Register now to get rid of these ads!

American Modern Car Insurance?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 5window, Sep 14, 2009.

1. 5window

5window

Just got a notice today that my insurance has been changed,again. i have had a policy through my regular car insurance guy with Classic Automobile Insurance in Indianapolis using the Infinity Insurance Group. I did this because it would allow me to "stack" the coverages on all my cars.

Today, they inform me they are "EXCITED" to switch my policy to "American Modern Insurance Group". I am not quite as joyous. Anybody ever heard of these guys? Maybe it's just time to move on to Hargerty,Grundy,etc. Sigh.

2. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

3. Ebert

Ebert

5 Window,

I have had American Modern for 3 years...great people, great rates (better than Grundy & Haggerty for my cars) and when I had my 52 Chevy, even allowed me one of their "Exceptions" that allowed my 25 and 18 year old sons to drive it. They use these "Exceptions" to encourage the growth of our hobby. Pretty cool. They are based out of Cincinnati....and are A rated. Hope this helps.
    Ebert

4. Swifster

Swifster

A number of Infinity's agents have switched over to American Modern. This also includes Heacock Insurance as well. You can switch agents and keep Infinity, go with your agent and switch to American Modern, or open up and look at everyone including Grundy and Hagerty. All are good companies and will take good care of you. I do work for all four.

5. I also have two of my cars on American Modern for the last 10 years. So far, no problems at all. No hassles or goofy questions, smooth renewals.-MIKE

6. 5window

5window

Thanks for the good advice and recommendations. I really like my Nationwide agent who handles all my business and home insurance, so I'd like to stay. Since I've got a couple of million in coverage from him, I would think he'd like me,too!

But, since Carlisle and Hershey are coming up in my area, I guess I'll talk to Hagerty/Grundy as well. Couldn't hurt.

7. beckyatgrundy

beckyatgrundy

We'll be at Carlisle and Hershey!... Definitely stop by our space, please :)We can quote you, on the spot, in a matter of minutes. Our policies provide a great deal of coverage-- from spare parts, towing and labor and trip interruption... to auto show medical reimbursement and inflation guard. Unlimited Mileage... Agreed Value... Please do stop by. Chuck and Bill, from our office, will be at Carlisle.... and Chuck, Heather, Bethanne and Mr. Grundy will be at Hershey :)

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

9. J-R

J-R

I'm fully insured with American Modern through Heacock. I had an accident that took out the neighbor&#8217;s shed and my pass fender. I'll make sure to let everyone know if they do me right or not.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

10. Agent commision rates on new policies pay more than renewal comissions .