Register now to get rid of these ads!

The 1st Starliner a success. Thanks HAMBers!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by straykatkustoms, Sep 14, 2009.

1. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I wanted to thank everyone that attended the first “Starliner” in Kustom City… It was
    very kool to attend a show in Wichita that brought out so many Kool Kustoms and Hot
    Rods. Officially we had 184 entries which made a perfect showing for the first year.
    Only 184? Small numbers to some but you can't believe the quality of kool, this shouldn't
    be a shock because we were in Wichita.

Last year when we visited the Kansas Aviation Museum for the first time we thought it had
    the potential for a kool show site. Last Saturday when I was checking out all of those rides
    around the planes, it was kooler then I had imagined. Thanks guys for the great visual.

The Museum was very pleased with the response and would like to thank everyone to help
    them raise over $6,000 for their organization. Wichita is blessed to have such a kool building
    with all of that history.

Lot of people to thank but the first is Jack (Yblock292) He worked his tail off getting the
    krawl and the free feed all set up. He did a great job and it ran smooth. Jack is our head
    Kat in Kansas and we are very pleased to have such a kool guy on our side.

I‘d like to thank all of the shops that opened up for us to krawl through. This will be
    something that we will continue to do every year. We will do it the Friday before the
    show and we will change some of the places so everyone will see something new.

Thanks to all of the Stray Kat gang for their help. Krobe, Duke, Travis Miller (twotallokie)
    Dustin (HvyChevy), Jimmy (gomad) Jeff (mongo51), Everett (Mopar 41), Herb and B-Scott
    Studios. Also I’d like to thank Mcphail, Jeff Myers and Voodoo Jim for the inspiration to do
    this show in Wichita. I know that I’m missing some guys and I’m still a little bit brain dead.

The Museum wants us back next year and we plan on being in Wichita for years to come.
    Mark on your calendar Sept 10,11, 2010 a Kustom and Hot Rod show in Wichita can only
    get kooler….Stay tune for more later.

Happy Trails,

Mick

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  2. yblock292

yblock292

Thanks for the kind words, Mick, but believe me there was alot of people that helped pull that off, especially all the guys from Dewey who did all the cooking, 160 Hamburgers and 150 hotdogs !!! Gonna do it again next year,

3. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I'm uploading my pics to my computer now, and I should have them on my site tonight.
    There was also an annual BBQ competition in town this weekend, maybe you could somehow partner with them next year, as they were selling food to the public. The problem was they were on the opposite side of Wichita.

Great show, great cars, I just wish I had gotten there earlier!

4. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It is kool to hear that you enjoyed the show. Looking forward to the pics, you have a
    kool eye......

I wish that I could have kept a list of guys that was envolved.... They sure made ya
    look good Jack.

Happy Trails,

Mick

5. r-man

r-man
    from Derby KS

We had a great time and enjoyed it alot. Great cars a great people! We really liked the krawl it gave us a chance to meet alot folks. If you need any help for next year let us know. Thanks Ryan

6. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Mick, once again the S'Kats managed to put on an absolutely stellar event. We had a great time and will be in line for next year.

Wished we could have made the crawl, but next year perhaps.

Jack, Great to finally meet you, even if it was as we were leaving.

Got 10-11 of 2010 on the calander buddy, and we'll see you in May fo sho.

7. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Mick, can't tell you how much I enjoyed this show. A big thanks to you and your crew. Next year I will be there for the crawl, just wasn't able to get there that early this year. Also wanted to thank you again for handling the wheel thing for me. Gary

8. yblock292

yblock292

And thats not an easy thing to do!

9. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Ryan for opening up your shop and making all of us feel like at home. Even though
    it rained Friday morning, we seemed to have a good number of guys running around town.

One of these years maybe this year I'd like to hang out with ya we hadn't done that in a
    while. I think it was McPhails last show that he did in Wellington, KS. That has been too
    long.

Hey Gary thanks for making the trip down and I'm always looking for an excuse to go
    to Jeff's shop. Hopefully I'll get there this week.

Happy Trails,

Mick

10. yblock292

yblock292

Good to see you, have always admired your car, we need to get together sometime.

11. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

12. lo-buk

lo-buk
    from kcmo

You did great Mick, we will be back for sure. It was fun doing the krawl even with the rain and would do it all again. Thanks for a great show.

13. Old F.A.R.T.

Old F.A.R.T.

Had a BLAST Mickey....we WILL be back next year...Later Gater!!!!

14. BigFinCad

BigFinCad

Mick, Great show! Came home and told the Lonely Knights that we have to make this show next year. The venue was just awesome!! You treated us like gold and it was very kool and laid back. Best of all it had that old feel of Ft Smith in the early days.

Thanks again
    Big Rich
    Lonely Knights Kustoms and Nostalgic Rods

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  15. mongo51

mongo51

Any time you need me Micky.Had a blast.

16. mrs chaotic

mrs chaotic
    from ----

Mick-
    We had a blast! Thanks for including us in the garage krawl, it was a lot of fun to get to meet everyone. Can't wait for next year!

Anytime you all are in the area, feel free to stop by the shop. We love to have visitors!

17. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kinda hard to explain why we have a good turn out even in the rain. I thought that the
    Garage "Krawl" was going to be a bust because of the rain. We started around 10:00 and
    that is when the rain started. Everyone got in their cars and went on the tour. very kool!!
    When everyone was driving away the answer came to me. We're real Kustom and Hot Rod
    guys. Even though they are kool they are still just tansportation. They've been wet before
    they will be wet again.

We don't mind the rain but I was sure glad it stayed away during the show on Saturday.

It is kool to hear that you had a good time.

How kool was that when everyone was watching for ya to arrive at the show. I love to
    see your '62 rolling down the road.

That is kool to hear ya guys say it was worth your time. When Dave told me that you guys were coming I thought kool but I was concerned that it would be worth your drive. Saying that it reminded you of the old Ft. Smith days is a huge compliment. Thanks again!!

The trophy was way too kool and I appreciate all of your help. Tomy said that he wanted
    some old dash plaques. can you have him pm me his addres to me so I can throw them in
    the mail.

I've always been impressed with your family and how active they are within our hobby.
    Last year at Dewey it was kool when you guys drove up and when ya parked, all of your
    kids grabbed a rag and cleaned up the kustom. That was so Kool.....

During the Krawl, it was kool to see that your young kids are active in the shop duties and
    learning the Kustom trade.

Next time I'm in the neighbor hood I'll be stopping by.....Thanks for the invite.

Happy Trails,

Mick

18. lugnut48

lugnut48
    from Colorado

Hay Mick, The Starliner was a hit as already said by everybody I talked to it was a great time and can't wait till next year to do it again and this time I'll make sure the Sled is up for the trip. Shane, "Lonely Knights Kustom's"