Register now to get rid of these ads!

New to rods, but not to cars.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Sixdeuces, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Sixdeuces

Sixdeuces
    from San Diego

My name is Andrew, I'm from San Diego. After years of restoring and mildly customizing all kinds of cars, I have decided It is time to build a proper rod. I was fortunate enough to have been given a really straight and clean 1936 Dodge pickup cab by my Fiancee's dad. I have never taken on a project of this magnitude, but am lucky to have his guidance, advice, equipment, and stash of used parts at my disposal. I am also fortunate because he has done this before, First in the 60's and 70's as a funny car Builder/driver, and again recently as a hobby (Built a 32 ford roadster with a LeRoi Straight 8 flathead from a boom crane). I'm still in the planning stages of things, but once I find a sutable engine, We're gonna get started on the frame. I plan on keeping things mostly traditionalish, with a few twists and modern concessions to make the truck enjoyable to drive while keeping the "Vintage" style and having a good time doing so.

2. RUSTALOT

RUSTALOT
    from GA.

Welcome, show us some pics.

3. roughidle

roughidle
    BANNED
    from iowa

Welcome, sounds like a cool project.

4. Sixdeuces

Sixdeuces
    from San Diego

Here's some pictures.

here are a few of my truck cab. So far I have this, Two 20 foot sections of 2x4 rectangular tubing, and a clean set of old aftermarket sun gauges from my grandpa's GTO that he took out before selling the car.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The main thing I need to decide on is an engine. before we get going on building the frame. I could go with a 283 chevy, but I'd like something a bit different but not too way out.

this is my Soon to be Father in law's Roadster. Think it's a cabriolet actually because of the fixed windshield posts. I'm not sure what year it is. Thought it was a 32' but I think I was wrong:
    [​IMG]

Here's an engine shot:
    [​IMG]

This is his funnycar. It's mid engined. I believe he was the first guy to do this:
    [​IMG]

Hope you enjoy these.

5. Sixdeuces

Sixdeuces
    from San Diego

somehow the pics didn't load. Sorry.

6. Sixdeuces

Sixdeuces
    from San Diego

Here they are for real. Sorry about that.

My truck:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

And my soon to be father in law's car:
    [​IMG]

And this was his mid engine funnycar. He sold it sometime in the late 70's to someone who ran it in sand drags with a different body. I would love to find it for him:

[​IMG]

Enjoy.

7. GEORGIADAWG

GEORGIADAWG

Welcome, you got a cool project and that's a pretty clean looking cab