy, and good luck in the contest. Looks to me that all 4 of these women have won in the long run!!!

timmer50

14. junk runner jr

junk runner jr

Thanks to all those who voted. Brandy won!