Register now to get rid of these ads!

Intro from MO

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by gregsheets, Sep 21, 2009.

1. gregsheets

gregsheets

Just noticed I never introduced myself after joining H.A.M.B.
    I live just outside Branson, MO. Started messing with mechanics when I was 12, grew up on a farm here and my uncle gave me a 1960 283 which I took apart just to see what was inside. Married to a wonderful woman for 11 years now, just started dating her because she had a faster computer and her parents were Street Rodders... Her father had alot more old cars setting around than I did!!!lol I don't have any projects going right now just trying to keep my running rigs on the road right now.
    I would like my next Project to be a 1936 Ford Pickup, just so happens my Mother-in-Law has one, used to be my Father-in-Laws but we lost in last January. It has been sitting for, well I'll just say the last time my wife rode in it she was 9 or 10, now she's in her 40's. Anyway it's a 36 Ford pickup setting on a shortened 1957 Chev car frame with 283 powerpak, powerglide and 1957 Chev power steering. He put all the glass in storage along with fenders, trim etc, but it's been outside all this time and weather and time has taken it's toll. I would like to "restore" it to the condition it was in when he used it as his daly transportation. Right now I just do maintenance on my Mother-in-Laws other rigs, 1934 ford pu, 283 w/350T, 1961 Bel Air 2 door sedan, 283, 3 on the tree, and her 1965 1/2 ton Chevy original 4X4 4sp except 350 is in place of the 283. She also has a 33 ford 4 door sedan that my Father-in-Law didn't finish still in the garage, but she says she's happy just the way it is.

My rigs, 1980 Silverado K10 (Wife's) 1987 RS Camaro which she calls the B**** which by the way she drives most the time and 1990 4Runner that I drive to work. I still have the first vehicle I bought when I was 14 1941 Chev 1/2 ton PU, and 80 Silverado K10 short bed only vehicle I ever purchased new, both rusting away...

Thanks for having me!
    Greg

2. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

hey greg...wellcome. man that 36 ford p.u. would be a wind fall if u get it. couldnt ask for a better street rod. i wish u the best- ur new friend in texasYEEEHAAAA! just call me pop.

3. Welcome, I seem to be following hole shot around.

4. roughidle

roughidle
    BANNED
    from iowa

5. mrs chaotic

mrs chaotic
    from ----

Table Rock Lake is my favorite vacation spot. Beautiful area! Welcome from Kansas.

6. Never too late to intro yourself - Welcome!