Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest A call to arms for an injured HAMBER - FREMONT, CA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Vance, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Sellers Equipped

Sellers Equipped
    BANNED
    from San Jose

Hit my cell I'm just down the street 408-386-6047 be there in 5 we got this I'll bring Notches ass as well!

2. dave lewis

dave lewis
    from Nampa ID

Looks like Primerdave and I will carpool to Fremont !
    Do we need to bring anything ? furniture dollies,hand trucks,frosty beverages,pizza????
    Dave

3. Choptop

Choptop

Thanks for helping a brother out, both those that will be there and Ryan for kicking down.

4. M.Edell

M.Edell

I dont know what you need to bring, I never had to get a large crate of a truck like this before.I have dollies and hand carts here at the house.You are most certainly welcome to bring PIZZA!!! I LOVE PIZZA!! LOL... Thank You Very Much-Marc

5. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

Just a will to move a big crate. Marcus said he's got the beer covered and I'm working on the pizza!!!

Vance

6. Sellers Equipped

Sellers Equipped
    BANNED
    from San Jose

Dave on the way back I'll roll you by that 38 couPe!QUOTE=PRIMERDAVE;4366324]just count me in...dave lewis...I sent ya a pm[/QUOTE]

7. PRIMERDAVE

PRIMERDAVE

[/QUOTE]
    sounds good....

8. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I would be down in a second but I am on the east coast . Sorry !
    I do wish you all the best on your recovery . Take care and mend yourself before you go banging on your projects .
    BTW....Screw that F***ing drunk driver to the wall real damn good !

RetroJim

9. voodooblackcat

voodooblackcat
    from Pacheco

If you still need more people come Monday call me at my shop and I'll close early and come down from Danville. (925)837-1661

10. chopt49

chopt49

I can drive down from Sacramento if you need more hands... Let me know. And if any other Sacto HAMBers wanna jump in with me got plenty of room.

11. M.Edell

M.Edell

Right on Guys..I think we have enough help for sure..I can't Thank You all enough for your help and support, its overwhelming...right on...

12. M.Edell

M.Edell

Again a HUGE THANKS to Vance for putting this all together for me.This guy is awesome, talk about above and beyond.. I bought his awesome 34 Ford 5 Window Coupe and I wanted to get all the parts that came with it but the Auto transporters wouldnt ship it , plus it needed to be professionally crated up.I didnt even have to ask Vance, he went out of his way and made a crate with casters and packed it all up for me and talked the Transport driver who picked up the 34 to come back and pick up the crate at a super reasonable rate, about $300 less than a freight company wanted in fact... We need more guys like this out there..

13. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

No problem. Glad to be able to help out. Seen you guys play a few times most recently at the Salinas Car Show (bass-off was cool) so I am happy to return my enjoyment of your music.

Got the info, see you Monday at 5pm. If you need me sooner or something comes up, just PM me.

Brian

14. Haunyawk

Haunyawk

I would be glad to help, Just let me know, can be there at about 5:30-6p.m. . I'll P.M. you my phone number. If you need help just call me, I will be driving through Fremont so all you guys in Monterey and Salinas and Sacto you guys can save the gas, really great of you guys though. Seriously call me I'm driving through.- Buddy

15. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Talked to Marcus today for a bit. He is one cool dude. Now we are just waiting for the crate to arrive.

16. Haunyawk

Haunyawk

If you guys didn't get the crate yesterday and it's coming today or tomorrow, let me know I still have to drive through Fremont at the same time.

17. M.Edell

M.Edell

Ok thanks.. you can stop by anyway if you want..I'm always around

18. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

Not like you have anywhere to go or anything big to do, huh?

Hang in there man.

Vance

19. M.Edell

M.Edell

Just stare at the 34..lol..I put Moon Discs on it yesterday..looks kinda cool with them on..

20. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

Ok, so I’ve done some thinking about this. Marcus lives in a cul-d-sac and there’s no way James will be able to get his 10 car semi hauler up the street. I’m thinking that the best thing is if one of the guys who is helping out is/can be driving a pick-up. That way the crew on hand can man-handle the crate into the bed to take it up to Marcus’ house. If I remember, I measured the crate once and it was very close to 70” long by 60” wide and nearly 42” tall – on the wheels give or take an inch each way. This thing is too wide to sit between the bed wheel wells, so it will prolly have to ride on them for the short ride from the semi to Marcus’.

Someone asked me how the crate was constructed. It’s made of 1X4s & 2X4s fastened primarily with really big nails. The top however is secured with 16 2 ½” Phillips-head deck screws. So if you guys wanna see the contents, someone ought to have a charged cordless drill with a #2 Phillips bit.

Hope this all helps out some. I’m trying to think of everything I can to help this go smooth for Marcus and whoever shows up.

Vance

21. 61TBird

61TBird

I get out of class at 3:30 on Monday.
    Let me know if you need any more "hands" to help out.

Marcus,PM me for my cell #.

22. M.Edell

M.Edell

Awesome!! Thanks!

23. dave lewis

dave lewis
    from Nampa ID

Vance and Marcus....Primerdave and I will be bringing my beater 76 3/4 ton chevy pickup....

The Hamb RULES !
    Dave

24. If I was closer,i'd be right there Vance! Great gesture Ryan! That's pretty cool...

25. M.Edell

M.Edell

Free CD's for you guys who show up for sure, you can use them as Clay pigeons if you want...lol

26. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

Bob, if you were gonna be there, I'd FLY out there and personally hand you a CASE of root beer!!!

Thanks for the support everyone, even if it's long distance.

Vance

27. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

YEAH!! I know a bunch of DJs and they give out CDs all the time. The ones we don't care for we use as coasters. LOL.

Brian

28. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

They work as mini frisbies and hi-tech clay pigeons too! They do crazy things when hit with large caliber rounds...

29. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

I will be there at 4:00 on Monday or maybe a little earlier with my crew cab Duramax.

30. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Just got off the horn with Marcus,The crate will be be in later than expected.

We are now at talk in 5:00-6:00. Either way I will be there early like 3 o'clock.

For all of you that are coming down play it by what I call EAR

I know that some of you will be log on in the miles.

Call or check in on this thread.

Either get a hold of Marcus or you can reach me at 510-410-3461.

See Ya Then