Register now to get rid of these ads!

Information on 40 ford opera coupe

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 10THST, Sep 17, 2009.

1. 10THST

10THST
    from GA

In feb. Of this year (09) i bought a 1940 ford opera coupe. The story i got was that the car went from texas to tenn. In the mid fifties, was driven until 1962. Car looked as though it had been driven under a shelter or in a barn, turned off and never driven again. Car still had old allstate battery,still connected, dated 61. Car was purchased and brought to south carolina about 4 years ago and under a shelter for about 3 years and then sold to a man near columbia . He had it for a year and put it on creigslist to sell. I bought it from him. Sometime in the early fiftys the 40 was made into a mild custom. All chrome was removed from hood and trunk. 49 plymouth bumpers were installed . The tail lights were removed from rear fenders and oldsmobile lights were installed between fenders and trunk lid. Gear shift lever was moved to the left side of wheel. I believe the 40 was owned by someone named stan as that was the name on the inside of the glove compartment lid. If anyone has any information on this car please email me at [email protected]
    thanks 10thst

2. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44274

Guidelines:
    1. If in doubt, don’t post it
    2. Stay on-topic and relevant with your posts… OT posts aren’t generally appreciated by our membership.
    3. Gotta easy question? Try using the search function first.
    4. Your life here would probably be easier if you complete your profile and introduce yourself before jumping into the deep end...

3. leebros60

leebros60
    from new jersey

how do i complete my profile? and what does pm mean and how do you do it? thank you Lee.

4. leebros60

leebros60
    from new jersey

sorry about that i wasnt meaning to ask you those questions.