Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone know of a good product to clean and restore original interior

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skippycraig, Sep 19, 2009.

1. skippycraig

skippycraig
    from Washington

Getting ready to put my 1954 Wagon on the road and it's time to clean up the original interior. I went to the local parts house but nothing there looked like it would take off dirt and grim from 20+ years of sitting in an old garage. Any ideas of products or techniques would be great. Thanks, Craig

2. plmczy

plmczy

Simple Green

3. crackerass54

crackerass54
    from dallas

anything strong enough to get it clean, but be careful not to use anything strong eniugh to dry the chemicals in the vinyl, don't ask me how I know, I like to use KABOOM, you can get it at target, it sounds funny but it works really well,and it leaves a fresh scent(HA!)

4. skippycraig

skippycraig
    from Washington

KABOOM sounds like a great idea, the interior is pretty nice with just a couple of small holes on the seat and the edge of the door panel pulling apart.

5. I have had really good luck with Formula 2000 for vinyl. it is in a green bottle. Whatever you do, DO NOT use Armorall on anything. Simple Green is good as well.

6. elbow grease!

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

8. btmatt

btmatt

Back in the day we used hand cleaner (pink GOJO if i remember correctly). Pretty surprising how well it cleans.

9. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

Maguires vinyl and rubber cleaner works pretty good.. If it's really bad, I'd start with Simple Green, then plain old water, then the Maguires.

10. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

White Wizard. I found this product at a home improvement show and have been using it ever since.

11. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Great info! This stuff is too hard to replace to use the wrong cleaner on it. I have had probs with the dor armrests getting gummy, even when in dry garage.

12. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

You can always start with Ivory Soap and work up from there.

13. Scott Miller

Scott Miller
    from Tampa, Fla