Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who has been to every Hunnert Cr Pileup?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kamp, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Kamp

Kamp
    from Peoria, IL

I was thinking about the pileup and wondered who else has been to every one? With or without a car... cause it definately took me a while to get mine there.:D

Similarly, who is going this year that has never been?

2. Kamp

Kamp
    from Peoria, IL

Sorry - doubled them
    PLEASE DELETE

3. Gerg

Gerg

it is a highlight to the year i will never miss another one again. I have never had a car there but i do look forward to it every october!

4. I've been to everyone. Only one year as a spectator

5. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

search man search

everyone in the midwest on this site has been there

6. silent rick

silent rick

i've been to them all

7. Kamp

Kamp
    from Peoria, IL

Yeah, I did a search... didn't come up with this question though.

I realize that everyone in the midwest has been to HCPU once - that wan't what I asked. The first year there were a handfull of cars and people. NOT everyone in the midwest by far. I was one of them, and wondered who else was?

Kamp

8. I've been to every one. I flew out from Boston for the first one (with Michelle, mind you) and we only knew like 1 other person beside Magnet and Hellfish.

Moved to Chicago less than a year later...

pretty much just drank at year 2

volunteered to work gate for year 3....

well... you see where that led...

In all seriousness though... I wax poetic about it every year.

If it weren't for the Pileup I might have ended up in San Fran or NYC instead of Chicago.... and probably would never go to Rust Revival, Road Rockets, HAMB Drags, Symco, and other events over the years like Rock n Race, Cheaterama, Ducktail, Scrap Drive, Road Block... the list goes on and on... would have never met some of you jackasses...

I *heart* the Midwest

Now we just need to get Michelle out of Boston and to the Midwest where she belongs!

9. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Ive beed to each and every one of those bad mother shows I worked the gat the 5th one....

10. Where is Hunnert? Never heard of that town.

11. ...been to them all with a car or truck each time, it's not to be missed!
    ...the Pileup inspired the Tin Butchers to start the Scrap Drive show/swap.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  12. uniquecoaches

uniquecoaches

My fifth year and finally it will be my first as a participant. No more standing there looking in. This show has totally captivated all of my attention,hell I didnt even go to the NSRA Nationals this year as my focus has been on work and going to the Pileup in a car that I can actually drive through the gates. can I get an Amen up in here?

13. CheaterCarl

CheaterCarl

I have been to everyone, this is true.
    Since the 1st one at Andys shop to now, all fun, all cool.
    Sorry to hear about the swap not being a part of this years show, I did enjoy it & always found cool items.
    I have met alot of nice people there.
    Love,
    Cheatercarl

14. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

this will be my first year,,always make plans to go and stuff always seems pop up

15. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

I missed the first one at Sycamore but have been to everyone since the second one in Sycamore. I don't think I will ever get that feeling back since the 2nd one at the shop. I was planning to go to the first but something came up.

It is a great show but every year a lil something gets taken away from it. It seems like it may be loosing some of its magic. I am even considering not taking the truck this year or even the 46 because of what happened last year. For me it is getting to be about the people I met and know now. :)

16. It's Symco South, down in Illinois! They way I hear it, they heard about your show... and one thing led to another.... :D

17. I missed the first two, then started going at 3 when the rest of the gear heads in town said I had to go, or they wold beat me with soggy pickles !

18. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

i went last year .and going again this year...

19. do soggy pickles hurt?

20. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

Only when inserted incorrectly.

I've been to 4 and would not miss another.

21. Hellfish

Hellfish

I've been to all 7, and will be at the 8th. Of course, I organized and ran all of them, too, with a lot of help.

Speaking of waxing poetic... here's a list of all the bands who've ever played the Pileup. We have a great lineup this year, too!

.357 String Band
    Ace Brown & His Helldivers
    The Afterdarks
    The Aquaholics
    Baron Von Otto Matic
    Black Cat Rebellion
    Bleed
    Bonyard Brawlers
    The Bottletones
    Camaro Rouge
    Casket Bastards
    Corpse Show Creeps
    Crown Hill Diggers
    Gin Palace Jesters
    The Gravetones
    The Hangovers
    Hillbilly Idle
    Hi-Fi & the Roadburners
    The Hi-Qs
    Hot Rod Hucksters
    Knuckel Drager
    The Phantom Cruisers
    The Pinks
    Plan 9 from Outer Space
    Psychobilly Kadillaks
    The Nevermores
    Reluctant Aquanauts
    The Rumblejetts
    Sin City Injectors
    The Stacks
    The Stranger
    Turbo 350
    Waxon 7

22. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

This year will be my 4th year going

23. Cadillac Bob

Cadillac Bob
    from The Region

Yep, I've been to every one - in fact, I learned of the Pile-Up from the HAMB back when I was just a lurker......seems like yesterday.......

24. as i sit here wearing my Sin City Injectors shirt.....what year did they play?

25. Hellfish

Hellfish

Nice! They played at the 2nd Pileup, Marty & Sons... 2003.

26. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I've been to them all too, but the first one, I was not yet a Czar, and the second one, I had to leave at 1:30pm, and drive about 100mph to get to Oak Park to go to a wedding at 3pm. It was my g/f (now my wife) first time as a bridesmaid, and she was adamant that I be there.

Then for 2005, we had to plan our wedding to miss the Pileup (a week later).

27. magnet

magnet

Django always misses the pileups for weddings :)

I have been to every one.. like Hellfish.. helped organize them.. they will eventually drive me nuts :)

Its hard to believe that the first one there at Marty and Sons with abomber30 only had 72 or 73 cars.

Here is a good trivia question:... what HAMBer actually named the show? First person to post that (excluding himself).. i will buy a Lone Star Friday night at the red Cent.

Those first two years at abombers were awesome.. a real shot in the arm for midwestern traditional hot rodders..all the major midwestern clubs at the time were there, Cheaters, Emperors, Draggins, Road Rockets .. to name just a few.

The real questions are.. who has a shirt from the first show? Who has all the shirts? how about all the stickers? the postcards?

Another trivia question..
    What year did the first pileup postcard come out?

It has turned into a big deal.. we still treat it the same.. try to be organized.. set things up so people have a good time.. and it seems to work out well.. the secret lies in the people that attend the show.

What started out as a way to flip the bird at street rodders and gold chainers has turned into a midwest institution. :) who would have thought :) hehehe

28. shubxdan

shubxdan

i only missed one.had to finish somebody elses car.

29. xmacx

xmacx
    from illinois

ive been to them all and the deadline for my car has been set for the pile up next year i am dying to get it there and done in general. Great show every year, i've never been let down.

30. silent rick

silent rick

zenor