Register now to get rid of these ads!

DUGGAN cylinder heads

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gearhead143, Sep 3, 2009.

1. gearhead143

gearhead143

I am wondering if there is still a interest out there for the Duggan 6 cylinder head? The possibility exists for a production run on the original aluminum head.

2. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Doesn't Sissel's in Ca own the pattern?

I went to the duggan workshop a few years ago with an American Inliner when he was out here - fantastic, and saw the ptototype OHC head for the 292 too :D

3. gearhead143

gearhead143

I am not to sure about that. He might have a USA right to the head, but his production is far from a Duggan.

I have been talking with a company that produces a exact duplicate of the Duggan head for the Holden 6 cylinder. He wants to start production for the 292 but needs to know of there is a market here.

4. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Have you asked this question over of the Inliners Bboard???

I'm meeting a bunch of Inliners at World of Speed in 2 weeks, I'll ask them.

5. gearhead143

gearhead143

No I havent. What is the web address for this board?

That would be great. The more responces on this the faster this possability of this head making production.

6. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

7. mtkawboy

mtkawboy

Last year at the Div 6 points meet in Billings Mt there was a Duggan head 6 cyl in a J/A late Camaro that was a rocket ship so Id say its more then just vintage stuff. He wasnt there this year. I believe my facts are right on the class but Im 65 and that was a year ago so cut me some slack.

8. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Duggen Head that I saw was for a 250 - 292 Chevy six. No good for Vintage at least with BNI/SCTA. Bill Carlson had one on a 250 in his "Jack's Bars Special" E/FMR at Bonneville. I dialed in the injection for him at least until it would start and run. He had a tuner he took to the salt. I didn't really think that head was all that great. Didn't ever see it off the car.

9. gearhead143

gearhead143

I have tuned two street/race cars that run these heads, both are EFI and one also is running COP ign. I have to say I am impressed with the performance gains of both of these engines after the Duggan heads were installed and quite a few hours of tuning.

Do you know if Bill Carlson still has the Duggan head and would he sell it? Reason being I need one for one of the cars I was talking about. His is almost non repairable.

This is what sent me on a quest to find one and got me linked up with a company that can and has the rights to produce the Original Duggan head for the GM L6. Hopefully there is enough interest out there to get production going. I need a cylinder head now to solve a problem, but I have to much time invested to drop trying to get a great cylinder head produced agian.

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Where can a guy find more information on these heads? A quick search didn't bring up much.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

11. kurtis

kurtis
    from Australia

The Sissell heads are not Duggan castings but of their own design, and a much better one. Many months ago i heard they were not producing these heads any longer.

The closest thing to a true Duggan head is made here in Australia by Joe Zullo although these are only for the Holden 6.

www.sissellsautomotive.com

www.jzedholden6.com.au

12. Twisted6

Twisted6

It is to my Under standing the duggan/holden 6 will not interchange with OUR ChevyL6. Now this is pretty much the Duggan/Sissell head design then Yes it will. and that head had The ability to make 2hp per cubic inch.
    But the bottom line of interest to any inliner is the Cost??????? If it is to much Then NO there will not be much interest in it.

13. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Mate - they are worlds apart, like the difference b/w a Stovebolt and a Jimmy - look real similar, but are essentially completely different

14. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

Larry,you are absolutely correct. The 250/292 and the Holden 6 engines only have in common the fact that they both have 6 cylinders, nothing more. Nothing will interchange at all between these engines. There are already (2) people that make aluminum heads for the 250/292 anyway, and thats one too many already. Like Stovebolt also said, close but no cigar!

15. Twisted6

Twisted6

I know they are way different. I was just making a 2cent comment on that. And Who or how many people would want them.I personaly wouldn't mind BUT the cost is way Out of my pockets just like many others.
    And the last time i talked with Mike Kirby I know he wasn't interested in Bringing that head back into the market.And The other guy that i know of that had OR pretends to sell alum blocks/heads what not. Is just a thief.
    SO who are these (2) people your talking about??

16. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

I speak to Kirby quite often, and have attempted to buy from him several raw unmachined castings. He has been claiming for years that he wont make any more heads, but right now(as of the end of July) he currently is doing the final machne work on 25 heads. The other person, is the one that you also mentioned as being "shady". He does make them, both water jacketed and solid. Originally, he and Sissell partnered together and acquired the patterns from Duggan back in the early 80's, and each ended up with their own set. Sissell used them "as is" while the other guy changed the exhaust port shape on his patterns. Sissell gave us one of the first ones he had cast back then, but we never could use it because NHRA never made it a legal head to use in competition. I try to keep my distance from the other guy, I have only spoken to him several times thru the years, and never had any dealings with him, good or bad, but I know others that have not had good experiences with him.

17. gearhead143

gearhead143

This thread is not dead yet!

Sorry everyone, I have been working 12 to 14 hours a day and with family events too, I have had little time for anything else.

By the end of this week or the first of next week I will be able to give you the answer to, who, when, what (specs) and how much $.

Hang in there.

18. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Do you know if Bill Carlson still has the Duggan head and would he sell it? Reason being I need one for one of the cars I was talking about. His is almost non repairable............................................................................... Bill sold his engine to some guys from Oregon and I saw it at Bonneville running in a E/PP i think. Maybe a Modified Pickup. Anyway it's gone.

19. SIMUNOVICH

SIMUNOVICH
    from HOLLISTER

if any one is looking for an engine i have one

20. rooman

rooman

More than 10 years on I think that Rich either found one or has given up on the quest.

Roo